Replies

• susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    The important is that you are sticking to it and making progress,
  • Lrlong82
    Lrlong82 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Official weigh in at the doctor's office today: 220 lbs. My husband was so confident in my progress that he bought me my bath and body works set AND candle yesterday. ❤
  • allenic10
    allenic10 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like your ideas for daily posts, and since it's Thursday, I'll start with some truth.

I realized some time ago that I was using my weight as a "rationalization for rejection." If someone didn't like me, if a relationship or job opportunity fell through... I would tell myself it was because I was overweight. That way, I didn't have to be accountable for my own short-comings in those areas. And I also used my weight as an excuse to avoid doing things that might push me out of my comfort zone. Basically I've spent my whole life hiding behind my weight. I didn't want to be big or unhealthy or uncomfortable in my own skin. BUT, it allowed me to avoid facing my deeper issues and insecurites.

As you said, we have to get to a point where we change our minds about what we want. And I don't want to hide behind my body ever again. I slowly lost 45lbs over the course of 2 years, just from switching from a sedentary job to a more active one. I tried MFP in the past, but wasn't very dedicated. I've been back with it for about a month, and am down between 15-20lbs since the beginning of May (I didn't get an official weight before I started, so that's why there's a 5lbs discrepancy.)

So there's my Thursday truth post :) Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • spingirl605
    spingirl605 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    @Lrlong82 I am so proud of you!!! Great job! your husband sounds like such a sweet man to support you that way! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!! I look forward to your next post...Keep it up, you are doing awesome!!
    xo
  • Lrlong82
    Options
    allenic10 thanks for sharing. Your courage is inspiring. And I am excited to hear about your progress. That is so awesome!
  • Lrlong82
    Options
    Monday check-in: How am I doing? - I think I'm doing pretty well, praise be to God. I'm thankful to Him for all things. He is good at all times and worthy to be praised. I feel good and at peace right now. But like I frequently tell my husband, check back with me later. My crazy lady is liable to kick in at any time. Bless God and thanks for asking
  • Lrlong82
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Official weigh in this week; only down one pound from last week, down seven for the month. I didn't meet my target goal loss of 10 pounds this month, but I saw that coming. Right now I am not bothered by that though because I have changed my mind about what I want. When I started this journey (again) two months ago it was about reaching a target goal of 150lbs. However, as each day brings insight and opportunities for healthy living I am becoming less focused on my numbers and more on my self. I focus on choices, actions, reactions, beliefs, misbelieves, and the age old question "how does that make me feel?". I am starting to be mindful of and more thankful for my present health instead of pressing and stressing over a number. Don't get me wrong, I still have goals. But they are daily and weekly goals. Like my daily calorie goal and my weekly work out goal. I figure as long as I keep myself healthy the rest will work it's self out. God bless and stay focused
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Lrlong82 wrote: »
    Official weigh in this week; only down one pound from last week, down seven for the month. I didn't meet my target goal loss of 10 pounds this month, but I saw that coming. Right now I am not bothered by that though because I have changed my mind about what I want. When I started this journey (again) two months ago it was about reaching a target goal of 150lbs. However, as each day brings insight and opportunities for healthy living I am becoming less focused on my numbers and more on my self. I focus on choices, actions, reactions, beliefs, misbelieves, and the age old question "how does that make me feel?". I am starting to be mindful of and more thankful for my present health instead of pressing and stressing over a number. Don't get me wrong, I still have goals. But they are daily and weekly goals. Like my daily calorie goal and my weekly work out goal. I figure as long as I keep myself healthy the rest will work it's self out. God bless and stay focused

Congrat's on your 7 pound loss this month!

I started at the same weight as you (a couple of inches taller) and it took me quite a while into my weight loss journey to start focusing on being mindful of choices, reactions, belief's and most importantly "how does that make me feel" instead of focusing on number targets. It was a game changer for me when that change of mindset clicked so i'm excited for that it seems to be starting to click already! Looking forward to following along with your progress on this thread :smile:
  • CaptainJoy
    CaptainJoy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I chose to lose weight because I could not get the job I wanted without a sleep apnea test due to my morbid obesity. That was my initial "why." It was a difficult journey. I am very involved with my church and Methodists love to eat. I had to skip after-church lunches, Wednesday night suppers, and special events because I could not be trusted around so much food. I had to learn discipline first.

