• baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    They're all sugar?
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Sugar.

Plain ole corn doesn't contain high fructose corn syrup, they have to process the heck out of the corn to make that.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    High Fructose Corn syrup? Just a guess.

Can children have a sensitivity to it?

Someone can certainly have a sensitivity to corn, which would also be in fruit loops and funnel cake as corn based fructose.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Sugar.

Plain ole corn doesn't contain high fructose corn syrup, they have to process the heck out of the corn to make that.

It's the fact that the sugar is sourced from the corn, not sugar cane.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    They all start with F. Well, except for Corn. But 2 out of 3 start with F, so that's most of them. So if most of them start with F, they probably all do. Corn is probably spelled wrong.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    Ok!

My daughter had these on 4 different occasions, all within the last 2 months. She doesn't get alot of " this kind of food" but when it happens, she gets sick. Stomach ache and vomitting. I am calling her pedi tomorrow.

I know this has nothing to do with fitness, but I knew if anyone would know what the relation between all 3 of them-it would be mfp'ers!
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    They all start with F. Well, except for Corn. But 2 out of 3 start with F, so that's most of them. So if most of them start with F, they probably all do. Corn is probably spelled wrong.

F meaning?

I don't get it. Fructose,?
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

F meaning?

I think he's just being a funny guy. :huh:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

F meaning?

F. For facepalm. Everyone knows it's spelled "F-O-R-N", but silent F and replaced with a C.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    hilarious.
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    All are carbs..
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    All are carbs..

Yes. I realize that. I'm talking ingrediant wise. I should have been more clear:)
  • Alyx128
    Alyx128 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Corn allergies are fairly common from my understanding. That would be my guess that is only thing these foods have in common from my understanding.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    Corn allergies are fairly common from my understanding. That would be my guess that is only thing these foods have in common from my understanding.

Thank you for your serious answer! I really appreciate it!!!

The only thing is, If she has fresh corn on the cob, she has no problems with it. Its so weird.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Sugar.

It's the fact that the sugar is sourced from the corn, not sugar cane.

Correct, but not the point I was making :)
  • webfootcajun
    Options
    A friend of mine is allergic to corn. Very allergic. He cant eat anything with high fructose corn syrup, or any type of corn by product. it really hurt his health until they figured out what it was.
  • Nancyhusanu
    Options
    as a mom who has kids with food allergies, that's what it sounds like! Definitely call you practitioner. The difference with corn on the cob vs the other things is it isn't as concentrated (ie: corn syrup is boiled down!) Food allergies can be scary when they are young, but manageable.
    Good luck!