What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, we are not up to running 5K yet. We run about 3K in 30 minutes, so 5K is going to take 45-50 minutes. We aren't too sure how to handle this (ideas are welcome) but thought that we'd just keep going, adding a couple of minutes to each workout until we get to 5K, and then work on the speed aspect.

I had this problem too! When I first finished C25K I could actually walk faster than I could run lol. I basically started up the 5k to 10k program but I alternate now with interval training. So one run I do whatever the program wants me to do and the next I warm up then run as fast as I can for a very short period of time (I started with 30s and am now at 45s) then I do a brisk walk for 1:30 then repeat until I've done six sets then normal cool down. It's helped with speed and endurance for sure. I'm still not quite at 5k in 30min but I'm getting there :wink:

Maybe check out the Galloway method, it's a running technique that includes preplanned walk intervals. I've known a few runners who've had success with it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!