You mentioned that you were unsure of your "why." My why has changed. Although I have greatly improved my health and stamina, can find super cute clothing for just a few dollars on the clearance rack, and no longer have to hide behind others when it's picture-taking time, I maintain my lower weight because of this thing they call RESPECT. I have discovered that my friends, family, and community have a much deeper respect for me because of my dedication, discipline, and hard work. It is no longer a chore to 'walk the walk," it is a joyful experience. I have a new-found energy and zest for life. I radiate.
  • Lrlong82
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Challenge: Today was tough. I believe I was feeling the effects of my recent B12 injection with jitters and restlessness. I've been worrying about my oldest son. I felt irritable. Had an increased appetite. Oreo cravings and cramps. Yes, that's right. Its TOM!
    Overcoming obstacle; planning, planning planning. I had healthy low calorie snacks and meals. So I allowed myself another snack with no guilt. I also stayed committed to my Tuesday work out. Lastly I allowed myself to fulfill by Oreo craving. Why? Because I planned on it by purchasing 100 calorie packs that help with portion control. Also I know that every thing in moderation, even moderation. Making concessions for other foods besides raw vegetables decreases my chances of a relapse. And refusing to deprive myself stops that unhealthy relationship with food perpetuated by guilt.
    So overall it was a great day because I overcame. And I feel pretty darn good about that. God bless and pass the milk!
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Your posts encourage me. Thank you!
  • spingirl605
    spingirl605 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    They inspire me too! Congratulations on overcoming your obstacle! You should be very proud of yourself. You're doing the right thing by not depriving yourself. I hope all is well with your eldest son!! And well thank goodness TOM only lasts a short while and only once a month...
    Good luck and God bless!!
  • Lrlong82
    Options
    Saturday Success: this week was a trying week. My nerves were all over the place. Seems like everything got to me. Actually, it started last week and rolled over into this week. And today I'm still dealing with a professional issue with a client that has my mood and mind unfocused. I pray resolution to that situation and that my heart won't be hardened to receive instruction/direction.
    Challenge: I have noticed that my calorie intake has increased. I am sure that's because I am an emotional eater. Actually I'm an emotional EVERYTHING! Last week wasn't soooo bad because I stayed focus. However when I got into my feelings these past couple of days I saw that I became unfocused with an "Oh well. Might as well" attitude. Last night was the eye opener. My husband made me a wonderful dinner of baked catfish and broccoli, which is a huge deal cause fish Friday used to be fried catfish with French fries. Anyway I ended up eating 3 slices of pizza. And then some cookies. And then some chips.
    Overcoming obstacle; be mindful. Now that I am aware I can adjust accordingly. And continue to sign in and log my food. The good, the bad and the ugly. That helps with accountability. Lastly, stay committed to weekly workouts cause that will help reduce the damage.
    God bless and distress
  • Lrlong82
    Options
    Looking over my past month I see that I haven't kept to my daily calorie goal as consistently as I did when I first started two months ago. What changed? Apathy. It started with Oreo cookies for dessert after dinner because I thought I could handle it. Now its pretty much "might as well" during every meal. I see what I want and I eat it. "Might as well". But then I get in my feelings when I'm logging in at 1500 to 2000 calories. Or when I've only lost 2 pounds for the week.
    Challenge: apathetic attitude leading to decreased compliance.
    Overcoming obstacle: stop running from the truth. I can't do this on my own. I need help. I need to connect with support deeper than just blogging. So I will reach out to one or two pals to ask for help. FYI: pride is a struggle of mine. (So is being judgemental but that comes from pride.) So admitting this and asking for help is difficult. As well as my continued refusal to surround this to God. Good news though, God's grace and mercy renews everyday. So, God willing and the creek don't rise, I have tomorrow to continue to grow. God bless and see you tomorrow
  • loriginnis
    loriginnis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :) Hi I'm Lori and I don't know how to add friends.. Feel free to add me... I need motivation lol.. I'm doing the food intake daily mfp offers and it's great for me so far...
  • Lrlong82
    Options
    Look at God! I did my daily devotion after posting and the message was about building support. "Alone you can run faster. Together we can run farther". #confirmation
  • Lrlong82
    Options
    Soooo... I haven't asked anyone to help me yet. (That's how hard it is to ask for help!). I managed to reign in some behaviors to get back on track. But then came the promotion at work! I found that I had an apathetic attitude again when under stress. It was "I don't care". I didn't want to think about or work on my eating habits because I had so many other things I was thinking about and working on. And I didn't make any time to work out. Thank God for meal planning and healthy grocery shopping. So even when I wasn't thinking, the food I reached for and ate was still pretty nutritious. That helped to keep me from falling too far off the wagon. But, with the transition to the new job duties and the holiday time with the family, I will admit that this wasn't my best week. Credit to myself tho because it wasn't the worst week either. God bless and meal prep!
  • Lrlong82
    Options
    So... How are YOU doing? Please share. I would love to hear
  • meganrrodriguez3
    meganrrodriguez3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I was just recently diagnosed with diabetes and it's no fun. I'm having issues with food and exercise and keeping my blood sugars under control. Don't let your pre diabetes turn into full blown. It's not fun. You can do this!!! Keep up the positive mind set. We can do this.
  • vfjlee
    vfjlee Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hello. I joined mfp at the end of June. So far I've lost 6 lbs. I've started water aerobics and am loving it. I've been reading your journey journal and just wanted to let you know what an inspiration you've been to me. I'm not sure how to add people, but anyone interested in adding me, please do so. I'm 4'11 and started at 237. Thanks for sharing your story.