Hotties With Bodies (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    what does (closed group) mean??? :(

Most forums started by groups are open to new members that want to join at anytime. If it says "closed group" it is because the group is not accepting new members for various reasons (usually as an attempt to keep the group small & things simple). Less people = less confusion. Welcome to MFP though and good luck with your lifestyle change! There is lots of great support on this website and new groups starting everyday :flowerforyou:
  • USAFwifey12
    Options
    Well the weekend was a bust of course but I'm doing good today so atleast I've got this week off on the right foot. I STILL haven't done the Fit test but I WILL do it this wednesday along with this week's challenge (only day I don't have a double workout planned). Then it will be off to the lake again this weekend for a get together with some family/work friends so I need to do really good this week with my food and get a big calorie burn. Last week was kind of pathetic as far as workouts but I'm putting that behind me. I forgot to mention I did get my squats in last week when I did my bootcamp, I didn't get an exact count but well over 100 though for sure!

Goals for 7/25:
    -10 glasses of water a day
    -2500 calories burned before the weekend
    -90% primal diet (except for this weekend cause that's not going to be possible)
    -Start training for my next 5k
    -Complete Fit test & arms on Wed.

I'm still missing a couple burns from last week so I'll post our C2C challenge update tomorrow if I haven't gotten them.
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ok Im just posting my goals for the week before I head off to bed...zzzzz

-Drink 12 glasses of water Mon - Fri
    -Under calories/fat/sugar/sodium everyday
    -Big burns on Tues and Wed and get out for at least a run on Thurs and Fri, Zumba on Saturday
    -Burn 2500 calories Mon - Fri
    -Do 30mins strength training Tues - Fri
    -Do group challenge vid on Tuesday

This week is going to be broken up because Im heading home on Wednesday evening until Sunday. There is a music festival on in my hometown so I will be attending that for most of the weekend and meeting up with school friends. I hope to get out for a run on Thursday and Friday when Im at home because I may be tempted with some nice food at some stage over the weekend! And of course there will be alcohol involved!! On Saturday there is a 2hr Zumba class in the town centre which is free to everyone so I am definitely hitting that up in style!
    I bought some nice new outfits for this weekend. It's a big one for me because I will definitely bumped into alot of old school classmates who havent seen me since my 230lbs days so I wanna give them a sight to remember!! haha

NSV for today was a very uplifting one that really made me feel great. I was working this evening and the camera guy asked me to stand in front of the camera while he set up the shot and got the lighting right etc.
    Anyways, my NSV today was that he told me that I was very photogenic :) For some reason it sounds a lot better coming from someone you don't really know because they wouldn't say it unless they meant it :) And boy did it feel good to hear that given that there are only about 10 photographs I allowed to be taken of me before the age of 22 :)

That is all for today. Im shattered and Im off to catch some zzz's as I want to get up early tomorrow and get a good burn in to start my day! :)

Goodnight Hotties x
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    INSANITY Fit Test Results:
    Date: 1/1/2011 <> 3/8/2011 <> 7/25/11
    Switch Kicks 101 <> 123 <> 131
    Power Jacks 41 <> 55 <> 60
    Power Knees 77 <> 84 <> 97
    Power Jumps 28 <> 35 <> 35
    Globe Jumps 9 <> 10 <> 11
    Suicide Jumps 11 <> 16 <> 16
    Push Up Jacks 0 <> 5 <> 12 CORRECTLY :drinker:
    Low Plank Oblique 53 <> 51 <> 61

I am pretty excited about my new set of numbers! I What I am MOST proud of was the fact that I didn't need to hit pause to extend the "break" in between exercises.. I followed right along this time. Yeehaw!
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    What's a good go to "stress" food? I know we don't want to eat when we are stressed, but I find myself wanting/needing something when I'm really stressed after work (like on the drive home). Right now this fix has been a mocha coconut frappe light from stbx. Though it's low call the sugar is wayyyy too high. Any suggestions (besides the obvious "don't do it" or "eat an apple";)?
  • Caroline9252
    Options
    I hear you... My husband loves telling me eat an apple, but when he says that I want to just throw it at him!!!! Grrrrr!!!! I need a good stress food too! I do find almonds help. It's something about crunching on something.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    So I did the Challenge work out yesterday. I went into it thinking it wasn't going to be too bad. It was harder than I thought it would be and I was dripping with sweat by the end. I definitely plan on working this into my workouts at least a few times a week. I am hoping to do it at least one more time before Friday, maybe I will do it both Wed and Fri.

My dad is going in for an exploratory cardiac procedure today. He will most likely need stents. I didn't realize how worried I was about it until I got off the phone with my mom last night. Then I was stress eating majorly last night. I ended up eating an extra 250 calories last night once I closed out my diary. I just kept mindlessly munching. I need to get this under control for future stressful events. In all honestly, up until now, it has been a pretty mundane year and I haven't had the challenge of not stress eating. Now I know I still have that tendency so I need to focus on getting it under control.

Today will be a better day. I have rehearsal for 3 hours, swim lessons with my son tonight. Hopefully keeping busy will keep me away from the food cabinets. Have a great day and HAPPY TUESDAY!
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    So I did the Challenge work out yesterday. I went into it thinking it wasn't going to be too bad. It was harder than I thought it would be and I was dripping with sweat by the end. I definitely plan on working this into my workouts at least a few times a week. I am hoping to do it at least one more time before Friday, maybe I will do it both Wed and Fri.

