Replies

• polish328
    polish328 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Omg I'm in. Help me learn how.
  • lillifer23
    lillifer23 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    But you are asking others to join you and you know nothing of them either.

Let us know how you did at the end of the three months.
    I know there are people on here who want to do the same. I'm only asking to speak with them. You're right I don't know the details of their lives but we become friends on here. Talk about things and if there goal is unhealthy or unrealistic it gets changed. That's the point of this community to help each other with reasonable and healthy goals.
    Not to attack people who you know nothing about like many on here have but to do something like you did and ask questions.
  • sophie7591
    sophie7591 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You know, not everyone is the same. Not everybody yoyos. Personally, I've only tried to lose weight one other time in my life 14 years ago. It worked and then I got pregnant and stopped watching what I ate. I was fully aware of what I was doing. Now this year in April I decided to change my eating habits for good. I'm down 33 lbs and now the loss is slowing down. Some weeks I lose 2 some weeks I lose 3. I'm not starving myself and I'm not constant hungry. I eat between 1250-1400 net carbs a day. I'm comfortable there for now. I don't forsee yo yo'ing because that has never been me. I'm not addicted to sweets. Even when I wasn't watching what I ate that wasn't my thing. So if some of you yo yo or have a sweet tooth just remember we're not all the same. And we dont all maintain or lose the same.
  • sophie7591
    sophie7591 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Net calories not carbs*
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    tswangler wrote: »
    Im in. I need to get this weight off. ASAP. I'll do my best to keep up. I think some accountability to a group would help.

Why ASAP? How long did it take you to gain the weight? In order to gain a pound, you have to overeat by ~3500 calories. You have to create that same deficit in order to lose. It likely will not happen as quickly as you want it to if you do it in a sustainable manner. It is risky to approach weight loss with "asap" unless you have a medical reason and are under a doctor's care.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    lillifer23 wrote: »
    karahm78 wrote: »
    So we are supposed to enable behaviors that are not healthy or go against the spirit of how MFP works? Sometimes people need to be told what they don't want to hear, what they do with that is up to them.

Eating 1000 cals and not eating exercise cals is netting well under a healthy amount and should not be done, point blank.

Seeing as you don't know how many calories I eat or my exercise habits maybe you should hear that you're making false assumptions and should back off. I would understand if one person made a comment that they're worried it's unhealthy. But not knowing the details makes it hard for anyone to back that up

I don't believe the post you quoted was referring to you.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    amyepdx wrote: »
    Cut back drastically, burn off muscle, run out of self-control, get even fatter because of reduced muscle mass, see you next summer?

You know what assuming does. I actually lost 25 lbs last summer not putting effort into a healthier lifestyle just the type of exercise I get during the summer. I still had muscle lol

But you Gained. It. Back.
    Thank you.
    I was going to go into that in reference to the muscle loss and decrease in BMR but I got the impression it was not worth it.
    "I still had muscle" is not the same as "I did not lose any muscle."

Of course, neither statement speaks to how much muscle she currently has, threats to bone density, losses due sarcopenia, or almost anything else that is important to overall health and long-term success.

My concern is that other fantasists are going to be "inspired" by such drivel.
  • Beebreezee
    Beebreezee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in. My goal isn't as ambitious. I'd like to lose 15-20. I recently started a low carb diet and I plan to up my excersize soon with my new gym membership being the motivation. So far I'm down 1.5 in a weeks time. I'm not sure if that's average but I'm excited nonetheless. Add me
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Beebreezee wrote: »
    I'm in. My goal isn't as ambitious. I'd like to lose 15-20. I recently started a low carb diet and I plan to up my excersize soon with my new gym membership being the motivation. So far I'm down 1.5 in a weeks time. I'm not sure if that's average but I'm excited nonetheless. Add me

Just so you do not get unreasonable expectations...
    I hope you understand that what you lost is mostly water weight and that you can easily gain it back.
    I say this because this appears to be your second post.

There is nothing magic about a "low carb diet".
    You must consistently consume less calories than your body burns in order to lose weight.

To keep the weight off you need to at least maintain your muscle mass or (preferably) increase it.

Otherwise your Basal Metabolic Rate will go down making it harder to lose more weight and harder to keep the weight off.
  • markswife1992
    markswife1992 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    it's a little too much for me, but i'm with you on the 3 months. i just started a 21-day work-out plan from Boho Beautiful and it is SO CHALLENGING!!! but my goal is to lose 10 lbs in 3 months. (i have arthritis, and i am on loads of meds, so weight loss is very slow for me.)
  • ijsantos2005
    ijsantos2005 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Lol I love all the judgement. Last summer I lost 25 not trying just eating better and exercising. I gained it all back however so this year I'm going to actually try to live healthier. Don't worry I'm eating plenty and I literally said I'm not worried about the actual numbers so maybe you all can relax a little.

You didn't lose 25 pounds of fat. It's was a combination of water, fat, and muscle with most of it being water.
  • xchocolategirl
    xchocolategirl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Not for me I like to lose weight in a more healthy manner 0.5 pounds works for me. I hope things work out, or feel free to adjust your standards just in case.