Women over 40 ..

Replies

• LunaPipes
    LunaPipes Posts: 16 Member
    Add me at will! 42 going on 43...in the midst of kicking 15 lbs to the curb, solo mom to a 6 and <2 year old. Mainly focus on hiking, walking, some interval runs, calorie counting, and making better meal choices. I like my wine though. ;-D

If you're into Neville Goddard / Feeling It Real, twas meant to be.
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Let's make this active. Late forties. I have been a slow moving yo-yo for the last decade. I scrape off 25 lbs and it goes back on plus 10 lbs more. I am currently 205 and will be thrilled to be 160. I have concluded that I like food too much to even try for slender. Healthy is good enough. But need to stop the yo-yo. I have done group therapy and considered OE Anonymous but food isn't a disease. Plus why do I need to make amends for being fat?
  • shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    I'm also trying to stop being a yoyo and get healthy . We CAN do it!!!!!!!
    Good luck to you all and feel free to add me .
  • newlark01
    newlark01 Posts: 474 Member
    Thought I had posted here - do add me - am 45 and have around 25 lbs to lose - have been yo-yoing up and down for several years with a steady upward trend that is going to be reversed permanently I hope!
  • Skywashed
    Skywashed Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! I am 42 and would love some friends for inspiration and support. I find find it very helpful when I keep up with logging. Weight has been slowly,steadily creeping up and I want to manage it for the long term, making smart choices without deprivation and by staying active. I want to start by losing 5-10 lbs but could use to lose more for the long term. Please add me if you feel similar!
  • Sunshine6909
    Sunshine6909 Posts: 108 Member
    Hi Im 45 from NZ looking for more gal pals. I'm a bit of a couch potato but have started doing some walking. :-)
  • coldandfrosty
    coldandfrosty Posts: 2 Member
    I am 47 and really finding losing any weight hard. please add me.
  • lemonadrienne77
    lemonadrienne77 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello, I still have four months until forty, but I would love to be part of this group as I find it difficult to related to twenty somethings at this stage. Please add me!!!
  • lesliecooki6038
    lesliecooki6038 Posts: 15 Member
    I'm 43 & have been here almost 2 wks, feel free to add me:)
  • Ari1974
    Ari1974 Posts: 11 Member
    Am as lost as many of you I look but as see many don't have a daily log just wanted to see some ideas
  • nickiphillips1
    nickiphillips1 Posts: 114 Member
    Please add me as well. I am 47 and have lost 30 lbs. I need to lose another 10, would like to lose 25 more.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    I would like to be added! 44 years old, not new to MFP, but just getting back on track. I could use any motivation and support out there! :)
  • rascallycat
    rascallycat Posts: 248 Member
    Anyone can feel free to add me but make sure you read my profile first. I am very sarcastic, don't deal with b.s. and have the mouth of a sailor.
  • Sunshine6909
    Sunshine6909 Posts: 108 Member
    edited June 2017
    no chance to lose the weight and achieve my goals (visible abs) because I am over 40 and "at 40 your metabolism just stops".

"At 40 your metabolism stops" - That's the funniest thing I've heard someone say! :-)
  • OaklandTeacher
    OaklandTeacher Posts: 20 Member
    Hi! I turned 60. While I notice it is a lot easier to gain weight, a change in lifestyle has helped me out a lot. I've lost 31 pounds with 19 more to go. We can do this!
  • shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    Hello ladies , just wondering how you're doing . It's really hot here, which makes me feel like ice cream . I'm browsing through the MFP discussions to take my mind off it and stay reasonable.
  • Rayvis1014
    Rayvis1014 Posts: 36 Member
    Hi everyone! I'd love to be part of this group. I'm 46 and 5 ft 2in. and am finding easier to lose weight in my 40s than I did in my 20s and 30s, mainly because I started logging my calories consistently and accurately. Feel free to check out my food diary, although I eat like crap, lol. I am also happy to share my spreadsheet where I've been tracking my daily TDEE, intake, and weight.
  • nickiphillips1
    nickiphillips1 Posts: 114 Member
    @shonat11 - how about a smoothie? I make them every morning after I swim. You can put a lot of different things in them. I put water, kale, fresh ginger, tumeric, (those two are for inflammation) frozen fruit, (blueberries, strwberrries, raspberries, and blackberries) and peanut butter powder (need protein).

I get my quite a few servings of veggies early in the day and I get protein and carbs for a refreshing treat after I work out!
  • colemanmelissa
    colemanmelissa Posts: 46 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm 47 and looking for healthy competition with people closer to my age. Add me please