Gained weight or no change before and during period

Options
2»

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    A lot of people say they see the pounds start to come off again a day or two into the period. Not me. Not until after and I bleed for 7-9 days. It's hell.
  • klaramarina
    klaramarina Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    And this is what i look like when i see those lovely numbers on the scale a few days before. One day I'll get used to it..

8qbflkac62mk.jpg
    :D
  • klaramarina
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    A lot of people say they see the pounds start to come off again a day or two into the period. Not me. Not until after and I bleed for 7-9 days. It's hell.

I'll see in my new case because before I wasn't on a plan even tough I notice myself bigger while on my period, now my first period since I started the plan, but whatever I'll just wait and still on my plan. I'm happy because I only had half a sugar free brownie two days ago that I had a craving because of this, and practically the only cheating that I had had so far, I remember before it was like almost everyday for a week, terrible
  • bbell1985
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

I'll see in my new case because before I wasn't on a plan even tough I notice myself bigger while on my period, now my first period since I started the plan, but whatever I'll just wait and still on my plan. I'm happy because I only had half a sugar free brownie two days ago that I had a craving because of this, and practically the only cheating that I had had so far, I remember before it was like almost everyday for a week, terrible

It's not cheating. Did it fit in your calorie goal? Even if it didn't, haven't a higher calorie day or two during your period is not the end of the world.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    This is why I highly recommend an IUD. No more heavy periods, days of bloating and cramps, or a period at all (I hope) after a year. Or you can just take regular BC and skip the sugar pills to never have a period at all. There is no medical health "need" for a period. It's totally fine to stop them for convenience. If it bothers you or impedes your motivation/exercise....just stop having them.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    If​I have been eating healthy and working out i will usually either gain a few about half a week before my period and then lose them halfway thru. Or I will maintain the whole time (and not lose. Less common). I've gained up to 7 pounds.

I weigh daily and use a trend app. It's just a data entry to me and I don't freak out anymore.
  • Lashawn71188
    Lashawn71188 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I hold on to water we like crazy. I'm on my cycle right now and I'm up 12 pounds in 6 days! I did give in to a few cravings but by this time next week I'll be back at my weight before my cycle or a pound or two less. After my cycle I go low carb, be more mindful about getting 80 oz or more of water, and try to sweat as much as possible during my workouts to get rid of the water weight faster.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    I hold on to water we like crazy. I'm on my cycle right now and I'm up 12 pounds in 6 days! I did give in to a few cravings but by this time next week I'll be back at my weight before my cycle or a pound or two less. After my cycle I go low carb, be more mindful about getting 80 oz or more of water, and try to sweat as much as possible during my workouts to get rid of the water weight faster.

12 lbs whoa mama!
  • klaramarina
    Options
    This is why I highly recommend an IUD. No more heavy periods, days of bloating and cramps, or a period at all (I hope) after a year. Or you can just take regular BC and skip the sugar pills to never have a period at all. There is no medical health "need" for a period. It's totally fine to stop them for convenience. If it bothers you or impedes your motivation/exercise....just stop having them.

Just curious what's IUD
  • klaramarina
    Options
    Luna3386 wrote: »
    If​I have been eating healthy and working out i will usually either gain a few about half a week before my period and then lose them halfway thru. Or I will maintain the whole time (and not lose. Less common). I've gained up to 7 pounds.

I weigh daily and use a trend app. It's just a data entry to me and I don't freak out anymore.

Thank you
  • klaramarina
    Options

I wanna cycle again, I broke the buckles of my spinning shoes by accident in my car, I was thinking to sew some Velcro now haha I hope it works, It is a great exercise.
    And yeah I drink water the whole day, thanks a lot