53 lb loss and still going with NKOTB pics!

Options
mymelody_78
mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
53 lb loss through some of my NKOTB Pics! (12 lbs to HEALTHY BMI! and 18 till goal)
I apologize in advance for this being lengthy but you can always skip to the pictures. LOL
I was always curvy but in high school I was skinny with T & A. In college, I fell into the eating in the middle of the night and whatever I wanted because I had a boyfriend and he loved me no matter what weight I was. After we broke up years later, I became an emotional eater, feeding my soul to keep me happy! I no longer needed to walk across campus or exercise and continued to little but little gain more weight. I would try fad diet after fad diet, expensive exercise programs and probably lose 10 lbs here and there but they always came back and then some.
Fast forward to May 2010 – This is me with Jonathan Knight from NKOTB. I thought I looked good and so did my boobs. LOL – Weight is unknown but probably hovering around 195:
AprilJonathanKnight5-23-10.jpg
At a wedding around Memorial Day 2010:
IMG_0957.jpg
Another wedding in June 2010:
426-1.jpg
I found myself at this weight and my clothes getting tighter again and thinking about losing weight again. I will go to the gym. I will make better decisions on fast food because the calories are posted. Just eat less than 2000 calories a day, right? Few pounds came off but they came back again. My scale ran out of batteries so I just didn’t weigh myself anymore. I was scared to see what I weighed.
Fast forward again to a check up at the doctor’s office – Mid August 2010:
The nurse weighed me and I didn’t want to know the number but when I saw the numbers 201 out of the corner of my eyes, I knew right then that I was OUT OF CONTROL! I have so many guy friends that are over 6 feet tall and not skinny guys that weigh less than me! I have to do something!
After emotionally eating and binging that night, I set out to ask some friends that had lost a ton of weight in the last 6 months, what did you do. I heard a lot of ‘It is 85% diet”. I never wanted to deprive myself of things I loved to eat but I needed to get myself under control. My co-worker mentioned Sparkpeople.com to me. We were both on there for about a week and then it got blocked at work. I was searching my Android Apps and online for another site and stumbled on myfitnesspal.com. This was a change in my life.
I got a trainer to jump start my working out and I started to know what I eat and portion control and how to not cut out things I like. I made better choices and a change I my life! I LOVE MFP and all my friends here. Without you guys, I could not have made it this far! I have 12 lbs to go to get to Healthy BMI and 18 lbs till goal!
TOTAL results from 8/21/10 – 7/28/11 (11 months being on MFP but took a 2 month break when my father passed away in February 2011)
Weight : -53 lbs
BMI: from 36.8 to 27.1!!!
Chest: -4.5 inches
Waist: - 5 inches
Hips: - 8.5 inches!!!!
Quad: -3 inches
Calf: -3 inches
Bicep: -2 inches!!
Things that keep me going when I am having a hard time:
• MFP Success stories!!! They are so inspirational!
• MFP Friends!
• I have done so much and have succeeded in my mind already! 50 lbs is A LOT! I can make it to my goal no matter how long it takes!
• When I mess up, it is only 1 day. Do better tomorrow. Don’t beat yourself up.
• When I do go over calories, I remind myself that just a year ago, I would have eaten WAY MORE. I just won’t lose as much weight this week.
Here I am with Donnie Wahlberg from NKOTB at a 33 lb loss – 1/1/11
AprilDonnie1-1-11.jpg
Here I am at a 37 lbs loss – 3/8/11
Apriloffice3-3-11.jpg
Here am I with Donnie at the NKOTB Cruise at a 45 lb loss – 5/16/11
AprilDonnie5-16-11.jpg
Here I am on 7/25/11 at 148 lbs (53 lbs loss).
With Donnie again ;)
036cropped.jpg
With Jordan Knight:
034cropped.jpg
With both:
_MG_2814.jpg
Why did Donnie have to talk during this?
_MG_2813.jpg

At my office:
IMAG1246.jpg
Side View:
IMAG1247.jpg

Replies

• laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Words cannot express how proud of you I am! You rock and you are gorgeous! You are one of my biggest motivators and inspirations!

Dani :heart:
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    you are looking great my friend! Breaking NKOTB hearts!
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You look incredible.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Also, you really like NKOTB.
  • mymelody_78
    Options
    Words cannot express how proud of you I am! You rock and you are gorgeous! You are one of my biggest motivators and inspirations!

Dani :heart:

YOU ARE MY INSPIRATION & MOTIVATION! I don't know how I would have gotten this far without you!
  • Gabby215
    Gabby215 Posts: 69
    Options
    First of all, you look great and I bet you feel great too. What an accomplishment, you should feel so proud!!!!!

Second, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these pics! NKOTB will be in my heart always (Jordan was always my fav!). When I was 12 my friend won a radio contest to go see them live in NY and meet them backstage (we lived in Philly) and she chose me as her guest! Unfortunately only she was aloud backstage to meet them :( Still a highlight of my childhood, though!
  • mymelody_78
    Options
    you are looking great my friend! Breaking NKOTB hearts!

Thanks ;) You are one of my inspirations too!!! Congrats on the 80!
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congrats!!! :drinker:
    This is a very inspirational post and definitely something I will be keeping in mind when I need the extra boost to remind myself that I CAN do it! :happy:
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    You are so fantastic, and an inspiration! <3 Way to go!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! WTG!!!
  • TanyaED
    TanyaED Posts: 11
    Options
    OMG you honestly look fabulous! Congrats on the immense weight loss, it just goes to show that if you put a lot of hard work into something, you can achieve anything :D and I'm loving all the NKOTB pics ;)
  • shellgoff
    shellgoff Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You really do look amazign! Good job!!!
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Wow what an awesome transformation. Very inspiring...BTW--- are u friends with NKOTB or something??
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Dp
  • DK30096
    DK30096 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!! What an inspiration!!!!! I really hope I can do that!!!!
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats on your success thus far!

Ok, how do I find a rock band to help me log my progress in pictures?! I aldo grew up in lurve with NKOTB!
  • EmelyJ
    EmelyJ Posts: 208
    Options
    OMG I am sooooo jealous. Not only for your weight loss accomplishment but for those FABULOUS PICTURES!!!
  • mymelody_78
    Options
    Wow what an awesome transformation. Very inspiring...BTW--- are u friends with NKOTB or something??

LOL. I follow them on Twitter and I know where they will be sometimes. I have met Donnie multiple times because he really likes to be around for fans and films Blue Bloods in NYC. Sometimes you can get a pic with him in between him filming on set.

I spent a lot of money on Meet & Greets and cruise - slowing down on going out and drinking to lose weight has let me spend money on these things. I wish I was friends with them!
  • mymelody_78
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats on your success thus far!

Ok, how do I find a rock band to help me log my progress in pictures?! I aldo grew up in lurve with NKOTB!

Thanks! Move to NYC ;) Find Donnie on the set of Blue Bloods! He loves meeting fans!
  • ChristinaMarie85
    ChristinaMarie85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! And u ROCK those heels!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!