Halo Top...how the heck do they do it???

Options

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    KylaBlaze wrote: »
    What is the point of eating ice cream if it's not really ice cream???

It is ice cream.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    KylaBlaze wrote: »
    What is the point of eating ice cream if it's not really ice cream???

The first three ingredients are milk, cream, and eggs. It's still ice cream, but it's ice cream with fewer calories, more protein, and half your day's fiber. Why wouldn't you eat it?
  • melissawill2017
    melissawill2017 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly to me, I didn't really like the Halo Top ice cream and I am a super ice cream fan. To be fair, I've only tried the one flavor, but I've had it for 2 weeks now and only ate one serving so far. It made the back of my throat burn when I ate it (and not from the cold). I'm not giving up on it yet because I need ice cream in my life and need large portions..lol.. I plan to try a few flavors that you guys really seem to like!
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Halo Top may be the best thing that ever happened to me.

I finally tried some today and it exceeded all expectations.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    everher wrote: »
    Halo Top may be the best thing that ever happened to me.

I finally tried some today and it exceeded all expectations.

What flavour did you get?
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I never heard of it before . I was fortunate.. my local Safeway gave me a coupon for a free pint. 5.99 I paid for the tax. There wasn't many flavors to choose from...but I did get peanut butter cup. :) What are the chances of getting another coupon?
  • britkneemeyer
    britkneemeyer Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just had some halo top tonight and thank goodness for it. Pms ice cream cravings hit like a truck but I ate half the pint and was satisfied. I tried cookies and cream but birthday cake is the real winner of the flavors I've tried. Soooo good. Tastes like frosting and dreams.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I just had some halo top tonight and thank goodness for it. Pms ice cream cravings hit like a truck but I ate half the pint and was satisfied. I tried cookies and cream but birthday cake is the real winner of the flavors I've tried. Soooo good. Tastes like frosting and dreams.

I keep reading the tastes like frosting thing about the birthday cake flavour. It tasted like plain vanilla to me.. Maybe i got a dud tub??

• Chef_Barbell
    Options

I keep reading the tastes like frosting thing about the birthday cake flavour. It tasted like plain vanilla to me.. Maybe i got a dud tub??

It tasted like cake batter to me... Like licking the spoon. Yummy
  • Christine_72
    Options

I'm going to have to give it another try. Maybe they didn't put as many speckles in the tub i got.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to locate it. No one in my area seems to carry it. I sort of DIY a soft serve instead by putting frozen strawberries, some vanilla, and a little milk in the food processor. Sometimes I use a banana for part of it instead.... Halo Top seems very popular, IDK why no one here has it!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    If you like Halo Top, you should also try Enlightened. The Bananas Foster is incredible! As is the Oatmeal Cookie Carmel Crunch. Sigh ...
  • Christine_72
    Options

@Chef_Barbell I take it back!!! I just bought another tub of Birthday cake, and it does taste like cake batter :smiley: I must have had an odd tub last time, cos this one tastes sooo much better.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    regpark85 wrote: »
    ive tried probably most of the flavors and haven't found one didn't like, they're great... but i even like most arctic zero offerings.

Ditto. I don't find Arctic Zero offensive. It's a life saver for me actually.
  • handsoffmybag
    handsoffmybag Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Whatever it is, I agree, is a small gift from heaven!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options

@Chef_Barbell I take it back!!! I just bought another tub of Birthday cake, and it does taste like cake batter :smiley: I must have had an odd tub last time, cos this one tastes sooo much better.

Yay!!!! I do agree there is a consistency issue among tubs, hit or miss.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Would try but it's not sold in my part of Canada and the price is likely comparable to B&J's.

I'm driving to Bellingham Wednesday:)

Haha I did that on Tuesday. They are on sale at Fred Meyer for $3.50 each and there is a catalina coupon that saves you $2 when you buy 2. I got one of each flavour and so far have only tasted the cookie dough....it's amazing, unlike any other cookie dough ice cream I've ever had.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Halo top is just as good as regular ice cream to me and its even more enjoyable because I can eat the whole thing! It helped me participate in 'pint night' which occurred with my roommates frequently. When I got halo top I didn't break my calories even a little bit!