Beautiful Behaviors - June 2017

Options
12346»

Replies

• Autumn_Row
    Autumn_Row Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love this thread so much!
    Look forward to sharing some self-love in the upcoming days. :)
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    @katadx - Prayers, do hope your grandfather is doing better. Prayer has helped me and I'm not super religious. I talk to him like he's my father (he is). I hold conversations with him and then I try to give it to him and let it go. Because holding onto what we can't control is not healthy. I'm so glad you are practicing this.
    @rheddmobile - That's awesome that you blasted through your arm workout! Sometimes we have to make ourselves do this. I would definitely invest in some 15 lbers if you can. For now, maybe do more reps at a very slow pace, this will put stress on your muscle (which is good). I sometimes do a burnout round where after lifting at my heaviest for about 6-8 reps, I go down in weight and slowly (with good form) see how many reps I can do until failure (failure meaning you just cannot absolutely lift with good form). Keep it up
    @str8bowbabe - I am Super Happy that you are listening to your body and resting when need be and not pushing. I am very stubborn and tried to push when I had neck issues and it took me away from volleyball for over a year! You get a Gold Star for the meal prepping!!! :) I know it can be tedious but it's so beneficial and you're right it does save money.
    @jessiquoi - Like I said above, I will reitorate: Listen to your body. Last year I tried to squat to heavy and ever since then my knee gets a catch in it (not pain). So, I squat much lighter than what I know I actually can but I definitley don't want injuries. It's frustrating but I'm not a spring chicken anymore lol. I have been struggling with food too - you are not alone. I have been busy too. Keep going
    @autumn_row - I can't wait to here all about you and your beautiful behaviors! I love reading this thread and even people's struggles are inspiring to me.
    @aleahurst - How are you doing? How's the water intake? Have you been out with nature lately? Sending you a smile :)

Update: I have been so busy that I have not been able to check in here. I also feel like I may do a social media cleanse, meaning - that I will limit myself for about a week to almost none. Last night when I was logging my workout - I realized that I log my exercise on about 3 to 4 different sites!!! Yes, I love inspiring others and have followers on all sites but it is time consuming too.
    Saturday I went swimming with my sisters, it was nice to be with them both. Sunday I cleaned house big time, mainly angry cleaning because I was upset with the bf (but we talked it out). Also Sunday I did about an hour of legs. Monday I went home and did about 20 minutes of HIIT cardio, sweat was dripping from my chin. Then when the bf got home we went to the gym and did shoulders. Last night the bf and I did about 80 minutes of biceps and abs. Tonight will probably be a rest night, I may get some stretching or core work in but I didn't sleep well.
    Work has been busy and full of drama (mostly drama for others but I try and listen and let them vent to me).
    The bf and I are supposed to be going on a weekend trip this weekend. I say supposed to because he always cancels on me at the last minute, so I am used to dissappointment (this is something he is working on). This will be the first weekend getaway or trip for us since we've been together (and we've been together about 7 years). I think this is ridiculous, but he seems to think it's normal. *** What's normal to one person is not to another, I guess. At least he cares enough to want to make me happy, and that is why he has not been kicked to the CURB! LOL :p

Okay, enough of my rambling and life story haha

Thought for the day: Healthy is an outfit that looks different on everybody. ***This, all day THIS! Society has burned it into our brain that we should look a certain way. Even those stupid BMI readings say that we should weigh a certain amount for our height and age (even though they don't think about muscle mass). BREAK this way of thinking, everyone is different and that's what makes this world so interesting. I love the bigger curvy look, I also appreciate the frailer/thin look, I like muscley look, flat, big, athletic, pear, apple and everything in between. However the best look is someone who makes me laugh and who has a positive vibe. Confidence (not arrogance) is also a great and infectious thing about a person. We all have different goals and similar goals at the same time, but we are individuals. Try new things and keep the good habits and things you like, let go of what "they" say you should do.

Happy Wednesday! (I had to actually check to see what day it was :D *Also I hope that I stay awake today)ha
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

@aleahurst - where are you? Haven't heard from you? Hope you are well and getting out in the fresh air for a bit.

Welcome to the newcomers! Looking forward to hearing your stories.

@happysherri - day 3 of meal prepping...eating healthier and saving money is always a good thing. I hope you get to go on the getaway this weekend. Everyone needs one of these now and then. Maybe after bf finally goes he will realize what he was missing for all these years. Here's hoping!

