5'8-5'11 women before/after pics?

Replies

• DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Y'all are doing so fantastic with amazing results!! Keep up the good work!

I've lost 34 lbs since my back surgery one year ago! It's not fast but I'm eating smaller portions and healthier.

Dana in Arkansas
  • _julie_oas_
    _julie_oas_ Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2019
    I just want to be 5'8"

It's not all it's cracked up to be. I have trouble finding pants. I'm too tall for Regular length and too short for Tall lengths. So I have to end up buying 2 pairs of the same pants...one for flats and one for heels. My dream height is 5'10".

This. This is my life!

Also girls: shoes?!

I'm a size 9 but I had awful flat feet so need insoles with arch support which take me up to a 10! For this reason I can't by womens shoes off the high street often. I seldom find a 10 in brantanno, and sometimes in shoe zone but they're so cheap they ruin after a month,especially with the added pressure from the supports pushing out width ways. Trainers, I buy the flat est mens trainers I can and add my supports. Even the trainers designed to have high arches aren't high enough.
    Any one know of websites good for shoes? Also shoes that don't have ridiculous heels? Like I'm a size 9, 5'11.5 (so basically 6ft!) - I do not need to have a 3 inch heel on every pair of shoes I buy! ! !
    I just want to be 5'8"

It's not all it's cracked up to be. I have trouble finding pants. I'm too tall for Regular length and too short for Tall lengths. So I have to end up buying 2 pairs of the same pants...one for flats and one for heels. My dream height is 5'10".

This. This is my life!

I'm a size 9 but I had awful flat feet so need insoles with arch support which take me up to a 10! For this reason I can't by womens shoes off the high street often. I seldom find a 10 in brantanno, and sometimes in shoe zone but they're so cheap they ruin after a month,especially with the added pressure from the supports pushing out width ways. Trainers, I buy the flat est mens trainers I can and add my supports. Even the trainers designed to have high arches aren't high enough.
    Any one know of websites good for shoes? Also shoes that don't have ridiculous heels? Like I'm a size 9, 5'11.5 (so basically 6ft!) - I do not need to have a 3 inch heel on every pair of shoes I buy! ! !
    I just want to be 5'8"

This. This is my life!

I just want to be 5'8"

This. This is my life!

I just want to be 5'8"

This. This is my life!

I just want to be 5'8"

This. This is my life!

I just want to be 5'8"

This. This is my life!

I just want to be 5'8"

This. This is my life!

I just want to be 5'8"

This. This is my life!

I just want to be 5'8"

This. This is my life!

I just want to be 5'8"

This. This is my life!

I just want to be 5'8"

This. This is my life!

I just want to be 5'8"

Hah, never thought about that! I'm sure that's frustrating. I'm 5'10"; most "tall" length pants are 34" inseam and for me, they're about one inch too short! I do find that some "tall" pants are 36" which are a hair too long, but I'll take that problem any day.

I'm a thrift-store junkie and do most of my clothes shopping at thrifts, Savers, etc. and I've found some incredible yoga pants (super tall) and occasionally jeans there, for a few bucks. One time found a brand-new pair of tall Athletas, tags on and all. At least for tall people, it's easy to shop for jeans, I just walk along the rack of hanging jeans looking for ones that are noticeably longer. The new way of hanging them (clipped on hangers along the side of the pant) stinks!
    LadyLilion wrote: »
    I just want to be 5'8"

This. This is my life!

Please! Try wearing a size 12/13!

I literally can't find shoes except on line, which is a p.i.t.a. and at Payless. I buy them, wear them until they fall apart since they're cheap crap, then buy more. My walking shoes are MEN'S Nike's! I got them in a 10 1/2 and they're actually a tiny bit short...but I just flatly refuse to go any bigger in a man's shoe. :s I can't buy women's gloves either. The fingers are always too short...but men's gloves are generally too wide. Not to mention ugly.

