August Challenge Team 7 Drop It 'Cause We're Hot(Closed Grou

Options
Hello everyone! I'm friends with most of you as of now and hope to be friends with the rest of you soon. I encourage you all to friend each other for added support and communication through our challenge.

Here is the roster so you can talk with each other:
1 zukekitty
2 themommie
3 MOOOSEEE3
4 BethanyCee
5 spurradic
6 aybee77
7 mkaluzny
8 sass30
9 sunniebeehealthy
10 fitwatch
11 Zeus77
12 AllieK1030
13 voluptas63
14 MiniMadge
15 mandysjourney
16 MsFitnFabulous
17 bhurley1424
18 Lopez84
19 jadery24
20 seballard09

I would love it if everyone would share a little something about themselves so we can all know each other a little better. Any questions or comments or suggestions you have for me, please don't hesitate to message me!!

I'll go first:

My name is Jackie and I am 24, female, and I live in NH. I am 5'11" and currently 190.4. My goal weight is 160. I graduated not too long ago with a degree in Elementary Education and I am applying to jobs like a crazy person. I have a job for now working at a chocolate factory!:devil: I joined MFP to have support and get more info about creating a healthier me and I am loving it so far!

Your turn!!

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I am a sahm of 7 only 3 still at home ages 11, 13 and 14. I lost 105 lbs about 12 yrs ago and kept it off for 4 yrs and then got sick. Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and hypothyroid , due to meds, not feeling good, lack of exercise and comfort eating I gained back all my weight,. then I got tired of being sick and tired and joined MFP last july and have lost 77 lbs so far, I would like to lose at least 23 more lbs. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone ...........
  • fitwatch
    fitwatch Posts: 61
    Options
    Team - here is something about me. I am taking some of the information from my profile for your review. In addition to the basic information below, I am doing this alone. My only friends/family in my fitness pal are the new acquaintances that I have met here in the last week. Just joined.

Two other issues I am going to be addressing from now until year end. I have a love for carbohydrates (bread, pasta, rice, etc. which makes eating right sometimes difficult) and alcohol. With respect to the latter, I don't drink more than one or two drinks BUT I tend to have a drink every day. So, if am able to cut that out, I would lose two pounds per month just on that alone. In the next week, I am going to try to cut the alcohol consumption in half (every other day) and then eventually to just one or two days (weekends only) and then maybe just once a week. I hope this is possible. This program shows me how carbs and alcohol is making it harder to lose the excess 25-30 pounds that I carry.

Taken from my profile:

I have lost weight before and I remember how much discipline was required; to maintain one's weight is difficult especially if you enjoy eating out (it is easier to eat out as a single person than cook for one). I know what to do but I just have not had the motivation to start again. If I find a workout partner or someone with whom I can communicate, perhaps, I can stay motivated to get back on the wagon. Maybe I need a psychologist and fitness trainer to help?

start date 7/18/2011
    height 5'9"; waist 39"
    starting & heaviest weight 189 pounds
    weight one year ago 160 pounds

Targets: weight 160 lbs; waist 32" by Feb 2012
    Also, increase upper body muscle by about 5 pounds. So reach my former weight plus add 5 pounds of muscle.
  • sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    My name is Sara and I am a 30 yr old mother of 2 girls. My youngest will be 1 on Saturday and my oldest will be 8 next month. My current weight is 137 and I have a goal of 125-135 depending on how I look and feel. I work for an agency that provides vocational rehabilitation services to the physically and developmentally disabled, I work with high school students and teach them vocational skills. Currently we are running a fundraiser for our preschoolers and there are boxes of candy everywhere including right outside of my office! I tried losing weight on my own but it wasn't working. I joined MFP and wasn't 100% committed until January of this year and everything has fallen into place except getting rid of those last stubborn pounds.
    I just want to be a hot mom again! Feel free to friend me team!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Bridgette.I am 40 yrs old, married and have an 8 month old baby girl. She is the light of my life and my main motivation for losing weight and getting in shape. I want be able to keep up with her when she starts walking! My current weight is 174 and my goal is 145. I hope to be at at least 165 by the end of August. I'm looking forward to this challenge! :bigsmile:
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi you guys! My name is Angela..most of my information is on my profile, but here's a small rundown. I started MFP on 1/11/11 when a friend posted a picture of me on Facebook and tagged me in it. Here I was thinking every day how I thought I looked good. Well, that picture is what made me join. Since then I have lost 30.8 pounds, but gained 1.8 back. I'm at an even 206 right now and my goal weight is about 170-175.
    I am married, (just celebrated my 6 year wedding anniversary) and have 2 kids. Lindsay is 5 and Austin is 15. I also work for an insurance company and sit at a desk all day...and I'm still not sure how this happened...it's been 8 years so far.

