How's your book?

Options

Replies

• captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Anasi's Boys by Neil Giaman. I trying to read all the books related to American Gods before I binge on the show. It's okay so far.
    I've got this one up next in my kindle and the bookseller at b&n said it was funnier

It's definitely funnier and kinda silly.

Fab kinda book
  • tammybarnett1
    tammybarnett1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Trying to get through David Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    next up.... by the best author you've never heard of

27245902.jpg
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I loved These Is My Words by Nancy Turner! However, have not enjoyed others by same author
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Dirty Red By Tarryn Fisher. It's a love/hate kind of read. Writing is brilliant but the character makes me wanna punch her in the face every other sentence I read.
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I'm reading a Science Busters book on space. Super interesting but written in a way that I get.
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    Dirty Red By Tarryn Fisher. It's a love/hate kind of read. Writing is brilliant but the character makes me wanna punch her in the face every other sentence I read.

I like some of Tarryn Fisher's books...she's BFFs with my all time fave author Colleen Hoover. Have you read any of Colleen's books?
  • princess7955
    Options
    my fitness pal - different kinds of genre from drama to catfishing and it has a whole lot of characters in it.

You're missing a few genres...MFP also has Romance, Self Help, Fantasy, but threads usually get shut down before it has a chance to be categorized as Erotic. That's for Kik...
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

I like some of Tarryn Fisher's books...she's BFFs with my all time fave author Colleen Hoover. Have you read any of Colleen's books?

I have. All of them. I met her a few yrs ago at a book signing :#

Edit: Maybe Someday is my all time favorite
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    I'm reading SEAL Team Six
  • mskathleen7
    mskathleen7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in the midst of Jason Fungs book "The Obesity Code", it is amazing what we do to our own bodies. I started reading to learn about obesity. I'm in that category, don't like it much, and decided to do something about it. Where are you in your newest read? :)
  • princess7955
    Options

I have. All of them. I met her a few yrs ago at a book signing :#

Edit: Maybe Someday is my all time favorite

Maybe Someday is also my fave - along with It Ends with Us. So jelly you got to meet her! She has only been up in my area in Ontario once and couldn't get there. If you're not already, join the Cohorts group on FB!
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Washington: A Life by Ron Chernow and it's very informative and entertaining. It is also a long book, over 900 pages, and with limited free time it's been tough to finish.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I just finished "a man called ove" and it was great
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    41HALu-dS%2BL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    749961.jpg

It's riveting...

also

511o90Y-EQL._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
  • Creativityfailure
    Creativityfailure Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Reading two books at the moment. First is titled Learn Better, and while it's not exactly riveting, it is an interesting and educational read. The second is As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust, which is part of the Flavia de Luce mystery series by Alan Bradley. I've found this series to be a lot of fun so far, not only with the mystery aspects, but also with Flavia's attitude and her interactions with those around her.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'm presently reading a book called "Popular", about the two kinds of popularity: likability and status; and how many people, adolescents and adults alike, worship status, despite the fact those high-status individuals generally aren't the least bit likable. There's a lot more to it than that, of course.

Halfway through. I question parts of it but I'm not ready to dismiss it altogether.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    What are you reading and how do you like it?

I've been reading the Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella and IT IS HILARIOUS. Highly recommend. If you're a girl - I don't see men really loving it. Haha.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I just read Quiet by Susan Cain, which is fantastic and please all introverts read it. Now I'm starting The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving A *kitten* and I'm very very excited