For on-line shoes I do recommend Zappos, if only for their amazing customer service. They also have completely free returns...no matter how many times you have to return something.
    I am
    5' 9.5
    SW: 202
    CW:179
    GW:160-165

The best part of this thread is seeing that 165 on a frame like mine looks pretty darn good. With the height that we have, most of us can't go below 150 without looking super thin... In highschool I was around 145 and people would constantly say things about how skinny I was and thought there was something wrong with me!

THIS! I am 5'10" and have always been heavy. But the charts are crazy low. https://www.rush.edu/health-wellness/quick-guides/what-is-a-healthy-weight Shows "Normal" as 136 to 178. Weight Watchers said 139 - 174. Now, granted I'm 53 years old, but my own doctor has told me to NOT go below 180.

EDIT! I am talking about the 130's as crazy low...but I do recognize that you might have a very delicate frame so YMMD...but most women our heights are really very, very skinny in the 130's.

• _julie_oas_
    _julie_oas_ Posts: 2 Member
    I am 5'7 and weigh around 215 I am looking to to be around 150. What is the best way to get in a good habit with eating and exercising??
    Btw let me just say if you have a hard time finding 9 and 10's in shoes it is a lot harder being from a 12 to a 14 shoes size.
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    edited June 2017
    _julie_oas_
    Start tracking your food. Start at 1750 calories and see how that works out.
    There are ideas for meals in this app.
    I've lost 20 lbs since March 25th so far.

I have Sara Lee 45 calorie a slice bread (2) in the morning with peanut butter and a banana with 2 cups of coffee with fat free half and half. 300 +/-

Lunch I may have a salad with chicken or tuna with fat free dressing. 300 +/-

Dinner I'll have veggies, 1 starch like a potato or rice (1/2 cup) and 3-4 oz. meat.
    600 +/-

Dessert: Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich, 150 calories.
    Or popcorn 100 calorie single packs.

You have plenty to use for snacks during the day.

There a lot of websites that have low cal dishes too.

I hope this helps you!
    Dana in Arkansas
  • DeshotelK
    DeshotelK Posts: 183 Member
    Btw let me just say if you have a hard time finding 9 and 10's in shoes it is a lot harder being from a 12 to a 14 shoes size.

I know the feeling. In sandals I can get away with an 11. In running shoes it's between a 12 and 13 depending on brand (which are limited).
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Following this thread.

5'10-11 Small Frame

SW 199
    CW 191
    GW 145-150

I've been slim all of my life until the past five years when my weight started yo-yoing up and down, so I know what I look like at various weights. However, I had never gotten this close to 200 and it was a wake up call. I got restarted in mid April.

From my teens to mid 20s, I was in the 125-130 range, but I don't want to get that low again. I recently found a photo of myself from when I was 19 and I looked absolutely fine and healthy. My measurements were 36(B)-24-35, so as little as I weighed, it was distributed well. Back then, I really didn't watch what I ate at all and I ate like a horse, but I can't do that anymore and I'm not willing to eat the lower amount of calories required to maintain that weight.

There were a handful of people who remarked on my weight back then, but I figured that was their problem. I could have eaten all of them under the table. I'll never forget the time I went to the state fair with my mom's boss and his family. He told my mom he didn't need any money because I "couldn't possibly eat that much". He came home shellshocked. "Where does she put it all?" :smiley:
  • jinx0037
    jinx0037 Posts: 3 Member
    Bump
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    I am 5'7 and weigh around 215 I am looking to to be around 150. What is the best way to get in a good habit with eating and exercising??

For me, it was signing up to do a half marathon. I will really struggle top run it if I don't drop 20 lbs and train consistently!
  • Priss08
    Priss08 Posts: 62 Member
    I am
    5' 9.5
    SW: 202
    CW:179
    GW:160-165

The best part of this thread is seeing that 165 on a frame like mine looks pretty darn good. With the height that we have, most of us can't go below 150 without looking super thin... In highschool I was around 145 and people would constantly say things about how skinny I was and thought there was something wrong with me!

Right?! I'm about the same hight as you and it's so nice to see other women around the same height at the goal I want. I was also about 145 in high school/early college and I also got a lot of "You're so thin!" comments.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!