Name ONE superfood that helped your diet

Replies

• everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Yves veggie dogs (45 calories, 8 g protein, 15% of my iron RDA).

Where do you get these from? I need these in my life.
  • genghis54
    genghis54 Posts: 123 Member
    avocadoes
  • Loulibelle
    Loulibelle Posts: 10 Member
    Not really 'superfoods' but discovering that more protein and less carbs keeps me fuller for longer. And dusting off my 2 year old spiraliser and discovering courgetti. I also spiralise carrot and cucumber and I love it! So those are my discoveries and would say they are super goods for me.
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Chocolate.
    It's food. It's super.

My sentiments exactly. I have a cube every day and it keeps the cravings away.
  • stormcrow2
    stormcrow2 Posts: 33 Member
    Bacon

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    I eat duck eggs pretty often, but I don't find them more or less super than chicken eggs. Macros are slightly different and the duck eggs are usually bigger, of course. Anyway, I agree with your love of eggs.
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    I don't know about superfoods - but 2 foods that have been a lifesaver for me - baked sweet potato and Greek yogurt. Both of these are so decadent that I feel like I'm eating fattening dessert. So satisfying. So its a superfood to me (whatever that means). its super delicious!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited June 2017
    I don't buy into the concept of super foods per se, but the one food that I eat daily and find filling and enjoyable is cottage cheese. I just love it so much.

I also have to add beans, quinoa, brown rice, and popcorn to the list of essentials for me.
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Since there are no superfoods, maybe I don't have to force myself to eat kale which is alien food to me.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Wtn_Gurl wrote: »
    Since there are no superfoods, maybe I don't have to force myself to eat kale which is alien food to me.

Pro tip: don't eat it raw. I got a pre-made salad at work with kale in it thinking "hey, I like kale!" Yo, that was the worst salad I've ever had. Didn't taste good, and it takes SOOOOOO LOOOOONG to chew. I didn't have time to walk on my break. Bad time all around.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member

Pro tip: don't eat it raw. I got a pre-made salad at work with kale in it thinking "hey, I like kale!" Yo, that was the worst salad I've ever had. Didn't taste good, and it takes SOOOOOO LOOOOONG to chew. I didn't have time to walk on my break. Bad time all around.

Ooooh...but the Costco Sweet Kale Salad is so good! Maybe because it's not ALL kale, and it's chopped up into smaller pieces. Plus it contains "7 Superfoods!" according to the packaging...ha.
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    Green tea isn't why I successfully lose when I lose.

But it kind of is, because of my behavior pattern around it.

Instead of getting up from my desk when I get bored to go get a bag of snacks or a sweetened coffee or a little piece of candy, I get up from my desk to get a lightly caffeinated, 0 calorie beverage whose taste I enjoy without any additions. I replaced the habit of snacking when bored with drinking a little bit of caffeine while bored. It works for me.

It also has antioxidants, fingers crossed on that actually meaning anything, but I mostly like its taste, and its moderate levels of caffeine that allow me to get up and down from my computer several times a day and encourages me to stay hydrated (tea doesn't dehydrate you, that's a myth.)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

The only time I can eat raw kale is when I massage it with an acid (usually apple cider vinegar), some salt, and a bit of olive oil and give it a couple of hours to break down a bit. It's too tough for me otherwise.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited June 2017
    Define "superfood".....

I think Halo Top was a pretty super find and it replaced my Ben & Jerry's (for the most part ;) ). So, yes, Halo Top has helped me cut back on ice cream calories.

But, every once in a while some Ben & Jerry's runs away from it's icy home at the grocery store and hitches a ride in my cart.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Also curious to know what a superfood actually is.
  • bettycooker
    bettycooker Posts: 29 Member
    Greek yogurt, feels like dessert! Omelets, full of veggies, are a staple in my weightloss journey!
  • Amy_QueenInTraining
    Amy_QueenInTraining Posts: 16 Member
    My local coffee shop makes a protein shake that includes coffee