Volume Eaters Thread

Options

Replies

• leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Oy. I was out of Laughing Cow cheese for my hot dog salad so I used egg beaters instead. Needed the protein anyway. Two chicken hot dogs and 6.5 servings of egg whites with BBQ sauce and hot sauce over 1.25 bags of salad mix. Belly full.

GET ON THE LIQUID AMINO GRIND
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Oy. I was out of Laughing Cow cheese for my hot dog salad so I used egg beaters instead. Needed the protein anyway. Two chicken hot dogs and 6.5 servings of egg whites with BBQ sauce and hot sauce over 1.25 bags of salad mix. Belly full.

GET ON THE LIQUID AMINO GRIND

I know! I went to the store and forgot about it until I got home and opened the thread.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I get Bragg's online at Vitacost...
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy eating this way, and I do think of it as more healthful. I'm trying to lose weight, so I have just subbed in volume so I'm not fighting hunger as well as any other changes.

For each meal I typically eat two different kinds of fruits and at least 2 kinds of veggies. I think the variety makes me feel better satisfied. Typically half a banana and some strawberries/raspberries/melon/apple. Breakfast can be sunny side up eggs, turkey bacon, light toast and a pile of cooked zucchini, kale, mushrooms, roasted tomatoes, or spinach. I also try to caramelize onions without oil and and sautee veggies to have on hand so that if i want an omelette, I can add tons of veggies and have something good with little time commitment. Right now i have a container of sauteed zucchini/yellow squash mix, spinach, onions, and mushrooms in the fridge. Typically cook something up every few days.

I am also a fan of cooking meat (or sometimes tofu) ahead of time and portioning it out in, say 4 to 5 oz bags, then adding sauteed onions/peppers/etc so that I can pop it in the microwave and immediately have a filling salad, burrito, taco, omelette, etc. I typically cook steak in pan, so I deglaze with whatever veggies I'm using and you have great flavor in the veggies themselves.

For oatmeal I like to cut up a large green apple, add 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats, add cinnamon, dash of cloves, and some nutmeg then cook in the microwave. Sometimes I add a little flax to it, but typically i top it with walnuts and a little agave.
  • miratps
    miratps Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    miratps wrote: »
    Speaking of My Protein; I can't live without their "0" calorie flavor drops. I put them in shakes and yogurt. Sometimes coffee. The toffee is amazing and goes with everything. I like the peanut butter but it's not quite as good...but good for peanut butter shakes if you don't want to add more calories with powdered PB or the real stuff.

The Chocolate Peanut Butter is amazing. Strawberry is also fantastic

Yeah I've had the chocolate peanut butter. I've been hesitant to try the strawberry because I tend not to like fruity things. I'll try though.

Its stronger than the others I feel, so just try a few drops in water first to get your proportion for your sweet tooth correct but its well worth it. I essentially put a variety of flavours, 1 per bottle, in my milk when I buy it and basically have that flavoured milk to go!
  • bbell1985
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    The highest calorie condiment I use has 25 calories a serving. I love hot sauce, stubb's anytime sauce (green chili & sweet black pepper), mustard, a garlic/chili asian sauce, flavored balsamic vinegars. I also use a lot of black pepper and chipotle pepper.

I don't use mayo or butter. I find that the sauces and spices I use add enough flavor or moisture that I don't need it.

I am interested in what other people use as well! I am always on the lookout for new sauces to try.

Have you tried the caramel in coffee or on ice cream? That sounds interesting to me.

The caramel WF? Yes I put it on AZ (yeah yeah, I like it so why not? ha). I have put it in coffee actually. Maybe not...I have definitely put the pancake syrup in coffee though. Forgot about that! I've been taking my coffee black lately because I'm cutting a bit hard and could use those 80 calories. Maybe I'll add some.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Speaking of My Protein; I can't live without their "0" calorie flavor drops. I put them in shakes and yogurt. Sometimes coffee. The toffee is amazing and goes with everything. I like the peanut butter but it's not quite as good...but good for peanut butter shakes if you don't want to add more calories with powdered PB or the real stuff.

The Chocolate Peanut Butter is amazing. Strawberry is also fantastic

Yeah I've had the chocolate peanut butter. I've been hesitant to try the strawberry because I tend not to like fruity things. I'll try though.

Its stronger than the others I feel, so just try a few drops in water first to get your proportion for your sweet tooth correct but its well worth it. I essentially put a variety of flavours, 1 per bottle, in my milk when I buy it and basically have that flavoured milk to go!

Good to know. I'll add it to my next order :)
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    It was so visually pleasing that I didn't pull them apart!
  • bbell1985
    Options
    I bought the rice shirataki for the first time. Trying to think of what I want to have with it tonight. I've been eating a hot dog salad every night for like 3 weeks straight.
  • leanitup123
    Options
    I bought the rice shirataki for the first time. Trying to think of what I want to have with it tonight. I've been eating a hot dog salad every night for like 3 weeks straight.

Braggs liquid aminos and grilled chicken...
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I like to dice summer squash and mushrooms to add with the shirataki, maybe broccoli too.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I need to get up on this shirataki noodle bandwagon! I wonder if they're good in salads, kinda like those cold asian noodle salads or seaweed salad type things? Anyone done this with shirataki noodles?
  • leanitup123
    Options
    sofchak wrote: »
    On the shritaki bandwagon here - dinner tonight:
    1 bag manns powerblend - 105 cal
    3 oz shrimp - 50 cal
    3/4 cup "miracle rice" - ~5 cal
    2 tbsp kraft reduced fat grated parm cheese (optional) - 60 cal
    Salt and lemon pepper with a few sprays of "I can't believe it's not butter" - negligible cal

Big plate of food for 220 cal :smile:

.xyemsskz6slx.jpg

Love broccoli slaw.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    @sofchak that's similar to what I was thinking for tonight! Was gonna do 2 bags shirataki rice, shrimp, red cabbage carrot, cucumber and soy sauce.

But um...3 oz of shrimp at 50 calories? I thought it was more than that...
  • leanitup123
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @sofchak that's similar to what I was thinking for tonight! Was gonna do 2 bags shirataki rice, shrimp, red cabbage carrot, cucumber and soy sauce.

But um...3 oz of shrimp at 50 calories? I thought it was more than that...

3 oz. cooked shrimp = ~90 calories