Halo Top...how the heck do they do it???

Options

Replies

• gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I found this one in Canada that tastes amazing
  • StacywithaY
    StacywithaY Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    We finally got Halo at my tiny grocery store up here in the mountains! I was so excited to give it a try, after hearing all the hype.

Surprisingly it really was as good as everyone claims!

I've only tried the birthday cake flavor (think that's what it's called.) It tastes just like the Cake Batter (crack) flavor at Cold Stone Creamery! I was amazed it could have so few calories. No guilt and a freaking delicious :smiley:

It's worth the price.
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    The birthday cake and lemon cake flavors are terrible.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I've had two pints of Halo Top in my freezer for quite a while, as I'm not a huge ice cream fan. This weekend, I opened up the Sea Salt Caramel and at 1/2 a pint and was pleasantly surprised! I see what people are talking about in regards to the texture, but that didn't bother me - even straight out of the freezer. The flavor was GREAT!! The only downside is that my dogs were mad that I didn't let them lick the bowl/spoon, lol. They're kinda cute when they pout, though ;).
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    ksz1104 wrote: »

lol our taste buds are defiantly not on the same page, think they're both great.
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    It's good but it's worth $3.50 at most...
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

That's about how much it costs me at my local supermarket.
  • leanitup123
    Options

That's about how much it costs me at my local supermarket.

Same. Whole Foods and co-ops sell it for $5.99 though.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    For those who use ibotta, the current rebates are .50 for 2 pints of Halo Top, $1 for Enlightened pint or box, and $2.50 for 2 pints of Artic Zero, valid at several major US grocery chains.

I might have to try Artic Zero just for the price point!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    ksz1104 wrote: »

I have not tried the birthday cake yet because of so many mixed reviews. I really like the lemon. I did not like peanut butter because mine had no chunks of anything and others have said that theirs did. The red velvet is good. The pistachio is one of my favorites. I do not normally like cookie dough flavors the chocolate chip cookie dough is delicious. The chocolate almond something or other is also very good. I wait until they go on sale and I buy 3 or 4 pints so I can get to taste them all.
  • nottellingit
    nottellingit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My favorite flavor (of Birthday Cake, Vanilla Bean, Chocolate, and Red Velvet) has been Vanilla Bean. Chocolate had a pretty icky texture tbh but I think they've revamped it since. However, I only get Birthday Cake because it's the only flavor available at costco (4 pints for ~$11 so ~$2.75/pint) and buying halo top anywhere else is way too expensive for me.
  • joanbha307
    joanbha307 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Halo top
    ice cream is good. But watch the ones that are highly process. I have the app Fooducate and its rating is good but you got to read the nutrition chart for the reason why it's not all about the sugar, fat, etc.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    joanbha307 wrote: »
    Halo top
    ice cream is good. But watch the ones that are highly process. I have the app Fooducate and its rating is good but you got to read the nutrition chart for the reason why it's not all about the sugar, fat, etc.

Yeah what?
  • leanitup123
    Options
    Halo top

Yeah what?

?? Pretty sure all of them are processed the same way but appreciate the heads up
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Halo top

Yeah what?

I think that they are trying to push another app, but yeah, I'm not sure what they are saying.
  • leanitup123
    Options
    cmtigger wrote: »
    Halo top

Yeah what?

I think that they are trying to push another app, but yeah, I'm not sure what they are saying.

Yeah IDK. The Fooducate app definitely needs some help though... HA.
  • Jorgie1987
    Jorgie1987 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am in love with the oatmeal, our Meijer had coupons for a free pint a week or so ago, and Everytime they ring up a pint at the moment they are popping out $2 off. My husband has gone though two birthday cake. It's too sweet for me, but I have oatmeal and chocolate in the freezer. The oatmeal is perfect!! The chocolate is ok too, it tastes like you brought a frosty home and popped it in the freezer. The oatmeal really hits a spot for me as before going low carb oatmeal was my favorite breakfast.
  • StephanieOugh2014
    StephanieOugh2014 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Would try but it's not sold in my part of Canada and the price is likely comparable to B&J's.

I'm driving to Bellingham Wednesday:)

• cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Okay, I finally opened my pint of Enlightened frozen hot chocolate. That stuff was good.

I ate half of it yesterday and the other half tonight. So far no intestinal issues that I was worried about from the sweetener.
  • KylaBlaze
    KylaBlaze Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    What is the point of eating ice cream if it's not really ice cream???