No Sugar Coke (the Coke Zero replacement...)

13

Replies

  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    mybigfat wrote: »
    There is thid one diet cream soda i adore its got no aspertine (however you spell it) in it which i love

    I usually like cream sodas, Do you remember the brand name?

    I love Dr. Brown's diet cream soda, but can never find it. There's a Zevia one (maybe the one meant, as they all have stevia as the sweetener), but I don't like it nearly as much.

    bbell, is the diet chocolate fudge one Canfield's? That was really popular a million years ago when I was in high school and I loved it then and am scared but curious to try it again.

    I'm not sure. There was a big bear on it.

    Polar makes one, the company that makes the seltzer water. It is really good, one of the best diet cream sodas, I never checked to see what sweetener is uses.
  • lgomez85
    lgomez85 Posts: 5 Member
    I usually get Zevia root beer or Zevua cream soda when I crave comes.. they taste Amazing.. <3
  • jen_092
    jen_092 Posts: 254 Member
    I'm Diet Coke all the way. I only go for Coke Zero when I'm trying to cut back a bit on caffeine and the caffeine free Diet Coke isn't available. Coke Zero has just slightly less caffeine. My work only has Pepsi products so I've grown to accept Diet Cherry Pepsi.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,536 Member
    On Wednesday, Coca-Cola announced that it would stop selling Coke Zero in the US in August, replacing it with a beverage with a different recipe, design, and name: Coke Zero Sugar.

    "It is a reinvention of Coke Zero," CEO James Quincey said in a call with investors.

    According to Coca-Cola, Coke Zero Sugar is closer to the taste of Coca-Cola Original. However, with zero sugar and zero calories, the drink also appeals to customers who are seeking lower-sugar options.

    Coke Zero is already a major hit outside of America, with growth figures reaching the teens. In the US, Coke Zero sales grew 3.5% in 2016, compared to Diet Coke's drop of 1.9% in the same time period.

    WTF WTF WTF. Very unhappy about this. Thought it was going to have same recipe but just new name. Nope.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,491 Member
    edited July 2017
    orangegato wrote: »
    WTF WTF WTF. Very unhappy about this. Thought it was going to have same recipe but just new name. Nope.

    i think i said this somewhere else on the thread... it tastes identical to coke zero. i've been drinking it for over a year and didn't even notice when they transitioned it in my area.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,738 Member
    They introduced this a while ago in Canada and yes it's the same taste
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    orangegato wrote: »
    On Wednesday, Coca-Cola announced that it would stop selling Coke Zero in the US in August, replacing it with a beverage with a different recipe, design, and name: Coke Zero Sugar.

    "It is a reinvention of Coke Zero," CEO James Quincey said in a call with investors.

    According to Coca-Cola, Coke Zero Sugar is closer to the taste of Coca-Cola Original. However, with zero sugar and zero calories, the drink also appeals to customers who are seeking lower-sugar options.

    Coke Zero is already a major hit outside of America, with growth figures reaching the teens. In the US, Coke Zero sales grew 3.5% in 2016, compared to Diet Coke's drop of 1.9% in the same time period.

    WTF WTF WTF. Very unhappy about this. Thought it was going to have same recipe but just new name. Nope.

    That's odd; the articles I've seen are saying it has the same ingredients: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/07/26/coca-cola-zero-sugar-cokes-hot-new-soda-isnt-actually-that-new-at-all/?utm_term=.0d1b28cd154b
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,955 Member
    Coca-Cola Classic or GTFO
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,536 Member
    [/quote]

    That's odd; the articles I've seen are saying it has the same ingredients: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/07/26/coca-cola-zero-sugar-cokes-hot-new-soda-isnt-actually-that-new-at-all/?utm_term=.0d1b28cd154b[/quote]

    Well I hope it tastes the same b/c when I hear "new recipe" it sounds like it won't even if the ingredients are the same.....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,147 Member
    diet coke for me...
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,491 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    diet coke for me...

    or as we call it "coke light"
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,736 Member
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    diet coke for me...

    or as we call it "coke light"

    Coke light is a little bit better IMO.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Cherry Coke Zero. <nods>
    rachmgunt wrote: »
    No haven't tried it.vanilla coke zero is my fav

    But, have you guys tried CHERRY VANILLA Coke Zero?! It's my go-to at the Coke mix machines. It's the best of both worlds, if that world isn't going to include Diet Dr. Pepper.

    Many years ago, I found Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper in a little desert shop in California and my world was changed, lol.
  • bruby28
    bruby28 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Diet Dr pepper or diet gingerale mmmmmm
  • StrongGirlFitGirl
    StrongGirlFitGirl Posts: 183 Member
    Cherry Coke Zero is my favorite. Zevia Ginger Ale is really good, too!
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    As long as it tastes the same I don't care what they call it.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,755 Member
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    orangegato wrote: »
    WTF WTF WTF. Very unhappy about this. Thought it was going to have same recipe but just new name. Nope.

    i think i said this somewhere else on the thread... it tastes identical to coke zero. i've been drinking it for over a year and didn't even notice when they transitioned it in my area.

    I think it tastes different to coke zero. I'm a diet coke drinker, but tolerate zero if I have no choice (beats Pepsi).... No sugar coke tasted wrong, and I'd not choose to drink it again.
  • Quarkles
    Quarkles Posts: 69 Member
    DamieBird wrote: »

    But, have you guys tried CHERRY VANILLA Coke Zero?! It's my go-to at the Coke mix machines. It's the best of both worlds, if that world isn't going to include Diet Dr. Pepper.

    Oh man I tried cherry vanilla Coke Zero in Vegas and it was amazing. I wish we had cherry Coke Zero and vanilla Coke Zero in Canada.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,738 Member
    edited July 2017
    Quarkles wrote: »
    DamieBird wrote: »

    But, have you guys tried CHERRY VANILLA Coke Zero?! It's my go-to at the Coke mix machines. It's the best of both worlds, if that world isn't going to include Diet Dr. Pepper.

    Oh man I tried cherry vanilla Coke Zero in Vegas and it was amazing. I wish we had cherry Coke Zero and vanilla Coke Zero in Canada.

    There is coke zero cherry in Canada this summer