4i27otbmap9g.jpg
    59r4493jzt28.jpg
    a0yi3nlxp8br.jpg
    573s7ua9wmi2.jpg

No Stretch Armstrong no care.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    This makes me realize how few toys I had as a kid lol

I still have my entire Star Wars toy collection from when I was a kid in storage. I'll share with you and cee but I've got dibs on the Falcon.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    This makes me realize how few toys I had as a kid lol

I still have my entire Star Wars toy collection from when I was a kid in storage. I'll share with you and cee but I've got dibs on the Falcon.

You can have the Falcon if I can have the Slave I :love:

You got it!
  • LucasLean
    LucasLean Posts: 100 Member
    edited June 2017

LOL I've been a fan of Mahk for awhile.

Mahky Mahk.

Anyway, some 90s stuff I remember are N64, Blockbuster (it's haunted now), Simpsons, Matrix, and my brother filming me doing dumb stunts as a kid (and crashing) on roller-skates and bikes and watching them with my family on VHS. I remember Pokemon being big, but I never cared for that.
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    300px-VHS-Video-Tape-Top-Flat.jpg
  • Caporegiem
    DasItMan91 wrote: »

You probably didn't rewind them after watching them did you?
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 wrote: »

You probably didn't rewind them after watching them did you?

Lol yeah I did
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    I'm listening to the pop2k station on Sirius and laughing at how many lyrics I remember
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited June 2017
    Gen X Rules. :D

Members of Generation X were children during a time of shifting societal values and as children were sometimes called the "latchkey generation", due to reduced adult supervision compared to previous generations, a result of increasing divorcerates and increased maternal participation in the workforce, prior to widespread availability of childcare options outside of the home.

As adolescents and young adults, they were dubbed the "MTV Generation" (a reference to the music video channel
    https://youtu.be/Iwuy4hHO3YQ

of the same name) and characterized as slackers and as cynicaland disaffected. Some of the cultural influences on Gen X youth were the musical genres of grunge and hip hop music, and indie films. In midlife, research describes Gen X adults as active, happy, and as achieving awork–life balance. The cohort has been credited with entrepreneurial tendencies.
  • DasItMan91
    HyeKarma wrote: »

You old people....
  • LaPrincipessaFedele
    LaPrincipessaFedele Posts: 483 Member
    In midlife, research describes Gen X adults as active, happy, and as achieving a work–life balance.

Bahaha riiiiight.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member

Members of Generation X were children during a time of shifting societal values and as children were sometimes called the "latchkey generation", due to reduced adult supervision compared to previous generations, a result of increasing divorcerates and increased maternal participation in the workforce, prior to widespread availability of childcare options outside of the home.

As adolescents and young adults, they were dubbed the "MTV Generation" (a reference to the music video channel

of the same name) and characterized as slackers and as cynicaland disaffected. Some of the cultural influences on Gen X youth were the musical genres of grunge and hip hop music, and indie films. In midlife, research describes Gen X adults as active, happy, and as achieving awork–life balance. The cohort has been credited with entrepreneurial tendencies.

Get out of our room!
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited June 2017
    angelxsss wrote: »

Get out of our room!

Evil laughing :laugh:
    https://youtu.be/7tR2dz4_o4E
  • DasItMan91
    edited July 2017
    Anybody remember this movie:

p24225_p_v8_ae.jpg
  • Caporegiem wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    Had to look this one up because I thought Millennials was a term for people born in the late 90's early 2000's.

Millennial is an identity given to a broadly and vaguely defined group of people. There are two wings of "Millennial" that are often at odds with each other: Generation Y (people born between 1981-1991) and Generation Z (born between 1991-2001). People of Generation Y often have characteristics similar to Generation X, which is why Generation Z will confuse Generation Y with Generation X and then claim to be the generation that represents "MIllennial," when in fact, birth years for Millennial range from about 1981-2001, just as the birth-years for Baby Boomers ranged from 1946-1964.

Both Generation Y and Generation Z can be called "Millennials," with the primary difference between the two being technology. Generation Y grew-up on personal computers, cell phones, and video game systems, while Generation Z has grown up on tablets, smartphones, and apps. Yet, the common ground between both generations is that both have been transforming and altering communication and identity--not just in the United States but globally.

It is a pretty broad range term. I was born in the late 80s and feel like I have little in common with someone born in the late 90s-2000.

I disagree that those who were born in the 80s are similar to Gen X. They were raised in the 90s which was an entirely new era, teenagers in the 2000s, were mostly overparented, were educated by Barney in contrast to our Sesame Street, were raised in a "no child left behind" & "follow your dreams and you can be anything you want" mantra, and more sedentary because of the prevalence of the internet which encouraged them to stay more indoors. In contrast, most Gen Xers were underparented, we grew up in the 70s and 80s where kids weren't coddled, at a young age we learned to fend for ourselves since our parents were busy working. I'm a tail end Gen Xer born in 1979 and my siblings are all born in the 80s so I definitely see the big difference.