Options

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    dalerst wrote: »
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Wow. You did abs everyday? What were your favorite ab workouts? You look great!

Thank you . It means alot
    Rope crunches, hanging leg raise , planks, wood chopper

Wow you did it in 12 weeks nice work, I've been doing it for 6 months and don't have abs anything like you.

OP also has more muscle mass than you do (especially in the chest and abdominal region). Atleast in photos you two look similar BF level wise.

That's my point, I know I lost to much weight to fast hence the muscle mass, I went from 14st 8 down to 11st 8 in just under 5 months, I've now got the task of building the muscle back which I lost.

You can do it. :)

Slow and steady progress going forward should help minimize fat gains and help you fill out nicely. best of luck!
  • crpoll549
    crpoll549 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am grateful I stumbled on to this thread. I am starting over after a motorcycle wreck last fall. Dr just gave me the go ahead to start lifting again. I will be picking all hot brains if you don't mind.
  • dalerst
    dalerst Posts: 174 Member
    Options

Wow you did it in 12 weeks nice work, I've been doing it for 6 months and don't have abs anything like you.

OP also has more muscle mass than you do (especially in the chest and abdominal region). Atleast in photos you two look similar BF level wise.

That's my point, I know I lost to much weight to fast hence the muscle mass, I went from 14st 8 down to 11st 8 in just under 5 months, I've now got the task of building the muscle back which I lost.

Slow and steady progress going forward should help minimize fat gains and help you fill out nicely. best of luck!

Thanks you. I'm aiming for 0.5lb per week until I get to 12st 6 then assess it again from there.
  • Toughlife04
    Toughlife04 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Thanks you. I'm aiming for 0.5lb per week until I get to 12st 6 then assess it again from there.

Take it easy but do push yourself hard in the gym . You will see the difference very soon . Worrying too much will put you off. Those needs to worry who doesnt do anything about it but you are awaome as you are heading towards your goal. You just needs to be patient.
    What is your weekly splits if you dont mind telling me ???
    And how do you go about your diet ?
    Lets see if we can help as there are people out there who went through this and they know what is best for us !!!
  • dalerst
    dalerst Posts: 174 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Take it easy but do push yourself hard in the gym . You will see the difference very soon . Worrying too much will put you off. Those needs to worry who doesnt do anything about it but you are awaome as you are heading towards your goal. You just needs to be patient.
    Lets see if we can help as there are people out there who went through this and they know what is best for us !!!

I'm currently doing SL 5x5 and so far so good. My macros are 45c 25p 30f although I do try to stay under the fat and slightly over on the carbs. Calories intake is 2800 which is based on my TDEE plus 200 to get me in a small surplus. Drink lots of water around 4 litter a day

I've taken a lot of advice from the community and most of it seems to be working. So happy for anyone to help.

• Toughlife04
    Options

I'm currently doing SL 5x5 and so far so good. My macros are 45c 25p 30f although I do try to stay under the fat and slightly over on the carbs. Calories intake is 2800 which is based on my TDEE plus 200 to get me in a small surplus. Drink lots of water around 4 litter a day

I've taken a lot of advice from the community and most of it seems to be working. So happy for anyone to help.

Thats good . Keep it up and stay at the same plan for a while and then when you feel you are ready then you can add a few more to your suprlus calories if you want to gain lean muscle mass . Please update us
    Best of luck
  • taziarj
    taziarj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I am curious if your BF was really as high as 25% when you started the cut? According to the chart below, it would take about 35 weeks to cut from 25% down to 8% BF. Looking at the before photo, were you closer to 17-18%.

https://www.muscleforlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/mlf-six-pack-chart.png

Source: https://www.muscleforlife.com/how-long-to-get-six-pack-abs/
  • taziarj
    taziarj Posts: 243 Member
    Options

Haters goin hate! Haha

Not trying to hate, but it should be clear to any newbs, if you have no previous training prior to the 12 weeks, you certainly won't get the same results that the OP got in 12 weeks. You will never get bulk of that size in 12 weeks, especially in a deficit. The OP certainly has a lot more training behind them than the 12 week cut they went through.

I certainly hope to be in the same place myself one day where the OP is today. Definitely results to be proud of.
  • MassarDv
    MassarDv Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    u2hdrjqsfx1s.jpg

Looks like you lifted over 100 pounds on your chest 3 times every week plus you did a lot of heavy shoulder and arms workout over 120 pounds 3 days per week .

What's your body weight and height now ?How much did you eat every day ?

I m sure you never missed your Bcaa before and after workout and casein/protein before bed .
    I have seen muscle mass retained well when you take Bcaa's .

• Toughlife04
    Options
    MassarDv wrote: »
    u2hdrjqsfx1s.jpg

Looks like you lifted over 100 pounds on your chest 3 times every week plus you did a lot of heavy shoulder and arms workout over 120 pounds 3 days per week .

