KETO

Options
Anyone doing low fat keto? Looking for accountability friends.

Replies

• caileag26
    caileag26 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    There are lower fat keto people. Fat is not a goal and high fat is not necessary during weight loss. If you're on the Facebook, check out Real World Keto. There are a few people who do lower fat. The group can get a little crude, but there is a ton of support and science.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Low fat and low carb is a recipe for disaster.

Keto is a high fat, medium protein, low carb diet.

This ^^^^ exactly. If you're going to do something "low fat" best not to try anything resembling low carb or Keto.
  • Virgo09
    Virgo09 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am. You are more than welcome to add me
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I've been toying with the idea of doing something low carb since I'm so freaking hungry all the time and I'm not sure if it's low leptin that can be fixed with a refeed or if it's leptin resistance and I'm SO FREAKING HUNGRY ALWAYS. I personally wouldn't go AS high in fats as some of the hard core ketoers if (and this is a really big if lol) I were to slash carbs my macros would be 130P 80F 50C... based on my figures, how low fat would you consider low fat?
  • leannepartin
    leannepartin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Phatcat313 wrote: »

You cant do low fat keto.. keto is low carb moderate protein and high fat
  • leannepartin
    leannepartin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Low fat keto would not be keto, it would just be low carb eating. The whole point of keto is to starve the body of carbs/sugars so it will use fat for fuel instead. If you don't put fat fuels in the tank, then the keto engine won't run. You will be burning carbs & converting excess protein to glucose that way. If you're at a large enough calorie deficit, then this will achieve your weight loss goals eventually as well, but it's not a keto diet or way of eating.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as low fat keto...
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Keto is under 20-50g of carbs per day. That's under 80-200 kcals.

Low fat is 20-30% of your diet, and very low fat is under 20%. If you are eating 1400 kcals per day, that's about 300-400 odd kcals or 30 to 45g of fat.

That leaves 950-1100 kcals, or 240-275g, of protein per day. That's a LOT of protein for a woman unless you are very, very active. Well, even then it is still a lot.
  • AishaBraziel
    AishaBraziel Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Well, I am doing it. Lol
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Are you really eating 1000 calories or there abouts of lean protein?
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Well, I am doing it. Lol

Well, you may be doing it wrong. Lol Try doing a little quality research. Just sayin'.....
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I may be remembering wrong, but I thought high protein (which low carb and low fat would have to be) kicks you out of ketosis.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I haven't been able to find any resources on "low fat keto". I've also read that high protein can kick one out of ketosis (can anyone back this up?).

The only diet I know of that is both low fat and low carb certainly isn't keto (PSMF) and is not suitable for those with a lack of nutrition and weight loss knowledge (or the faint hearted....brutal diet is brutal).
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    FWIW, I did a low carb/low fat/high protein diet previously; it was the Dukan Diet. It did work in that I lost weight (about 10% of my body weight, which was my goal) and reversed my prediabetes. But when I discovered keto in the sense that I'm familiar with (which, as all the pp's said, is low carb/high fat/adequate protein), I found that I liked it a lot better than the low carb + low fat combo. I had a lot more positive benefits besides weight loss; my digestive system was much happier, for one thing. LCHFAP keto might be worth looking into ...
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Worthwhile keto primer for those asking: The Keto Train to CrazyTown