Is my marriage depressing me or is my depression ruining my marriage?

Options
Nicoleybh77
Nicoleybh77 Posts: 10 Member
Seriously. We've been together 13 years. Have a beautiful daughter together. He loves me so much. But I'm so so unhappy. What's wrong with me??

Replies

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    How would we know? You should see a counselor.

Yes. See a counselor.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Seriously. We've been together 13 years. Have a beautiful daughter together. He loves me so much. But I'm so so unhappy. What's wrong with me??

Wow lady, this is the wrong place to ask for advice like that.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options

Are you wanting us to make a list?
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Again as mentioned see a professional. Had a friend of mine who was married for 10 years and 2 kids. Finally admitted he was unhappy because he was really attracted to men after seeing a therapist. Now is happy living with another man.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Therapists make you gay:-)

Line of the year, right there.
  • sequimtrim
    sequimtrim Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    From the clue you gave, it appears he loves you. So you're wondering if you don't love him or is it self-sabotage. There are no easy Internet answers from your fitness friends.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor about depression.
    Get treatment for depression.
    https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/depression/index.shtml
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you should talk with your husband first and foremost. I know everyone is saying talk to a professional for help but I'd start out talking to him first. He is your husband and you said he loves you so much. He should know how you feel.
  • crushingitdaily12345
    crushingitdaily12345 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

I think you need some time to think about what you really want in life. Maybe you just don't love him like you used to. Maybe you need more of something. Or maybe you aren't happy with yourself, and he is the scapegoat? I have suffered a lot of these same things in my marriage.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Buy a new vibrator. Cheaper than therapy...
  • crushingitdaily12345
    crushingitdaily12345 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Buy a new vibrator. Cheaper than therapy...

lol, a lot of truth to that... haha
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    13 yrs is a long time and people can grow apart and change a lot within that time frame. Perhaps it's time to reassess things? Have a nice chat over some wine (or whatever) and really discuss your feelings? It may also be time to try some marriage counseling.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Talk to someone with an office and a nameplate with an alphabet soup of letters after their name. We of the world wide internet can tell you about someone we heard about on tv, but you deserve more focused and more accountable diagnosis than we can offer.
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    Lower your expectations