I m sure you never missed your Bcaa before and after workout and casein/protein before bed .

My weekly splits : chest and triceps, Back and biceps, Legs, Shoulders , biceps and triceps and in the 6th day i will do either chest and back or biceps and triceps
    And i do abs workout three times a week.
    I drink Bccas (myprotein.com bcaa)throught the day and also i take intra workout Bcaa (machine fuel from Tiger fitness.com) . Post workout Optimum nutrition 100% weigh protein and casein before bed and on my off days i only drink bcaas
    Meals : i dont count macros
    Breakfast : Oats meals with some nuts
    Lunch : i go to gym around 1pm so i eat after my workout. There is no specific time but after the post workout shake whenever i feel like i am ready to eat then i go for it and my meals are quite simple . Fish, chicken or Turkey with rice and sweet potatos.
    Dinner : i drink lots of water or try to drink as much water as i can during lunch and dinner time and the dinner meal is most of the time the same as lunch but some times i will do intermittent fasting for two weeks and then one week or two weeks normal diet depends in how i feel . If i feel a bit heavey and bloated the i will carry on with fasting .
    I left as heavey as i can on bench press, squats and deadlifts
    My off day in the week is always my cheat day and that day i will eat burger, pizza , ice cream , i mean whatever i wished for the week before lol
    I will always treat myself but offcourse i regret it straight away but its preparing your mind for the coming week and killing the craving for that junk food.
    Hope this helps
  • Toughlife04
    Options
    MassarDv wrote: »
    u2hdrjqsfx1s.jpg

Sorry i forgot to mention that i eat vegetables like broccoli, cucumber etc etc with meals
    And yes i do heavey chest and shoulders and before every chest and back workout i hit shoulders for a few sets for warm up and a bit of pump .
    For me my shoulders , chest and abs are the best part of my body and these days i m working on my legs and back quite often .

• Toughlife04
    Options
    taziarj wrote: »
    I am curious if your BF was really as high as 25% when you started the cut? According to the chart below, it would take about 35 weeks to cut from 25% down to 8% BF. Looking at the before photo, were you closer to 17-18%.

I dont have any picture before the one i uploaded here. I had started cardio and running with no weight training at all . I will look for those pictures and will upload them here and to be honest i hate those pictures and i dont want to see myself like that anymore . I want to look forwatd niot backwards. Those pictures makes me sick.
    I know that i used to hate myself whenever i used to look at my body in the mirror which motivated me to take the charge and make changes. I didnt follow any programe and had no instructor. Whatever i learned , i learnt it from youtube. But let me tell you that i did 6 days a week training for 90 minutes wieghts and 30 minutes Hiit Cardio with no excuses and i always eat clean except one day in a week. I dont miss around in the gym . Experts recommend 45 to 90 seconds break during the stes and i will hardly take a 40 seconds break during my sets . So just imagine that i was loosing calories during Hiit Cardio as well as in weight training while staying in calories deficit . I do a lot of super sets and trisets.
    Its not a rocket science . Yes fat loss is a steady process but it depends how you go about it. You can loose very fast if you to extreme diet and training regime. I didnt had any muscels that time so i didnt had to worry about loosing muscel mass .
  • Toughlife04
    Options
    taziarj wrote: »

I dont know for sure if i was at 25% BF since i started training but my BF was measured by a training instructer at the gym with bodyfat measurement Caliper which my or maynot be the accurat tool to measure your body fat but thats how i been told about 25% BF
  • liyes17
    liyes17 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!
  • WeighandPray
    WeighandPray Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was curious how you stayed at calorie deficit without counting calories, but after reading your diet plan, it seems clear. Really great job! Your results are fantastic.
  • Toughlife04
    Options
    I was curious how you stayed at calorie deficit without counting calories, but after reading your diet plan, it seems clear. Really great job! Your results are fantastic.

Thank you
  • hzl22
    hzl22 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Great job! How does your intermediate fasting schedule look like?
  • amtbhatnagar
    amtbhatnagar Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    OP you are brilliant I was also 26% body fat in Feb 17 but did not reach as far as you :-) I am on 19% today .
    @taziarj thank u for the six-pack-chart , it says I should take 17 weeks to reach where I am today but i took 21 weeks ( not too far ).
    I would appreciate if anyone can advise me on my next goal :-) 15% BF , I do 45 min weight training and 45 min circuit training ,
    1)I am on 1700 calorie intake right now with 40% carb 35% protein and 25% fat do I need to change it .
    2) Whats the best approach to reach 15% fat I believe journey is tougher now .
  • Toughlife04
    Options
    hzl22 wrote: »
    Great job! How does your intermediate fasting schedule look like?

My eating window is from 3pm to 11pm. Thats the most active time of my day and thats why i kept this window to eat and to burn it straight away while i am active.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!