Goal Reached! 135 lbs down--please be encouraged if you have 100+ to lose!

Options

Replies

• davengloria1
    davengloria1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Thanks so.much for sharing.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Your legs are fabulous!
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiring post! Thank you for sharing your weight loss success.
  • Stormie956
    Stormie956 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Looking good!
  • hoffman2300
    hoffman2300 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    wow! totally inspirational. I'm also 50 and (re)starting my journey - thanks for telling your story!
  • gg2007
    gg2007 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! so inspiring!!!
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I needed this today! I'm 55 and about 80 pounds overweight. I have lost before but yo-yo'd and I just don't want to be "this" anymore. Thank you for.posting!
  • 2annabelle64
    2annabelle64 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look FABULOUS! Well done...lots of hard work and very inspirational. You look so young too! Beautiful! !
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you for my afternoon cup of inspiration!!! :-) Such a wonderful achievement, you look fantastic!!!
  • flowerhouse
    flowerhouse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, you look amazing, I turn 50 in a few weeks and have been a bit of a yoyo over past few years - nail on the head with lifestyle change rather than just counting calories - I lost all the weight two years ago (18kg)- stopped counting calories and put 2/3 back on - thanks for the motivation to keep on track
  • SandraNancy
    SandraNancy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Way to go, you look absolutely wonderful! And the smile says it all. :)
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    How incredibly inspirational. Congratulations on your hard work and dedication :)
  • Noreen2014
    Noreen2014 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us.... I am at a really low point right now and all my excess weight is not helping either physically or emotionally ... I know that there is light at the end but I feel so overwhelmed because of my weight I don't know where to start ....could I friend you? Thank you again and keep up what you are doing
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    And btw, I don't make a habit of hauling around my sheep (most of them are over 200 lbs)! But this was a special photo op because of a grand champion win. :smiley:

What breed of sheep? That's a lovely lamb. :)
  • HealthyAim
    HealthyAim Posts: 41 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Thanks so much everybody for the kind words. Probably my biggest (unspoken) goal, if I'm honest, for weight loss was to just feel normal again. To feel like a regular person. I know being overweight doesn't make me less of a person, but being 'different' in that way is always hanging there, every time I walk into a room and am the biggest person there. I NEVER anticipated what a psychological thing losing weight would be. But this MFP community, where like-minded strangers encourage you on, is just amazing.

Julie, This thing you said is amazing. I am 35 pounds gone, into my 100-plus weight loss goal and I notice how much better I feel with each pound. My striving for normal is not hurting with every step I take. My knees feel better with each pound that I take off. My shoulders feel better with each yoga class I do. I also have fallen in love with weight training due to some great trainers (I have tried and quit weight training so many times because I swore I "hated it" and now it's the part of my day/week I look forward to the most) I'm 49 and I really want to hit age 50 in a healthier place than hitting my 40s. Your story is so inspirational and your attitude about your journey is what I aspire to. I'm working on my forever lifestyle change as well :) Thank you for sharing your story!
  • sandit60
    sandit60 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Civenna500 wrote: »
    This is almost unbelievable! So impressed Madam! You look so full of life and joyful! Thank you for inspiring me!
    GREAT JOB!

• C130_RN
    C130_RN Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing! Congratulations on your lifestyle change!!!
  • JulieSHelms
    JulieSHelms Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    ljmorgi wrote: »
    What breed of sheep? That's a lovely lamb. :)
    Thanks! She is a Corriedale/Cormo cross. I breed for wool for the handspinning market.

HealthyAim wrote: »

Julie, This thing you said is amazing. I am 35 pounds gone, into my 100-plus weight loss goal and I notice how much better I feel with each pound. My striving for normal is not hurting with every step I take. My knees feel better with each pound that I take off. My shoulders feel better with each yoga class I do. I also have fallen in love with weight training due to some great trainers (I have tried and quit weight training so many times because I swore I "hated it" and now it's the part of my day/week I look forward to the most) I'm 49 and I really want to hit age 50 in a healthier place than hitting my 40s. Your story is so inspirational and your attitude about your journey is what I aspire to. I'm working on my forever lifestyle change as well :) Thank you for sharing your story!

Keep up the hard work--it is SO SO worth it!! I never anticipated enjoying working out, but when you find what you like it is just amazing. At 51 I'm in better shape than in any other time of my life. From your joints, to your muscles, to your heart--everything just works better. Pretty much middle age sucks physically because everything is slowly getting worse, but this almost feels like a reversal and I feel so much younger. Just wish I had done it a few years (decades) earlier!

• JulieSHelms
    JulieSHelms Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    In case anyone is interested, I just posted an update on another thread about my visit to a plastic surgeon and his thoughts on excess skin and knowing when to stop losing weight (even when the BMI chart is telling you something very different!)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10596442/what-the-plastic-surgeon-told-me-about-loose-skin
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!