Beautiful Behaviors - June 2017

Options

Replies

• happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile - Aw shux, yes, I put that pic up a little while ago. I am trying. Oo, chin ups, wow, you go! I only do assisted chin ups or pull ups, I've never truly tried without. You can do It!
    @nickiphillips1 - I end up sitting at home by myself a lot on the weekends but yet, I'm outgoing too. That's why I'm trying to get in some adventure this summer. Hopefully you can enjoy a little time with your son.
    @aleahurst - Please feel better soon. Get some fresh air and don't forget to breathe. <3
    @jessiquoi - You are Kicking Bootay!!! Girl, you are amazing! Keep it up
    @str8bowbabe - Hope you recover real soon. Listen to your body <-I have problems with this, I hate slowing down and resting. Good job on getting that water in!

Update: I did some stretching/yoga yesterday because I was so sore. This morning I got up early and did some HIIT cardio before work. -This is monumental because I am absolutely NOT a morning person. It actually felt good once I got up. I will hopefully be lifting tonight. I say hopefully because I'm going to visit my dad and he has been on a trip for about 3 weeks - so I'm sure he will talk my ear off! :D

Thought for the day: If you don't beleive in yourself no one will. ***True, even if we have to press "pause", know that you will and can get back at it. A lot of us have injuries or illnesses (or me with my exhaustion) but we will not give up. Beleive that you can inch back up there. No matter how slow, just keep progressing. Beleive!

• aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Well. Today I got out of bed for a while. I had coffee for the first time in three days. Im not sick from it yet! Yay! I ordered a new weed eater and it arrived. I just hope I can have the energy to use it.

Watching my water closely has become a good idea. I'm not calling it a habit yet.

@str8bowbabe - Look at you keeping up with water intake! Woooo! It helps everything.

@jessiquoi - You are doing so well! Sometimes, things just have to click. It's true, and you found it!

@happysherri - YES! Keep going! When you need rest, your body and mind will demand it. Until then, I believe in you too!

Love to all.

Lea
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Hi beautiful people. I enjoy reading this thread very much. I'm inspired by your water challenge jessi and by your delicious recipe aleahurst. I need to check in here more. My beautiful behavior for the day is practicing gratitude for my blessings. The woods where it was shady for a jog today... for my work which allowed me the flexibility to get my workout in before everything else... etc. Have a great day everyone!
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

I am so far off my mark on exercise and food since I hurt my back. I cant really do much so exercise is out other than light stretching which I was allowed to start today. The meds I am on make me extremely hungry and very moody. So...if I don't eat I am not a nice person. UGH!!!! I do not like this. I do not like at all!!!!!

I am still drinking lots of water but meds make me retain it so...well at least I know that.

I do feel a little better but my feet are now starting to go numb and tingle. Not a good sign so might be calling the doc again tomorrow for some insight on what to do.

Keep posting - reading all the beautiful behaviors is what is saving me right now.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone~

These past couple days I have been letting myself bank calories for the next day. I still don't trust my body to not gain weight when i eat those 'bonus' calories at breakfast though. I found myself still logging my freebies yesterday. It doesn't make sense that our bodies would automatically reset to zero at midnight and if I don't use the calories 'boo hoo you lose'. So i'm gonna keep practicing it. I often get full before I hit my calorie goal because I don't eat a lot during the day since I work food service; so I want to make sure I eat adequately and meet my goal without stuffing myself at night. I'm full for tonight so I'm saving 150 calories to have a chocolate coconut water tommorow! I'm going to practice this beautiful behaviour as a special focus this week. I need to properly fuel my body.
    I've also been dealing with some feelings over an ex-boyfriend this week. My sister is telling me to not talk to him and not date him again but I keep talking to him this week. . . He was very nice but just super shy. That got a little old. But i also want to be understanding of how he feels and that anxiety and shyness can't always be changed that quickly.