My dad is going in for an exploratory cardiac procedure today. He will most likely need stents. I didn't realize how worried I was about it until I got off the phone with my mom last night. Then I was stress eating majorly last night. I ended up eating an extra 250 calories last night once I closed out my diary. I just kept mindlessly munching. I need to get this under control for future stressful events. In all honestly, up until now, it has been a pretty mundane year and I haven't had the challenge of not stress eating. Now I know I still have that tendency so I need to focus on getting it under control.

Today will be a better day. I have rehearsal for 3 hours, swim lessons with my son tonight. Hopefully keeping busy will keep me away from the food cabinets. Have a great day and HAPPY TUESDAY!

Dani I feel the same way, I really haven't had a lot of stressful situations this year and I'm worried because I have decided to go back to school starting the end of August. I'm hoping I can find ways to cope, without going to food! Will be thinking of you today!!
  • Caroline9252
    Options

Your Dad is in my heart today. i will be thinking of you. XOXOXOX
  • LurayneMarie
    Options
    Hope everything goes well for your Dad today, Dani :flowerforyou:
  • USAFwifey12
    Options
    Ok Hotties, its time for the results of "Coast to Coast" Challenge: Week 2!!!

This week we traveled a total of 360 miles (35,987 calories total)! That's an average of 22 miles per hottie(mph). Congrats to Dani for being our biggest burner this week with 4,422 calories! (Kerri was our biggest burner for last week with 4,016!)

We've now bypassed our second stop (my hometown of Dayton, OH) and are now just north of that in Vandalia, OH. Next stop is our most popular city: Detroit, MI :happy: Point C on the map is where we were at the end of last week, just for a reference. Here's a map of our route so far:
    C2CWeek2.jpg
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    I'm so in love with our challenge! This is such a cool idea!!! I think we will get to LA sooner than we thought!!! =)
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the thoughts for my dad. He came out of surgery great. He had one stent put in. One of his front arteries was 95% blocked. They caught it in enough time to be able to repair it without a bypass. As long as everything looks good he will be home tomorrow!
  • LurayneMarie
    Options
    Great news Dani, very happy everything went well for him :)

Robin, top marks again with the map! Looks great and we'll more than likely have to extend our journey! Possibly back to New York but taking a different route?
  • LurayneMarie
    Options
    What's a good go to "stress" food? I know we don't want to eat when we are stressed, but I find myself wanting/needing something when I'm really stressed after work (like on the drive home). Right now this fix has been a mocha coconut frappe light from stbx. Though it's low call the sugar is wayyyy too high. Any suggestions (besides the obvious "don't do it" or "eat an apple";)?

Hmm this is a good question. I usually get a coffee to calm me down. I don't really drink it all that much, maybe 1 a day or less, so when I do have it I realllly enjoy it. And maybe a small chocolate bar to go with it. Its not the healthiest thing in the world but it really helps me with stress and its alot less calorific than ordering Chinese takeaway or eating a tub of ice-cream!
    As for more healthy options....I have yet to discover them!!!

P.S. I love love love a Mocha frapp light from Starbucks!!! Definitely a treat I have to get when I venture into town! Although I haven't heard of the coconut version...dunno if they do that option in Ireland. But I agree that the sugar is way to high. The 'grande' option is my entire daily allowance of sugar! Madness! So I can only have one if I workout on that day :)
  • kerriBB37
    Options

Robin, top marks again with the map! Looks great and we'll more than likely have to extend our journey! Possibly back to New York but taking a different route?

We could take the historic Route 66 back (LA to Chicago then to NYC) and THEN "swim" to Ireland to see Lorraine. I bet we could do it!!!!!!!!!!
  • USAFwifey12
    Options

We could take the historic Route 66 back (LA to Chicago then to NYC) and THEN "swim" to Ireland to see Lorraine. I bet we could do it!!!!!!!!!!

Hate to be the Debbie Downer here but I think we'll just make it to LA lol. Its 4,100 miles from NY to LA on our route so we have to average about 340 miles a week which is the pace we're at right now. We might make it a week early but that's about it. BUT I'm all for the "swim" to Lorraine for our next challenge :smile:
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I should be picking up my calorie burn starting next week with being able to get back to Jazzercise. :-) so I'll be able to add a few more miles on.

I have got to be one of the clumsiest people I know. Today we wen to a county water park and I slipped on the edge of the kiddy pool and crashed on my knee. I've got a nice bruise going and some swelling.

Vacation ends today for us, back to the grind tomorrow!
  • kerriBB37
    Options

Oh. teehehe :)

Hate to be the Debbie Downer here but I think we'll just make it to LA lol. Its 4,100 miles from NY to LA on our route so we have to average about 340 miles a week which is the pace we're at right now. We might make it a week early but that's about it. BUT I'm all for the "swim" to Lorraine for our next challenge :smile:
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Dani - I am SO glad to hear all went well with the surgery and the stents. Unfortunately heart surgeries have become my specialty over the passed 3 years! Argh!