5' - 5'3" females- want to lose 25-30 lbs

Options

Replies

• Rebecca512787
    Rebecca512787 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @roboliciousbob Look at you go!! Terrific weight loss job over the last 5 months. Congrats!

You're exactly right. I also enjoyed following the progress of women of a similar height. When I was almost at my goal weight -- ten years ago -- I joined Weight Watchers with the plan of weighing in every week to stay on track. Every week I was embarrassed by their questioning my weight. All much taller and heavier than me. I finally quit going. July 1st I'm going to start posting on a maintenance thread that is reposted each month for weekly posts. One piece of datum they include is height.

Love your goals of the push-ups. I need to move that direction myself. Thanks for that reminder!
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Since I am getting close to my goal weight, I am trying to add in strength, then weight lifting to replace some of my cardio eventually.

Big supporter of weight training, because it sculpts your body.
    So many people just lose the weight, and realize that they don't like what they see in the mirror when they reach their goal, because they're just a thinner version of before.

But you want sculpted arms for the tank tops,
    The lean backs for the sundresses,
    and almost 6-pack for the bikini.

My goal is to reduce body fat, to reveal all the muscles I work hard to gain.

Great progress.

Amanda
  • roboliciousbob
    roboliciousbob Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Rebecca512787 I'm not sure taller people understand the trouble of distributing weight on a smaller frame. Gaining or losing even 5lbs is so much different on shorter people. And thank you. I'm trying to get in a different mindset as I near my weight goal. I like to focus on things for improvement/goals as it helps me stay motivated and moving.
    @huango I am trying to change my cardio bunny ways. Although I do love to run and it is great for the health and burning calories, I really want to focus on sculpting, becoming stronger, and taking it easy on running (I have a bad ankle that is doomed to cause me issues the rest of my life). I don't want to get rid of running completely as it is my zen and makes me happy. I just want to cut back on amounts and change out half my time to weights. The nice thing, this month is the first time in my life I have been able to regularly do body weight(and some hand weight) moves. AND I am actually starting to enjoy it and I feel the desire to start doing better. I knew I had to start out with baby steps first though because I know myself. I know trying to start out doing just weights would have left me very unhappy and overwhelmed.
  • ylor89
    ylor89 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    How about losing 20ish pounds? Add me if you'd like! ;)
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Nice to see this thread still going! I'll keep posting weekly weigh ins when I can...I've been at it since last August --found this thread in December. I've mostly been maintaining since losing 30 pounds, but it's been a real lifestyle change, and I'm finding summer to be hard. For the last couple of months, I've been weighing in between 120 and 125 -- currently at 122 -- and I have gotten rid of all my old clothes -- I figure that if nothing else, I'll stay where I am just so I have clothes to wear! I'm still hoping to get to the 117 range -- five pounds to go.
  • awilliamsou
    awilliamsou Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    5'0. Was at lowest weight this time last summer 128 and now have crept up to highest in several years 145. Hate the 10 lb yo-yo and ready to make permanent changes! Starting over with 146 as SW and 128 as GW. Feel free to add me
  • nicci168
    nicci168 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0"
    I'm recommended to eat 1,200kcal but I can't seem to get below 1,600. I don't want to 'diet' exactly but integrate permanent changes to my diet/eating habits.
    I recently changed my evening meal from a normal sized dinner plate to a sandwich plate so I eat better sized meals for my height but it hasn't made any difference to my weight at all. I think I'm eating the same amount but spreading it out more through the day.
    What does everyone else eat to live normally and keep calories that low? Especially living with taller people!
    Thanks for your help!!!
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    nicci168 wrote: »
    I'm 5'0"
    I'm recommended to eat 1,200kcal but I can't seem to get below 1,600.
    What does everyone else eat to live normally and keep calories that low? Especially living with taller people!
    Thanks for your help!!!

I have to choose to eat less starches.
    It's not easy to eat 1000 calories in vegetables and even grilled chicken breast, but boy, is it easy to eat 4-5 servings of rice, noodles, pasta.
    So most of my meals are 50% protein, such as grilled salmon, and 50% vegetable, such as a large (LARGE) bowl of mixed greens, radish, sweet peppers, cherry tomato, etc.

I focus on filling up on vegetables.

example:

18447572_10213316293607770_1777705662857485860_n.jpg?oh=4f8a54c4e9f9f26ba6e7fcab6d2ee5d9&oe=59D7BAF4

15094442_10211544054822908_2440363294589165569_n.jpg?oh=d38fac0efa0744697ddad685e5915af5&oe=59D5F909

I understand the struggle.
    good luck.
    Amanda

• alkight84
    alkight84 Posts: 66 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I wanna join too but I have way more to lose!!!
    SW 220
    CW 204
    GW 125
    I'm 5'1 and 33.
  • jaw170160
    jaw170160 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • rlynnlopez2017
    rlynnlopez2017 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread and would love to join! I'm 5' 1.5" (you all know than .5 counts ;)

SW: 150
    CW: 126
    GW: 120

Feel free to add me!
  • nourhanehab7
    nourhanehab7 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Me too
  • traceyrooschuz
    traceyrooschuz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join too. I'm more of a cardio person. I did the whole weight lifting thing but just don't feel feminine anymore. I just enjoy cardio so much more, I can put my headphones in and not think about anything. I have about 15-20 pounds to lose. Thanks for all the inspiration on here
  • StrongGirlFitGirl
    StrongGirlFitGirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 0", CW 188.5. My first goal weight is 160. I haven't weighed that in 20 years, hopefully my body co-operates :)
  • trimfitlady
    trimfitlady Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Trimfitlady
    CW 140 lbs
    GW 115
    4'11"
  • MrsDan1667
    MrsDan1667 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    So it seems I bookmarked this thread months ago and never added my stats. Whoops!

Need more friends! Add me :smiley:

5'3 32F

HW: 155 (day after giving birth)
    SW: 140 (1/1/2017)
    CW: 122
    GW: 105
    (Maintenance range: 105-110)
    Current Daily calories: 1100-1200

Jan and Feb we're so easy. The first 10 fell off practically. March I was worried about loosing too fast so only lost maybe 3 pounds. April I got a Fitbit and ended up practically maintaining bc I was eating back exercise calories. Half way through May I realized that was a bad idea and went back to max of 1100-1200 most days. Currently down to 122 but have been going up/down the same 1-2 pounds it seems for a couple of weeks but overall on the down trend
  • julie20170512
    julie20170512 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Joined MFP in May 2017

5'1
    SW 130
    CW 123
    GW 105 (secret GW 98 >:) )
    Daily calories: 1500~1600, fasting one day a week
    Biggest challenge: my sweet tooth :#
    Feel free to add me !
  • lmadison5
    lmadison5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! I'm just not sure how, but I'm 5'1 and need a pep talk
  • surekhagill8630
    surekhagill8630 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm 5'2" and aiming to drop about 30 pounds to get to a goal weight of 125, I'm doing 1350 cals a day and exercising 3x per week...although sometimes it's hard to stay on track with shift work and a toddler!! Good luck ladies.