Hope all have a lovely thursday tommorow!
  • aleahurst
    Options
    @finngirl61 - so glad to have you here among us! You are right, we each have a unique gift! We each have a unique need. We each have a unique body type. We are so varied with a common goal of wanting to maintain some "beauty" in each and every day.

@str8bowbabe - girl, hang in there. It helps to visualize (imagine) the cells of your body healing, one by one. Imagine that with every inhale, little bitty clean up stars are inhaled, then hold while they work, finally blow out and release all that icky bacteria, fungus, sepsis, or whatever they found to yank out of your cells. I'm sending prayers for your health. Sometimes God works through doctors. I will ask God to give the doctor wisdom.

Today, I will try to get outside barefoot before the rains of ts Cindy begin. I'm feeling a bit better.

Love to all.

Lea
  • str8bowbabe
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! Looks like everyone is doing great.

@aleahurst thanks for the prayers and kind words. I believe they are working. I'm up walking around and don't feel very sore or much pain. Going to try to get a short walk in today at lunch and see where we go from there.

I have been eating like crap because I didn't feel good. You know comfort food or something quick and easy because I couldn't get up and fix a good meal so up 2.5 pounds. Part of that I am sure is water weight from the steroids. Either way, going to get back on track. Setting a goal of 165 by the end of July.

Beautiful behavior today - getting at least a short walk in, get some stretching in, eat healthier one meal at a time,

Already know my beautiful behavior for next week - add back my HITT training 2x weekly, adding core training 1x weekly and get back to pickleball and softball next week.

And I just want to say thank you to all you ladies in this thread. I love reading all your posts. It gives me ideas, it gives me hope, it gives me courage to do this.
  • aleahurst
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @katadx - I sure do agree with what you are doing with your calorie counting. Life doesn't come with three distinct meals a day that begin and end at specific hours! That's insight!

@jessiquoi - the water challenge was a much needed plan! Thank you!

@wellnesschaser - I love love love the behavior of practicing gratitude. That's one thing that helps us see the silver lining on dark gloomy days. It is such an easy and practical and necessary thing to do! Thank you for that reminder to do it! It's the good ideas such as yours that keep me reading posts!

@woznube7 - Girl are you lurking here? Hi!!!

@happysherri - I'm anxious to hear if you energy level has improved.

Today, I went outside barefoot to do a little yard work and it felt fantastic! The rains from the storm hitting the gulf coast will drift here any minute now. I can see waves of clouds coming this way.

Love to all.

Lea
  • jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    hi, everyone! I hope you're having a productive and peaceful and BEAUTIFUL day!

I'm hobbling around due to a knee problem since the weekend, so I didn't go to the gym at all this week. I barely made it into the office (I worked from home all except one day). but, I'm eating well and drinking my water, and loving myself through this non-exercise time.

tomorrow I'm driving to NJ to visit my daughter and go to the dentist. i'll be spending the night, and focusing on not ordering crap when it's dinner time. we will probably have Japanese or Thai food, so there'll be lots of healthy choices.

I hope to get to the gym on sunday, if my knee is up to it. fingers crossed!

have a lovely afternoon,
    jess
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Lea, very pleased to hear you got outside. It's pouring rain here and supposed to last for the next four days. But I did spend some time outside yesterday. The raccoon that lives in our yard is so used to me that she brought her two babies out! They trundled through the yard, up a tree, over the fence, and disappeared. I felt like Snow White sitting outside with all the wild creatures coming over to visit.

My lupus has been acting up - heart keeps throwing pvcs, which is usually a sign of cardiovascular inflammation from the lupus. But I chugged on ahead and worked out anyway. I'm hoping I won't get sidelined by illness, it's so frustrating when that happens. Reading about everyone else's struggles to keep healthy enough to work out makes me feel less alone.

I've been reading about every one else logging water - water is not a problem for me! Even before becoming diabetic (which increases thirst) I have always chugged water like it was going out of style. Neither my husband nor my mother will drink plain water on a bet, which has always seemed so odd to me. There's a restaurant we go to frequently which just brings me my own pitcher since it saves effort for the server.

