Replies

• Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    rocket power

The Mcvarial 900
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    irdkce60dr60.jpg

I still watch this on the reg. They play the old school Nick shows all the time actually. i would have given ANYTHING to be on this show when i was younger!
    Oh cool! I can't find them. I watch DISH Network, if that matters.
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    zcb94 wrote: »
    irdkce60dr60.jpg

I still watch this on the reg. They play the old school Nick shows all the time actually. i would have given ANYTHING to be on this show when i was younger!
    Oh cool! I can't find them. I watch DISH Network, if that matters.

I'm not sure about Dish, but they play them on TeenNick. Only at night though. Like 10pm-5am or something.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Peppermint P and bro circa 1989

(forced to attend a wedding)

zosat4dc92mt.jpg

Did you get your hair gel from Ben Stiller?

A concoction of mousse and lots of Aqua Net + upside-down hair-drying.
  • Born in 1984 -- I'm so not ashamed to be a millennial :)

1984 was a good year. I claim it, too. So does Katy Perry... I think.
  • Anybody still have their original SNES/N64?

N64 is in the extra bedroom... Along with about 50 games!
  • Gak and Floam... Why don't kids play with those today?
  • LaPrincipessaFedele
    LaPrincipessaFedele Posts: 483 Member
    yrtrd4zlxia3.jpg
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    edited June 2017
    I remember watching this as a kid. I've seen the movie countless times already but the cartoon was better.

Godzilla_The_Series.jpg
  • LaPrincipessaFedele
    5oJKZLH.gif

That episode with that guy in the pool scared the crap out of me when I was a kid

tale of the dead man's float. i think most people say that was the scariest one. i've got the whole series ripped to my plex server and actually sit down and watch it during October usually. some of them still hold up well.

That one still makes me slightly nervous to go swimming in a public pool :lol:
  • k8blujay
    k8blujay Posts: 23 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    Had to look this one up because I thought Millennials was a term for people born in the late 90's early 2000's.

Millennial is an identity given to a broadly and vaguely defined group of people. There are two wings of "Millennial" that are often at odds with each other: Generation Y (people born between 1981-1991) and Generation Z (born between 1991-2001). People of Generation Y often have characteristics similar to Generation X, which is why Generation Z will confuse Generation Y with Generation X and then claim to be the generation that represents "MIllennial," when in fact, birth years for Millennial range from about 1981-2001, just as the birth-years for Baby Boomers ranged from 1946-1964.

Both Generation Y and Generation Z can be called "Millennials," with the primary difference between the two being technology. Generation Y grew-up on personal computers, cell phones, and video game systems, while Generation Z has grown up on tablets, smartphones, and apps. Yet, the common ground between both generations is that both have been transforming and altering communication and identity--not just in the United States but globally.

I'm too old to be in the thread. Born in 78. I must be a tail end Gen X'er.

No, we (those of us born in between 77-83) are cuspers... and the terms Xennial, Oregon Trail (my favorite), or "the Lucky ones" are what we are called... or calling ourselves... because we have experienced both generations.
  • LaPrincipessaFedele
    edited June 2017
    k8blujay wrote: »
    Had to look this one up because I thought Millennials was a term for people born in the late 90's early 2000's.

Millennial is an identity given to a broadly and vaguely defined group of people. There are two wings of "Millennial" that are often at odds with each other: Generation Y (people born between 1981-1991) and Generation Z (born between 1991-2001). People of Generation Y often have characteristics similar to Generation X, which is why Generation Z will confuse Generation Y with Generation X and then claim to be the generation that represents "MIllennial," when in fact, birth years for Millennial range from about 1981-2001, just as the birth-years for Baby Boomers ranged from 1946-1964.

Both Generation Y and Generation Z can be called "Millennials," with the primary difference between the two being technology. Generation Y grew-up on personal computers, cell phones, and video game systems, while Generation Z has grown up on tablets, smartphones, and apps. Yet, the common ground between both generations is that both have been transforming and altering communication and identity--not just in the United States but globally.

No, we (those of us born in between 77-83) are cuspers... and the terms Xennial, Oregon Trail (my favorite), or "the Lucky ones" are what we are called... or calling ourselves... because we have experienced both generations.

Haha those rules are so arbitrary. I think anyone born in the 80s can claim that. I was born in '84 and I played Oregon Trail and know the relationship between a pen and a cassette tape :smiley:

Edit: along with my brother who was born in '86. Generation lines are not all that defined.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    wg8d5snbjgn5.jpg
  • LaPrincipessaFedele
    k8blujay wrote: »

i've always been a fan of the "oregon trail generation" moniker as well. born young enough to understand the internet, unlike our parents, but we're also too old to be part of the snapchat generation without being perverted or pathetic.
    5oJKZLH.gif

That episode with that guy in the pool scared the crap out of me when I was a kid

tale of the dead man's float. i think most people say that was the scariest one. i've got the whole series ripped to my plex server and actually sit down and watch it during October usually. some of them still hold up well.

That one still makes me slightly nervous to go swimming in a public pool :lol:

the one with the xray/magical specs that let them see aliens is still my favorite. it actually has the bleakest ending to a kids show in history i think. plus it has mr sardo in it.

'That's Sar-DOH! No Mister, accent on the "do!"'

I miss that show! I had to sneak it back in the day because technically I wasn't allowed to watch it :lol:
  • DasItMan91
    I remember playing this in the arcade in the mall in the early 2000s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAs8iT2DNjI
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    I miss that arcade game Time Crisis
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 wrote: »
    I remember playing this in the arcade in the mall in the early 2000s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAs8iT2DNjI

That one was good. I also really enjoyed The Simpsons one.

Oh I played the Simpsons one at Chucky Cheese alot, it was fun af.

maxresdefault.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRCk7VzJFuA