I have been pushing water. I might drink a soft drink once or twice a week now. I may drink a cup of coffee every other day so the caffeine kick has worked. I am to the point I crave water. Yeah!!!!

I am back to lifting again. OMgosh! I missed it. Yesterday was upper body...today will be lower body. Usually I would put a day of cardio in between but I have softball on Friday so I am trying to give my legs some time recover before game day. LOL

My beautiful behavior - I have decided on most nights instead of going inside after I get off work, I will set a goal of getting one outside chore done every night or well almost every night. So far, 3 major projects knocked off my to do list.

Well that's all for now! Have a great day!
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    kwgo16lgvh8p.png
  • aleahurst
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I found the above at hummusapien's web page and thought I'd share!

@Autumn_Row hi! I'm glad you posted!

@str8bowbabe - thank you for remembering me! I have been sick. It looks like whatever I have comes and goes in flare ups or exacerbations. Past one must have lasted 5 weeks. I got up Monday. Yay!!! Meal prepping appears to help keep us on the program. Good for you! And yay for going outside! It seems to always help me.

@happysherri - hello! And yank that man by the earlobe and tell him he has to go along! Well maybe don't get violent. Just insist. Water is currently the only thing I prep, so its going very well. I put water in the fridge for all day and I make sure to finish it. I still love your thoughts for the day!

I have to go through and catch up with everyone. @rheddmobile - how are you?

@jessiquoi - what shall we do for July? The June water challenge is going well. July could be farmer's market month? Carb awareness month? Great substitutions?

Hello @aimjolie and @katadx !!!

Love to all.

Lea
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I'm hanging in there, thanks for asking - spent today getting medical tests for my husband. Will get results tomorrow.

Thinking about the senses right now, how we depend so much on food for pleasure and how the other senses get neglected. Right now the sky is soft bright blue with light filtering through green leaves, the sound of rustling and peeping, gentle breeze caressing me, and I can smell the warm earth. Sometimes I get positively hungry for color - it's why I like quilting. And as I work out more and become more active I notice more about how my body feels. It seems like turning up the other senses helps balance the clamor of food cravings.
  • jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    lea, if my knee improves, I want to do step counting/increasing in july. however, right now I can barely walk, so I don't know if i'll be able to start on day 1. yes, the water went extremely well. I'm used to the higher amount now and it's not a chore to get it down. another option I was thinking of was tracking all my food four days/week. what do you think of that one?
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Sometimes I get positively hungry for color - it's why I like quilting. And as I work out more and become more active I notice more about how my body feels. It seems like turning up the other senses helps balance the clamor of food cravings.

Golly I love that insight.

@str8bowbabe - you rock! Weight loss yay!!!

@jessiquoi - I'm trying not to cry at the thought of seriously recording food again. Since the water went so well, we should do that again. After all, we're good at it. :* Okay. I'm kidding.

I trust you to be creative, because you are good at that! Mmmm. Let's count macros or carbs or iron or protein or fiber. Or how about everybody has to come up with a meme that encourages every three days? That's do-able.

Love to all.

Lea

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Huge sigh of relief - my husband's biopsy came back and he has a variant type of skin cancer (infiltrative basal cell carcinoma) which likes to invade neighboring tissues, but his cat scan shows that it hasn't done that and should be able to be removed with simple surgery. We still have to worry about how to finance this, but that's minor.

I mostly behaved myself as far as diet and exercise during the stress of waiting for test results, but it was hard - I skipped everything but my basic cardio cycling for two days, and it shows in my blood glucose. Can't keep doing that! On the other hand, I learned that I can successfully bring my glucose from almost 170 down to 90 by excusing myself at the doctor's office to go and do body weight squats in the women's loo. It's nice to have a portable workout for emergencies! And it's also nice to know that even when stress is making my glucose soar, I can slap my pancreas and get its attention by exercising.

As far as counting nutrients is concerned, I'm having a terrible time meeting my iron goals! My hematocrit is just barely acceptable right now at 37 and I think I'm going to start taking a supplement. How does everyone else manage to get sufficient iron on a restricted diet?
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    @aleahurst - Great to hear from you and that you did so awesome on the water challenge. Hmm... not sure about the next challenge? For me personally I've gotten away from tracking my food for the past month or so and I feel I need to get back at it.
    @rheddmobile - That is Amazing news, so thankful that your husband's results were good. I'm also happy to hear that you are watching your levels and taking care of yourself (we forget to do that sometimes). Keep it up
    @str8bowbabe - Congrats on the loss!!! Losing weight is a challenge and you are killing it! Meal prepping does wonders for my diet, but there are days where I just try and buy whatever the cafe has. Then I regret it because they only seem to have grilled chicken (very small) and salad bar - other options are not healthy. Keep it up
    @jessiquoi - Sounds like you are doing well. I hope your knee feels better soon. I definitely have fallen off the food logging wagon. I will be concentrating on tracking better in July.