Practicing gratitude today: I'm grateful for my husband, who enjoys taking care of me in many small, kind ways, such as helping swap out weights when I work out, and making me coffee. The other day he used a cookie cutter to sprinkle cinnamon on my latte in a heart shape. Really!
  • happysherri
    Options
    @aleahurst - Glad you got outside to enjoy nature. This is soemthing I need to do more of - I'm so used to being indoors and the controlled temps. My energy is up a little bit from those couple of weeks that it dipped. But still can't wait until my docs appt next month. Are you getting plenty of water ;)
    @wellnesschaser - I used to jog a lot on "my trail" - I called it my trail lol. It winded through the woods and around ponds. So peaceful, however I was playing competitive volleyball and switched to jump training. I probably should get back at jogging my trail at least once a week. Glad to hear from you.
    @str8bowbabe - So glad you are looking forward to a plan and not just giving up. You are a warrior! I do hope you feel better soon.
    @katadx - Yep, I have heard of banking calories and this working for people. I kinda do this because I eat pretty healthy and under calorie goal and then usually have a splurge meal or 2 on the weekend. Yea, boyfreinds are complicated lol I still have issues with my bf and try to discuss concerns - kinda like a business meeting and proposal LOL Good luck (boys are gross ***in a kid voice) :D

Update: I Did Not Get Up This Morning to do my HIIT!!! I felt a little defeated but then I quickly reminded myself that I can do it tomorrow morning. And I still average 5-6 times a week with my workouts. I did take last night off from the gym because my muscles were sore. Tonight is an off night because I am meeting my son for dinner. I am eating within calories and have been eating a lot more raw vegetables this week.

Thought for the day: "Burpees, oh yea no - I thought you said Slurpees!" ***Have fun! We all know that if we enjoy something we will want to do it more often. Find an activity you enjoy and make that your 'thing'. You don't have to be the best at it, just have to enjoy it. Balance is also important so feed your soul - writing, reading, watching tv, listening to music, playing music, gardening, dinner dates, crocheting, drawing, painting, sitting outside in the fresh air, etc...

• str8bowbabe
    Options
    Hello lovey ladies,

Happy Friday! Hope everyone is doing well!

@aleahurst - glad you got to run your toes through the grass before the rains hit. Rain hit here yesterday but we really needed some so I am not complaining and maybe it will rain out my softball game tonight.

@happysherri - thanks for all the of encouragement. They really help.

Well I have a half day today. Think I am going to try to catch up on some of the house work that didn't get done for the last week while I was laid up. Then, hoping to get to have a good dinner with the hubby. And who knows what the weekend will bring?

Goal for today - stay within my calories!!!! The meds I was one made me soooooo hungry! So glad this morning was the last of those. Hoping that all calms down now. LOL Wish me luck!

Everyone have a great day!
  • happysherri
    Options
    Update: I had a good time with my son and tracked my daughter down at her job because she didn't text me back. I got a hug, Yay. I have not been logging my food like I should but have been eating a lot more veggies. My exercsie has seem less in the past couple of weeks. Work is busy and some changes are going on, which seem okay right now. It's raining cats and dogs today, making me feel sleepy. May go somewhere with my sisters tomorrow, but other than that I do not have big plans for the weekend. Life seems fairly boring in my world right now lol :/ However, I can be spontaneous, so we will see.

Plan and conquer - Log my food more strictly. Get more days of exercise in (with my exhaustion earlier in the month - I only averaged about 2 days a week so far this month). Keep up the good job on my veggies and fruits. Keep up the great job on my water intake. Stay positive and be grateful every day.

Thought for the day: Failure is a bruise not a tattoo. ***Lately I have not been at 100%. With my exhaustion and frustration from not being able to work out as much as I want to. Giving in a little to quick eats when I am tired, and more. This was just a small set back, I will not give up. I have already moved on and am taking steps to move forward positively. Failure or "set backs" are not permanent unless we let them be. I am planning my victory B)

Celebrate your Friday!
  • Sp1tfire
    Options
    @happysherri It's reassuring to know of others that are banking calories! And yeah men are confusing. I've been talking to my ex still this week. I even find myself caring if he texts/doesn't text back. UGH. I think I'm just letting a little loneliness dictate my decisions.