Anyways, glad to get to know each of you. If you visit my profile you will see all the races I have done this year and I have even signed up for a half marathon (my first) in November. I WILL do this!

Let's go team and I look forward to taking on this challenge with you all.
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    My name is Mary. I seem to be the old lady of the group (at 54). I have been with MFP since the beginning of June and have lost 12 lbs (yeah for me). Unfortunately for you, I do not have much left to lose ( 5-8 more). I am a good walker/runner and will complete as many of the challenges as I can to earn points for the team.

I live in Wisconsin with my husband. I have a married daughter and pending grandchild, two boom-a-rang sons who have to get jobs (anyone need and attorney or an actuary) and one son still in college. I have yo-yo'd over the years and want to get healthy and down to a fighting weight. I am trying very hard not to act or look old.
  • aybee77
    aybee77 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. I'm Angela. I'm 34, married with a 5 year old. I've been yoyo dieting since college. My biggest problems are that I hate to cook and that I REALLY love sweets. I also don't exercise consistently, so I need to start. I want to get down to 140-145, so I have about 25 more pounds to go. A realistic weight loss for the month for me is 4-5 lbs.
  • zukekitty
    zukekitty Posts: 185
    Options
    Love the name for our group!

My name is Dawn. I am 49, 5'3", 144 lbs. I have been with my husband for 26 years and have a 28 year old daughter. I was one of those really skinny girls who could eat anythign all day long until I hit 30 and my metabolism came to a screeching halt. I have been on a rollercoaster ride ever since, highest around 155, lowest 127. My stretch goal is 130, but right now I would be happy to be 135 and have more than one pair of "fat jeans" to wear.

I worked with a personal trainer for about a year until April of last year. I lost a grand total of 6 lbs. I was in the best shape of my life, but the weight thing is so frustrating. I was laid off earlier this year and thought with all the extra time on my hands I would easily be able to exercise and eat right to lose the weight. It's actually been harder to do without the usual routine of going to work every day.

So I decided to give this a good try, Monday being my first serious day at it. I have had some physical ailments recently but will do my best for the team!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Hope we hear from the others in our group soon! Its great to get to know all of you and I can't wait for the support we will all get from each other. Looks like we have a great group so far!
  • Lopez84
    Lopez84 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi I'm Rebecca. I'm 27 years old, 5'1" and I weigh 202 lbs. My goal weight is 125 lbs so I have a significant amount of weight to lose. I'm excited about this challenge. Let's KICK some butt!
  • jadery24
    jadery24 Posts: 53
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm Jade, and I'm 21 years old. I've been yoyo-ing since January of 2010 when I looked at the scale and saw I had gained 30 pounds since graduating! I started at 213, now I'm down to an even 200. My ultimate goal is 155. I'm really good about going to the gym; it's binging that's my big issue.
    I go to a tiny liberal arts college in east Tennessee. I am a Music Education Major and an active member of my school's equestrian team. I'm using my singing and riding as extra inspiration to get down to a healthy weight. Can't wait to start this challenge with all of you!
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Hey, team - how about a little inspiration (and because I was in that silly kind of mood)
    Drop it ‘Cause we’re hot
    Let’s give it all we got.
    Healthly diet and exercise
    Will take us to the proper size.
    So, let’s tie on those running shoes,
    And spread the news of what we lose.
    Go team!
  • jadery24
    jadery24 Posts: 53
    Options
    I love it!!
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hey, team - how about a little inspiration (and because I was in that silly kind of mood)
    Drop it ‘Cause we’re hot
    Go team!