Update: Wednesday night I went home and fell asleep, took a nap. I was exhausted. Last night I completed 110 minutes of jogging outside on 'my trail' and lifting legs and abs. It felt so good! The plan was to get up and do HIIT cardio this morning before work - However I tweaked my ankle while running so I didn't want to press my luck. I elevated it and iced it last night. It's better today. I will not be working out this weekend because the bf and I are going out of town for some fun.

I am Ecstatic that this week is over! My coworkers and I have had a bad week here at work. (it could be worse but it was just a hectic and depressing week) All of us have been in bad moods and can't seem to shake them. I hit traffic jams 3 days in a row, grrr. On the bright side, I get to have dinner with both my kiddos tonight!!!!!! <3 And I took Monday off to spend with my daughter! I work Tuesday July 4th, but I will be leaving early.

Thought for the day: Change your mind to change your body. ***Sometimes I get negative thoughts of 'why am I even doing this? is this really making a difference? I'm not where I want to be, should I give up?' But this way of thinking will not get me closer to my goals and ends up seeping outward effecting others. This is no good. I try to keep the positive thoughts and thow out the negative. Even if I have to answer these hard pressed questions to myself, I do! Resounding - I'm doing this for me! Yes, it makes a difference - look at a past photo, know that your organs and body will thank you for that nutritious fuel, you will be happier, etc. Never give up, you are closer than you think! Sometimes we need to give ourselves pep talks, your best cheerleader is YOU!

Happy Figgin Friday!!!! Woo B):)
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Okay. @jessiquoi - record food for next challenge. For me, recording food accurately is an emotional challenge, because I am a stubborn willful child when it comes to keeping an accurate daily record. And I'm 62. You would think I had grown up years ago! Okay. LET'S DO IT!!! YAY GO TEAM!!! WOOOOO! What will the rules be? Set your number of days? Meet a certain goal? Only record when you are feeling clever and sassy about the way you diet? I like that one!

@happysherri - July 1 is when we start the new challenge... ARE YOU READY???? YAY GO TEAM!! WOOO!

@rheddmobile - well. Since I'm anemic, iron in foods is real important to me as well. I don't know about you, but there isn't a supplement that I can take. So instead I eat beans and pumpkin seeds and whatever is high in iron. Question: How can we make getting sufficient iron a goal for July? Should we research high iron foods? Let's make it a goal. ???? Glad your hubby found out it was basal cell and not something worse. However, he may still need surgery, skin graft, prayer, etc.

Okay. Was that it? See, every time someone makes a post, I sit in my chair bopping up and down, and screeching, "oh. Oh. Oh. I want to say something to..."

So here comes the long post!

My oxygen level dropped to 88 today. Dang it. I'm back on the machine all day.

For three days in a row, it didn't go under 95. I was so active!!!! It was fantastic! I did yard work barefooted. Now I have chigger itches everywhere you shouldn't ought to scratch! :|

Love to all.

Lea
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @rheddmobile I hope he has a quick and speedy recovery!
    @aleahurst I took a page from your book today and arranged for a lovely day outside downtown with my friends. We had sushi, went antiquing and walked a lot! Then we went to a farmers market. It really helped bring me out of my post-workweek funk! How are you feeling? Has your sickness gotten better?
    @happysherri I am also relieved that my 'weekend' has finally arrived (I work 9-2 on saturdays, still shorter than usual though!) we are training new people left and right and my manager basically makes me do double the work while he stands and watches the new person. Also, excellent quote! Changing my mind to not make enjoyable food the enemy has been a challenge. But lately this has been better! I've been enjoying family recipes and treats with friends within my calories and I've felt good! It takes time and there are ups and downs in the future i'm sure but this is an excellent remind.

My grandpa is finally doing well enough to come home from the hospital! Things are going in a good direction.

Happy friday!!

Note: might be changing my icon soon!
  • aleahurst
    Options
    @katadx - I'm so glad you took that page! It sounds like you had a wonderful day!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    lea, you made me laugh! :smiley:
  • jessiquoi
    Options