Hey Guys!! Onions Question! :) Please help!! lol!

Options

Replies

• Hellobeautifuls
    Hellobeautifuls Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    thanks, guys!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The best way to eat onions is on a Double Double from In-n-Out Burger.

They're also awesome chopped very fine on top of raw mackerel.
  • Hellobeautifuls
    Options
    what's mackerel??
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Animal style?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Animal style?

But of course!!! Bonus points for animal fries with it!!! They have onions too!!!
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    what's mackerel??

3x5cjnft4f1c.jpg
  • Hellobeautifuls
    Options
    ewwww! lol! no thank you!! I'm not really a fish person! lol! but thank you! and for the picture!! haha! but no thank you! lol!
  • Goodheavens2
    Goodheavens2 Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I love onions. They're cheap and bulk out lots of my dishes. Try slow cooking a couple of kilos. Just peel and chop in half (or quarters if they're big). I cook them on the lowest setting for about 6 hours while I'm at work. They almost melt down to a sweet, onion sauce you can use as a base for a casserole, curry, soup etc. Or keep refrigerated and add in spoonfuls to stir-fries etc. Great with curries that need a sweet base.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Had a relative who would eat them raw like an apple... Needless to say he usually sat alone at family gatherings.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Had a relative who would eat them raw like an apple... Needless to say he usually sat alone at family gatherings.

He could always sit with my relative who thought eating raw garlic was "good for the blood." :s
  • L1zardQueen
    Options

jqkq8ra351va.gif
  • cosob
    cosob Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you for making me laugh...! Omg. Laughed so hard
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine the intestinal distress both onions and prunes would cause.

Perhaps it would be similar to haribo sugar-free gummy bears but with intense reek.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

Perhaps it would be similar to haribo sugar-free gummy bears but with intense reek.

Oh dear... Imagine the stench! Haha
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options

Prunion juice. This must exist now! Let's get Beachbody to market it!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

It's the next ACV. Or cleanse.
  • Hellobeautifuls
    Options
    Lol! To the eating onion raw! That's hysterical! Lol! And to the more below post? It's not wrinkle management - I do not have any- nor have I needed any extras for my skin yet and nobody thinks I'm near my age - I had just been stressed and thought I'd have fun. Just feel I need to reiterate that. And that it's short term. Any how thanks again for the idea up above - I really like the recipes in general as well - besides just for having fun because I do just like onion - so please do keep them coming! Lol! Or some with slight garlic since this was mentioned is welcome too - it's one of my favs but you can barely eat that as well because of the smell-!! :0( but def hoping for those too!:0)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

Sounds more like Thrive. ;)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,843 Member
    Options
    I love raw onions, chopped or thin-sliced. Besides what's mentioned above:
    • Hot shelled edamame with chopped raw onions and a dash of coarse sea salt
    • Cold chickpeas as a salad with raw onions and chopped pickled turnips (the middle-Eastern kind)
    • Cooked edamame noodles or soy noodles with green peas, chopped raw onions, and peanut sauce (peanut sauce: PB2 peanut butter powder, rice vinegar, soy sauce, a little toasted sesame oil, and optionally seasonings like chile sauce, garlic szechuan pepper, etc.)
    • Thinly sliced cucumber and raw onions dressed with salted plain Greek yogurt & freshly-ground black pepper. Chopped fresh garlic won't hurt it either.

The sweet onions, like Vidalias, are especially good raw, IMO

Almost anything I cook in a frying pan starts with browning a whole chopped or sliced onion. Soups usually start with many slow-browned onions.

But there's no magic in them, other than yum. It may be mildly helpful that they're prebiotic (your microbiome likes consuming them). As a consequence, you may want to ramp up consumption slowly so your system can adapt. Otherwise, gassiness could result.

Those above laughing about the effects of onions + prunes might well find little difficulty if consumption increases gradually. Personally, I think the combo sounds tasty - I may try it. As someone who regularly eats 40+ grams of fiber, and usually at least half an onion daily (often raw), I'd anticipate no complications
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    My dad is 84. He eats half of a Vidalia onion everyday. He just eats it with a little salt and pepper. You could out local honey on it, if you want something else that's good for you.