@str8bowbabe I hope the hunger gets better! Morning hunger can be especially rough for some people. I could eat 500 calories for breakfast easy, but I go over every day if I do that so I stick to 300.

Well my grandfather had a stroke on wednesday so I have been in and out of the hospital visiting him. Thankful that he is doing well and is making a lot of progress. He should be back home soon! Luckily a lot of family happened to be in town when it happened (all the way washington and AZ!) so we have a good support train here. My family very much enjoys food when we are together, so I have been navigating a lot of that this week. Wednesday night was easy. Bless my aunt she made chicken, veggies, and tater tots which was easy to gauge and very yummy! Thursday my dad made mashed potatoes (which I can't control myself with) corn and pork. I also had ice cream that night. I think I was okay on calories that day. Today was the hard one. I went out for lunch with a portion of my family. My dad and I split a meal which made me feel better but it was still a caloric mystery. For dinner there was all my vices: Cheese curds, kettle cooked chips, and baked beans. I also lost track of how many tater tots I ate. And had ice cream. I know one night is okay and I'll realistically probably not gain weight from it and even if I did its not a problem, but I still feel horrible about it. My beautiful behavior of allowing myself to bank calories has helped a little bit, but I really need to forgive myself and even let myself enjoy food and family. Thats my new beautiful behavior! On a personal note, I want to also practice beautiful behavior by remembering to pray about these concerns. It always helps clear my mind!

Happy Friday and a super Saturday to everyone!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was one of those ugh I cannot possibly do this days - so I took a nap and then blasted my arms workout anyway! And was rewarded with a lovely resting blood glucose of 89. I feel so far from my goals when I work out sometimes - I am stuck on 10 lb dumbbells, the next step up is 20 and I just can't, I need to either join a gym or get some 15 lb ones. I have to keep reminding myself of how far I've come. A couple of months ago I couldn't do a dead arm hang, and now I can do ten leg lifts while hanging.

@katadx - sending thoughts and prayers for your grandfather.
  • Sp1tfire
    Options
    @rheddmobile thanks so much! Sounds like you had amazing motivation to power through that arms workout!!
  • str8bowbabe
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

@katadx - I am working on the hunger. Trying to push more water to help fend off the hunger. I hope your grandfather gets better soon. Don't beat yourself up too much on the food. We all slip. Just take it one meal, one bite, one choice at a time.

@aleahurst - Hows the oxygen going and hows the water? Did you get a chance to put your toes in the grass this weekend?

@happysherri - I hope you get some answers from the doc.

@aimjolie - I have done the same thing. I lost almost 25 lbs and well gained at least 10 back. The important thing is to keep trying. Nothing worth having comes easy right?

I am feeling better so able to get up and move. I actually felt great Friday and Saturday which could have led to overdoing it. I took a step yesterday and felt that all too familiar surge of pain up my back so I rested for the most part yesterday. My back is sore today but does not really hurt. I am debating calling the doctor. They said if it was not better by mid last week to call so they can possibly do some scans. Debating going just to put my mind at ease. I will see how today goes.

Well ladies, have a great day! Ill be lurking in the background.
  • str8bowbabe
    Options
    Well day 2 of meal prepping...saved a lot of calories yesterday by meal prepping and well saved some cash too!
  • jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    hi, everyone! I did something to my knee over a week ago, and it's slowly getting better but it's kept me from walking or going to the gym. :( if it's not better by Friday, i'll have it checked out.

food is still a challenge, but it's easier when I have a stocked frig like I do this week. it's full of high protein snacks and foods.

work is busy, so no time to hang out and read everything. i'll catch up tomorrow when I'm working from home.

have a great day,
    jess