Options
123457»

Replies

• sandiikat
    sandiikat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    xxdashax wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I've been battling with depression for quite a while now. It's sad because every time I'm sad I eat and then it makes it even worse because then it makes me hate myself for overeating. This week has been especially hard.

I'm definitely going to go on a walk tomorrow to clear my mind and focus on healthy foods to nourish myself.

I feel when I keep myself busy it isn't as bad. Anyone have any suggestions about things to keep busy with? Sometimes I feel like there's nothing for me to do.

I always try to meditate or do some yoga. Have you tried either? This will definitely help with any depression you may experience throughout the day. Walks help too but try meditation or yoga. It always helps me!
  • sandiikat
    Options
    Hi My name is Jamie A. Croyle

I having been suffering from depression since 7th grade thru H.S. I've been on every " Happy Pill " from A-Z I walk all week to music on mp3. I like to listen to music with a beat it help me walk fast... walk/run thing. I've been doing WW for 8 straight years. I've managed to lose 42#lbs. With only another 25--- 30 lbs to go. I have added cardio to my routine.

Wow Jamie congrats! This is really good to hear!
  • sandiikat
    Options
    Memerex5 wrote: »
    I'm back. Been battling those PTSD demons. Depression and anxiety are at an all time high. Thus I gained 5 of the 11 pounds I lost. Trying to get back to feeling "normal". Seeing the psych today, hopefully he can help.

How did your psych appt go? Hope all is well
  • sandiikat
    Options
    Hey guys! Feel free to add me. Ive been reading through the thread and such great insight and stories!

You guys literally are my role models. As sad as this kinda sounds, it's nice to know you're not alone. It feels more comforting to know there's other people like me.

Hope all of you guys have been having happy days and I also hope we're all keeping up with our fitness goals. Remember, you'll feel so much better after that workout session. It's a great distraction from our mind!

XO Sandy
  • X100KLS1992
    X100KLS1992 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm currently the same as you. It's really difficult. I will give you an add and a message x
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    sandiikat wrote: »
    Hey guys! Feel free to add me. Ive been reading through the thread and such great insight and stories!

You guys literally are my role models. As sad as this kinda sounds, it's nice to know you're not alone. It feels more comforting to know there's other people like me.

Hope all of you guys have been having happy days and I also hope we're all keeping up with our fitness goals. Remember, you'll feel so much better after that workout session. It's a great distraction from our mind!

XO Sandy

It's so true. There is nothing wrong with having depression. It's just a lifelong challenge and very isolating. I even feel isolated within my family.

But here in this thread are a bunch of strong and health minded people making it through. I admire you @sandiikat and everyone here too.

I'm going to force a workout now...
  • Memerex5
    Memerex5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    @sandiikat I didn't make it. Nor did I go to counseling today. I'm physically just not up to driving. However, I did reschedule for next week. I'm struggling emotionally but safe and I know it's always going to be a day to day thing. Thank you for checking up on me.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
  • bellabella1983
    bellabella1983 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • Bloodbeerandiron1
    Bloodbeerandiron1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey to support
  • SFBoomr
    SFBoomr Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I found this thread. I live with diagnosed Bipolar 1, generalized anxiety disorder, and PTSD. I also have Lupus and have beaten fibromyalgia in the past. Just getting outdoors can be a struggle but once I'm out there I'm usually fine. I'm finishing one week on MFP and have done one long walk and some indoor exercising. I'm trying to lose the weight (and a little extra) that I gained after two accidents a couple of years ago and rebuild after some muscle wasting. Also, like so many people living with Lupus I'm deconditioned. So I need to work in some cardio. I've already lost 20 of of the 32 lbs. it took a year. With MFP I believe the rest will come off IF I can keep depression and anxiety under control.

• lzbthcwik182
    lzbthcwik182 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    On a bad day or week or month I go back to my three things. It might be getting up, taking a shower and getting dressed. As the depression lifts, those things become a " of course" and my three things might upgrade to a healthy breakfast, a walk, or a small project
  • Memerex5
    Memerex5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Been an extremely tough week for me. Lots of emotional baggage. I wish I could get things out of my head. I haven't been logging at all and I've been eating whatever I want without consideration for the altering effects it will cause. The weather here in the Florida panhandle is terrible so I'm in a lot of physical pain. As for exercise, that's a no. I'm bedridden with spinal arthritis. Try to keep those spirits up everyone. I know I am. Sorta.
  • nickiphillips1
    nickiphillips1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    @Memerex5 - I am proud of you for recognizing and admitting you need to live your life day to day. I have done that when I was so sick with depression and MS. I also remember when SAD (seasonal affect disorder) hit me and then menopause. Have you gotten a light to help? I still fall into times where I struggle day to day. I also did acupuncture for my MS. Some insurances cover that as well. Of course, I cried the entire time I was getting acupuncture, but it did help.

Last week I traveled for work and didn't swim (swim 6 days a week) and I struggled with having to talk to people all day long. I also didn't get my 9+ hours of sleep each night. Oh, and I didn't get my daily smoothies and normal diet. I did my best.

I am back to swimming every day and eating my normal diet, sleeping 9 hours each night and working from home each day by myself. I don't have to be on every moment of the day and feel like an outcast with people at work.

Next week I am going to Louisiana with my oldest son to visit his college. At least I can be alone a bit and I have plans to swim a few of the days by myself.

• nickiphillips1
    nickiphillips1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this will help anyone or not, but when my depression hit full force, I asked my therapist if I could get into an outpatient treatment facility. It was a 3 week program. I was crying all the time and couldn't stop. It helped me deal with some of the terrible things I was dealing with and get my meds adjusted. It also gave me some ways to adjust how I respond to things.

I don't know if Fibromyalgia or Lupus have this, but MS has a great support system. I got a DVD for Yoga for MS. It allows you to do modified yoga.

There were also support groups that I joined in town for MS. I found them through the National MS Society.