Weirdly addictive foods or beverages?

Options

Replies

• RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Almost nothing beats a good mango
    I have to only buy the frozen ones cause the good fresh ones I could honestly eat 3000 cals a day of just mangos. And I can neither afford that monetarily or calorically
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Others I thought of:

Honey BBQ Fritos, Snyder's Buffalo Wing pretzel pieces, jalapeno kettle chips, Thin Mints (serious, serious problem with moderation), chips and salsa at my favorite Mexican restaurant.
    Parmesan flavored Cheezits. Not to be kept anywhere near me....

I can easily polish off an entire box in one sitting.

The Hot n' Spicy is my favorite. Crack in a box.
  • hunhun57
    hunhun57 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Black tea with lemonade unsweeten
    Trenta size - 33grams of sugar
    Gave it up and placed it with healthy smoothies. I still miss the teas but I need to stay focused on eating and drinking healthy .
  • brooke88z
    brooke88z Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Turkey Hill Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream (no other brand but that)

This. Sweet and salty perfection. On the plus side, I find it's more filling than other ice creams for the number of calories.

The important thing is measure out everything beforehand, then keep that original container FAR away.
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    Options
    hunhun57 wrote: »
    Black tea with lemonade unsweeten
    Trenta size - 33grams of sugar
    Gave it up and placed it with healthy smoothies. I still miss the teas but I need to stay focused on eating and drinking healthy .
    They really pile in the sugar omg
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    cantaloupe. I can eat an entire cantaloupe over the course of the day.

i don't see what's wrong with that :tongue: me, i can take care of literally an entire watermelon over the course of a day.

don't think i've ever regretted it either. not saying this is exactly normal, but it's actually one of my go-to things for when i'm feeling a little bit crap and run down and just sort of universally bleh. eat a whole watermelon and if you still feel bleh the next day maybe call your doctor.

^^^ not advising this for anyone else. when i say 'you' what i mean is 'me' talking to my own self.
  • sheenamoulton619
    sheenamoulton619 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Tortilla chips. I have zero chill when it comes to these. I had to take a whole bag of Tostitos and count out the serving size into tiny baggies. I have a serious tortilla chip love :)
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Goldfish crackers and Cheeze-Its are the worst for me. I have a huge savory/salty tooth, so these hit the mark for me. Also banned in my house are chocolate covered pretzels, snap pea crisps, donuts, and thin crust pizza.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Goldfish crackers. I can easily eat a whole bag.

Yes. And Cheez-its. Cheese crackers of any sort, really. I used to get the big Costco boxes, thinking I could portion it out for easy snacks for the kids. That was an error in judgement.
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »

Yes. And Cheez-its. Cheese crackers of any sort, really. I used to get the big Costco boxes, thinking I could portion it out for easy snacks for the kids. That was an error in judgement.
    Cheese was my most addictive food before going vegan. I loved cheese crackers and mac and cheese lol. Mayo too! It's literally addictive
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Almost nothing beats a good mango

I had the fortune to be in Costa Rico during mango season and I was literally tripping over them. I ate mangoes all day long...
  • Sassifrass76
    Sassifrass76 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Avocados. I always had to eat the whole thing and large whole ones are pretty high calorie. Solved my problem by switching over to holy guacamole 100 calorie cups. They have mild, spicy, and just chunky avocado. I am fine to get one cup, but i was never never able to only eat part of an avocado.

Also the same with danish and pastry, get a whole one eat a whole one, never failed. Saved in that department by Entenmann's that came out with individually wrapped mini cheese Danish, raspberry Danish, coffee cake, and mini pies in raspberry, apple, and cherry. They only run about 200 calories each.

I don't know why I can stop if they are individually wrapped, but not if they aren't. The mind is a crazy thing.
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Pretzels and ice cream. Or pretzel covered ice cream.. Lol

Pretty much those two things :)
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    Options
    Avocados. I always had to eat the whole thing and large whole ones are pretty high calorie. Solved my problem by switching over to holy guacamole 100 calorie cups. They have mild, spicy, and just chunky avocado. I am fine to get one cup, but i was never never able to only eat part of an avocado.

Also the same with danish and pastry, get a whole one eat a whole one, never failed. Saved in that department by Entenmann's that came out with individually wrapped mini cheese Danish, raspberry Danish, coffee cake, and mini pies in raspberry, apple, and cherry. They only run about 200 calories each.

I don't know why I can stop if they are individually wrapped, but not if they aren't. The mind is a crazy thing.
    Omg yeah I don't keep avocados in my house!! Sooo tasty I can just eat three in a row
  • abbynormalartist
    abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with frozen blueberries. I've had a few days where over half my calories have gone to cottage cheese. If I pay attention I can be reasonable, but otherwise I am happy to live off the stuff!!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    Cashews

Yes! And also pistachios and some of the flavored almonds.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Eggs (especially hard-boiled), pretzels, and protein bars
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I wonder if some of the food cravings, especially fruits and vegetables, could be because of vitamin or mineral deficiencies? I have a medical condition where I lose salt and often have very low blood pressure. Whenever I notice myself craving fries and chips, I always try adding some salt to vegetables or taking sodium tablets to see whether that's the issue, it almost always is. :)

I have chronic low blood pressure, but I can always tell when it dips down a bit more, because I crave salt in the worst kind of way! Potato chips = life for me :D
  • P_yoga_runs
    P_yoga_runs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »

Cheese was my most addictive food before going vegan. I loved cheese crackers and mac and cheese lol. Mayo too! It's literally addictive

I quit dairy 2.5 years ago and thought I was safe from my cheesy snack addition - then earth balance started making vegan cheez its.... box would be demolished in a day. Gah! Will no longer purchase. And also had to quit daiya for the same reason - too many vegan quesadillas !
  • firlena227
    firlena227 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    GRANOLA. By the handful from the bag like some kind of granola fiend. I'm just not gonna buy it any more. The weird thing is I never used to really like it but now it's like if I know it's in the house I feel compelled to munch! Also I make these chocolate peanut butter squares which are horribly addictive. Again, I'm just not gonna make them again cos all self control evaporates when they're near!!