"Woo" Button to Comment on Posts (?)

Options

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    In our nearby top tech school many programmers look like they are from China. Could woo mean something extremely positive in that country? I had to ask. Not being racist. Not at all. Maybe India? Outsourcing is also a thing. Cheap programmers in other countries.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    In our nearby top tech school many programmers look like they are from China. Could woo mean something extremely positive in that country? I had to ask. Not being racist. Not at all. Maybe India? Outsourcing is also a thing. Cheap programmers in other countries.

And yet....
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I miss the "agree" button. That was so handy!

I kind of like that the "woo" button has more than one meaning. Nobody knows whether you think something is woo or are cheering someone on. So everyone is right all the time! :)
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    edited June 2017
    Options
    A programmer or tech manager had to make the final decision. They may have not known it was negative. I wonder. UnderArmour is hurting financially. It is possible it is all outsourced. MFP would not allow a negative button. Woo-hoo is very popular where I am from.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Options
    Anyone can tell me the other suggestions? Any of the others negative?
    I'm still spooked MFP would allow anything slightly negative to be here. Woo-hoo is something I use often. I have never heard woo as in woo medicine. I live in the states.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Thank you tinker. Now..... I understand that woo can be negative. I honestly thought it was woo-hoo. I never heard "woo medicine" in my life.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Thank you tinker. Now..... I understand that woo can be negative. I honestly thought it was woo-hoo. I never heard it before as negative in my life.

You probably have never seen so many questions asking if x pill/potion/lotion/wrap/diet will magically make people lose weight/give them super fit abs either as you will on the boards here either.

I don't really see it as a negative as such, more a critical response to information posted as a reply without any scientific backup like "eating 1200 calories for 1 week will make people go into starvation mode" or "Diet Coke makes you fat"