You seriously Rock! I love this!!
  • spurradic
    spurradic Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    hey hey :) glad im not the last one to show up :)

my name is sarah, 28 years old 5'6"-5'7" and im hovering around 195 right now. at my heaviest i was around 280 (almost 6 years ago) and my smallest 165 (almost 3 years ago). trying to get back down around 165, mostly because that was the smallest ive ever been and because for the first time in my life i actually liked the way i looked....

a little about me since i dont have anything on my profile :) im a software engineer, so i sit at a desk all day, but as of three years ago im addicted to exercise. :) lately though,due to knee surgery and just being pressed for time (who isnt...), ive been neglecting my routines and man do i miss it and man am i feeling the effects. my goal, outside of actual weight loss, is to figure out a routine that works for the time i have available and stick with it!

looking forward to this challenge! hopefully itll be the kick in the butt i need :)
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Drop it ‘Cause we’re hot
    Go team!

Great!! I love it!
  • sassyshook
    sassyshook Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am not on your team but I have to say I LOVE the team name!! :)
  • seballard09
    Options
    Hey y'all! My name is also Sarah. I'm 29 years old, 5'5", and weigh in at 147. I've never been able to consistently stay below 145, but my ultimate goal is to be somewhere between 120-125. It seems like as soon as I get down below 145, my body freaks and put those few pounds right back on. My first mini goal is to be in the 130's by my 30th birthday on 8/24. I thought this challenge would be the perfect motivation to help me reach that goal! I find the prospect of entering a new decade a bit daunting, so I thought the perfect thing to make me feel great about myself is feeling fit, healthy, and young (and rockin' the hottest bod I've ever had wouldn't hurt either :happy: ).

I've been married to an absolutely wonderful man for a little over 2 years. We literally fell in love over food. We both love to cook and love trying new recipes. Back when we were still in the friendship stage, we started getting together to cook and have been doing it ever since! Unfortunately, a life that revolves around food doesn't do much for the waistline! My husband's motto is 'bacon and cheese make everything better!!' And he's right, you know! They totally do! However, we realized we were spiraling out of control after I gained 10 lbs after we were married and he gained 25. We've been trying to eat fairly healthy for a while, but for the first time I'm really taking an honest look at what we're putting in our bodies. I LOVE this site for that and have become totally addicted!! I'm very new to it (just joined last week) and am hoping to keep this addiction for a long, long time!

Good luck to you all and good luck to me! We can do this!!!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Drop it ‘Cause we’re hot
    Go team!

That is awesome! I'm glad we have a group song now too :drinker:
  • sunniebeehealthy
    sunniebeehealthy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi new fitness friends! Yay SO excited to be a part of this group! My name is Sunnie. I am 29 years old and turning 30 in August. (Yikes! haha.) I currently weigh 172 right now and want to get to my final goal weight of 135. The heaviest I have ever been was 183 in June this year. Being healthy, building a strong support system and looking HOT ( I really want to improve my self esteem so I don't have to fake it til I make it!) are motivators for me. I fractured the head of my femur Memorial Day weekend and was rehabbing until 3 weeks ago. I was told to not run just bike and swim! Now that I'm cleared to return to activity I cannot wait to challenge myself and each other! I know how crippling it was to sit on crutches and just watch people WALK by my window at home. I wanted to join them and I couldn't..I have a strong desire to change myself and actually want to be at about it- not just talk about it. I look forward to making great friendships with you all :) CHEERS!