Replies

• Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Be kind. (to yourself)
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Put on the damn exercise clothes already! (Once I do that, I have no trouble getting out the door to run or go to the gym)

This is one of mine, as I sit on my bed in exercise clothes goofing off on MFP. Hey, I still have three more hours to get my workout in.

You can have a cookie, just not all of the cookies.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    No mantra, but I do look at my weight loss chart when I'm feeling particularly sh-tty. It works for me!

I do that too! A lot
  • NewYearNewMe140
    NewYearNewMe140 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Change is not always comfortable
  • tahilson
    tahilson Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's not about being better than someone else it's about being better than you were yesterday :)
  • katwills994
    katwills994 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I unfortunately don't have many positive mantras because I tend to be in denial about my poor eating/exercising/being overweight. I'm trying to break these horrible habits.

The one mantra I have is when I go for a run/walk. "You got this so don't stop!"
  • Rubysue17
    Rubysue17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as being thin will feel!
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    daneejela wrote: »
    Since we have a thread about what phrases winds us up, I though we might have one for a phrases that keep us going.

Do you have any phrase that you keep repeating to yourself that has this powerful effect on your motivation and commitment and helps you overcome self doubt, fear, plateaus, bad days..? :)

When it's past 8p and I have eatened all my meal and met my macros close enough, sometimes a class of water or tea won't erase a lingering hunger in my gut, I say this to myself. "That feeling of hunger...Congratulations! That's the feeling losing belly fat."

• lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    waffle944 wrote: »
    You can't manage what you can't measure... so track things!

so true
  • barbamorrison40
    barbamorrison40 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
  • InkAndApples
    InkAndApples Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of "you can't be mad at the results you didn't get with the work you didn't do"

My trainer regularly tells me "your body can handle it, it's your brain that wants to quit" and "when you feel like you can't manage another step go for ten more seconds" both help me push through when i'm convinced I'm done in, I never am.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    "This moment matters." One of the biggest challenges in my life has been consistency, not just with nutrition goals but other goals as well. It's so easy for me to begin thinking, "This one time doesn't really matter." The reality is, it's precisely that one time that DOES matter. If I do the right thing in my weakest moment, that's how I build strength.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    When I 'feel' I need to eat something special for instance: "I really could do with an ice-cream" I taught myself to imagine how I'd feel after eating that thing I "needed". 9 out of 10 times I walk past it as I can then feel the "I should not have done that" feeling before getting there.
    But sometimes I do the calculus in my mind (I pre-log) and then think "Yeah that fits" then think "do I really want it?" If the answer is still yes then I go an buy that ice-cream and love every second of it.

Sometimes it feels as if my logic and heart are talking to each other if that makes sense.
    Feels a bit Gollum/Sméagol thing o:) / >:)
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    "Eat to live, not live to eat"
  • barbamorrison40
    barbamorrison40 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ok tell me how much head to lose weight
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'm worthy of taking care of myself.
    No one can do this for me.
    It's not all or nothing.
    I don't care what everyone else does.
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    "Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." (Earl Nightingale)

And ...

Suck it up, buttercup!!
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I will be a skinny *kitten*. I can do this. God is good, god is great.
  • Sara3434
    Sara3434 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    7 P's

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance