The Starbucks holy grail?

mybigfat
mybigfat Posts: 162 Member
I am on a quest to find the best skinny drink starbucks has to offer! So far the ones i have tried have been ok at best but somewhere out there has to be the perfect drink! What is your favorite orders? I am trying to stay under 100 cals for a grande

Replies

• Dianasal081
    Dianasal081 Posts: 4 Member
    I usually go for a skinny vanilla latte
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Iced venti americano + Sweet n Low (or raw sugar if I want more carbs.)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Have you tried their nitro coffee? It's black, but the bubbles give it a creamy fizz. 0 cals
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Grande unsweetened passion tango tea with coconut milk and two stevia. Tastes like unicorn milk if thats a thing lol
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,959 Member
    mybigfat wrote: »
    i hate black coffee im more of a cream with a side of coffee kinda gal haha

You can get a grande vanilla sweet cream cold brew for 110 calories. I don't like sweet coffee, but there must be very little if any used in the sweet cream because it tastes fine to me.

A grande cold brew with (2%) milk (a "splash" added by the barista) is only 35 calories, or you could ask them to use whole milk for 40 calories if you want it "creamier" (or a nondairy milk for fewer calories).

An iced grande nonfat unsweetened latte is only 90 calories.

And of course you can get one of their sugar-free syrups in any of those. I can't vouch for them, since, as I said, I don't like sweet coffee, ever artificially sweetened. (Coffee is meant to be bitter, but I realize not everyone agrees.)
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    A misto with almond milk is about 60 and then add sugar.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    IMO, Starbucks over-roasts their coffee. There is nothing there that I think is worth the price.

A Cafe Americana with 2 servings of half and half should be about 84 calories though.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Grande unsweetened passion tango tea with coconut milk and two stevia. Tastes like unicorn milk if thats a thing lol

Thanks! I gave up coffee and don't like drinks too sweet, so I usually just get iced tea. I'll totally try this next time I want a treat.

The stevia makes it very sweet, so maybe order and try it without first, and then add one or two after tasting it
  • YogaBookLady37
    YogaBookLady37 Posts: 34 Member
    Venti iced coffee with an extra shot. 3 pumps sugar free vanilla syrup and almond milk.
  • mybigfat
    Yoga ill give it a try my mom sendz me gift cards for starbucks every few weeks its always been our thing
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Have you tried their nitro coffee? It's black, but the bubbles give it a creamy fizz. 0 cals

I so want to try this, the only location in my area that has it is 40 minutes from my house :(

I've learned to love black coffee, usually get an iced Americano when I go to sbux but most often just make it at home. I used to always have it sweetened with cream but I don't like drinking calories anymore.
  • mybigfat
    Maybe i just need to get use to it black or swap to tea
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited June 2017
    Cold brew, black, is basically the only thing I like at Starbucks. I am not wild about their coffee hot, but I drink all coffee black, prefer it that way.

I think its pretty easy to fit in coffee with milk, though, if you like it better that way. (I hate sweetened coffee, so can't recommend that, but even so a tsp of sugar is like 15 calories.)
  • shannylove9
    shannylove9 Posts: 24 Member
    Venti iced coffee with an extra shot. 3 pumps sugar free vanilla syrup and almond milk.

yesss!! This is what I drink all the time. Low carb, delicious. The one by me used to have sugar free caramel syrup but it's gone now. Their sugar free vanilla is good, so is the mocha if you like chocolate. And almond milk is good too-low calorie and some extra protein.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member

yesss!! This is what I drink all the time. Low carb, delicious. The one by me used to have sugar free caramel syrup but it's gone now. Their sugar free vanilla is good, so is the mocha if you like chocolate. And almond milk is good too-low calorie and some extra protein.

Almond milk is not a bad choice if you like it -- it's basically flavored water, so very low cal, low carb so long as you don't get the sugar added kind, but it's really not any kind of protein source.