Hundred Push Ups February

Options
Hello!
This is a new month for the Hundred Push Ups Challenge! The website is www.hundredpushups.com.
Welcome back to all the "veterans" and welcome to any new people that would like to do the challenge!
We are all at different levels and are doing it at our own speed so please join us!
I did not test this weekend, so I will post my test and my results from the day a little later!
I hope you all are well!
MM

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    This is a new month for the Hundred Push Ups Challenge! The website is www.hundredpushups.com.
    Welcome back to all the "veterans" and welcome to any new people that would like to do the challenge!
    We are all at different levels and are doing it at our own speed so please join us!
    I did not test this weekend, so I will post my test and my results from the day a little later!
    I hope you all are well!
    MM
  • serenityfaith0408
    Options
    AWESOME! I'm in!! :)
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I woke up yesterday with some strange pain in my back:grumble: So no challenges today. It feels better than yesterday so I am hoping by tomorrow I will be back. I did get on my treadmill and that was ok. Hate to have to skip my whole workout.

I hope you all have a good Monday:flowerforyou:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I have started back doing pushups every day, so I want to join this challenge!
  • miasuperstar
    Options
    Okay.. i think i'm in. This will be quite a feat!! one question- the website doesn't say just how low a pushup should be to qualify. Does your chin have to touch the ground to count as a "good form" pushup. This would make all the difference for me and my intital test.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies! Glad you could join us!
    Keiko, I hope your back gets better soon. I also had pain in my back this week so that's why I didn't test until today.
    miasuperstar, I would say go as low as you can without hurting yourself (other than just being sore from working the muscles). There's a couple of us (one is MIA at the moment due to work) that have been doing this program for a long time and though we love it, we want to get through it. We both plan on going back through the program again once we finish and try to go lower than we do now. Just do what you can!
    Everyone still with us?
    Alright, I'm going to give you all a short background on me. I started this program back in August of last year being able to do like 6 plank style push ups. I started the first week on my knees, then I repeated week one doing plank style. I have repeated every week at least once, some times a dozen (week 6)! I was up to 80 plank style push ups (boy push ups) at the middle of November. I had a set back and was out for about 6 weeks. When I got back to it I was still able to do 60. That was about 3-4 weeks ago. I wanted to test over the weekend but my back was hurting so I changed today up, which was suppose to be week 6 day 1 level 3. I've been on this level before, for weeks back in Oct-Nov. What I did today was tested and then did 4 more sets on top of that as many as I could do each set with about a minute for a break. I am proud to say I am back to what I was before I had my set back!
    Here's my results:
    total 230.
    I was doing almost 300 a day back in November. I am telling you all this to encourage you. If you have to take some time off to rest, do it. You won't lose all you have accomplished. When you come back you should recover pretty quickly. Also do not feel bad if you have to repeat a week over and over and over again. It has took me 3x's as long as the program says it will take but I will get there! Last November when I got to 80 push ups I bought my "I did the hundred" shirt. It's sitting in my closet and I will wear it soon! Don't give up! Don't get discouraged! Stick with the program and you will be able to finish! :flowerforyou:
    MM
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Okay-- new month, new start-- I started over at week one today, but with one very large modification. I decided to try the "real" pushups instead of the "girl" ones I'd been doing.

Week one, day one, level one-- and I died-- but, I did 'em!
    2-- supposed to be three, but-- oh well.

We'll see how this goes.
  • miasuperstar
    Options
    300 push ups , let alone 50, is AMAZING!! Hard to imagine. Nice job! Anyway, I did the test in my office and got to 15 where my elbows were at a 90 degree angle, though i think i could've done a few more. I think i will try the test tomorrow morning again. But any which way, i'm up for the challenge!! I think i'll go with the 90 degree thing for it to count as a push up justg as a personal standard cuz otherwise i could see myself getting tired and then just barely lowering my body but still counting it, HA!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I did my initial test yesterday evening. I did 10. I do "boy pushups"...mainly because that's how I try to make my teams do their pushups.

So I think I'll be on a Tues/Thurs/Sat Schedule for the workout.
  • Forpar
    Forpar Posts: 23
    Options
    Good idea on starting a new thread, MM. And I'm impressed with your progress - you'll be wearing that T-shirt in no time.

Today I was finally able to complete the week 4 day 2 level 3 workout ... (barely).
    I thought I was gonna die.
    But I added another 40 after cardio. So I feel my future's pretty bright too :glasses:
  • abullock
    abullock Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am going to go through the whole program unashamed of my girl push-ups! Maybe once I reach 100 I will start again with plank.

week 3 day 1
    ----
    total 95

This really does blow my mind. My initial test was 13 girl push-up!
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, wahoo, I'm in! I can only do girly-push-ups right now....but I'll test myself tonight!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Ooooh, wahoo, I'm in! I can only do girly-push-ups right now....but I'll test myself tonight!

Yayyyyyyyy-- hi Corin!!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    MM, thanks for being encouraging. It can get frustrating when you aren't moving on but I keep telling myself I'm doing this to get stronger not just to finish in a certain amount of time. The weeks are just a guide.

Today was week 4, day 1, level 2
    at least 25 and that's what I did. I feel really good about it. I was worried about the back issue. I don't know what that was but it even hurt to breathe. Today it's all gone, as mysteriously as it came.

Welcome to the new people! I hope you all enjoy the challenge. I'm doing girl push ups too. These are hard enough for me! I'm on my 3rd week of week 4. I don't think I would have got this far with the regular ones.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Okay, did my initial test.

I can run but....

i can only to 10 real pushups. haha! i'm so excited about this though because i know that a lot of runners, myself included, totally neglect their upper bodies.

So I'm going to read through the website and get started on this challenge! Wahoo!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Ugh. Okay, did my initial test.

I can run but....

i can only to 10 real pushups. haha! i'm so excited about this though because i know that a lot of runners, myself included, totally neglect their upper bodies.

So I'm going to read through the website and get started on this challenge! Wahoo!

"only" do 10? Woman-- I can only do 2. Count them-- one, two-- 2. One less than 3. One more than one. Only two more than none. Are you gettin' me? T-W-O. Ten is phenomenal.

Go you!!!

Edit-- PS: it's nice to see you-- love the av!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    MM, thanks for being encouraging. It can get frustrating when you aren't moving on but I keep telling myself I'm doing this to get stronger not just to finish in a certain amount of time. The weeks are just a guide.

Today was week 4, day 1, level 2
    at least 25 and that's what I did. I feel really good about it. I was worried about the back issue. I don't know what that was but it even hurt to breathe. Today it's all gone, as mysteriously as it came.

Welcome to the new people! I hope you all enjoy the challenge. I'm doing girl push ups too. These are hard enough for me! I'm on my 3rd week of week 4. I don't think I would have got this far with the regular ones.

Keiko-- I struggled like you know what with my "real" ones yesterday-- I don't know how I'm going to advance. But, we'll see.
  • Marla64
    Options
    hey-- I did 'em today!! Woo-- hooooooooooo-- week 1, day 2, level 1-- plank style-- go me!!

Can't believe I did 'em-- hope I'm going down as far as I'm supposed to, but I think my form is good.

Funny note-- after my second set, I wanted to try and ascertain my form to make sure my butt wasn't up in the air and that I was in good plank form (I think so, but not sure) so I asked 13 year old son, "Hey, how did my butt look?"

He said, "I wasn't looking at it, to be honest, and don't ever ask me that again. That's just scary."

Cracked me up.
    :laugh:

Great day to all!
  • serenityfaith0408
    Options
    Week 1, Day 2, Level 1 -Plank Style....I'm surprised to say that it wasn't as hard for me as it was on Monday when I started!
    (I should have done these yesterday, but did my normal running instead...had to give my back a break since I pulled something Monday :( )

Yay! :)
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Ah, I was looking for this thread all day yesterday! I saw it earlier, wanted to join but then couldn't find it again! LOL...

OK, Today was week 1, day 2, level 2 -- "girly style"

6,8,6,6,3..... Just about killed me, but I did 'em. I SO can't wait to pop out 100 bad boys soon! :tongue: