(POST 3) BATTLE OF THE BULGE - Summer Slimdown Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• elcar7
    elcar7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    BOB 2 was quite bad for me, so thinking about what I've achieved it a good thing ;)

I learn what's good for me (even though I don't choose the right things too often) and I am still staying in the same program, and didn't drop out!!!
  • journey2size10
    Options
    What are one or two (or more) things that you are most proud of so far?
    I'm proud of working out consistently for over 2 years now!
    I'm proud of not drinking soda hardly ever and just water and crystal light.

What really motivates you to stay on your path to a healthy life?
    I know I'm not done yet, I haven't reached my goal. I know once I reach it then the hard part of maintaining will be an adventure.
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm proud that I have spent over 6 months actively losing weight. In the past I've fallen off after about 4 months or so, but this time I know everything is different. I feel like I have all the tools necessary to not only achieve my goal weight, but to maintain it. I love my active life.

The real motivator for me is just seeing my son's face everyday. Knowing he won't grow up obese like I did because he has someone in his life who knows about eating a healthy, balanced diet and the importance of physical activity. That is what gets me out of bed at 3am to hit the gym.
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Wow, this summer is really flying by!! I am proud of myself for staying with MFP since January - I haven't stayed with any weight loss attempt this long in the past, and I'm thrilled with my progress. I am proud of myself for trying new things on this journey - like Zumba, which I absolutely love! What motivates me? My family, the fact that I feel physically better than before, my clothes fitting better, and the awesome support on MFP!!
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    171948,xcitefun-have-good-tuesday-1.gif

TUESDAY JULY 26TH - DAY 71- "STAYING ALIVE!!!"

Today's challenge brought to us by: :drinker: sheBB

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK
    This week we are going to focus on physical activity! Challenges each day will be physical in nature.

Extra Challenge: Get an extra hour or two of sleep tonight/ during the week.

DAILY CHALLENGE/TIP

Time for YOU!! While many people make time to take care of others (kids, spouse, other family, co-workers, boss), they don’t often make time to take care of themselves. Instead, make your “you” time a priority, and don’t miss your workout.
    So for today since it is a NEW DAY I want you to put YOU first.Think of you,your workout, your healthy meal, doing your nails, giving yourself a facial whatever the case may be.

At the end of the day reflect on the way you feel, being PROUD of yourself & your accomplishments(so very important) however small or large they may be. You are your own HERO.

MOTIVATIONAL SONGS OF THE DAY
    1. New DAy-Patti Labelle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dl6aSzp-F0&feature=fvsr

2.PROUD-Heather Small http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecklqEo9QQc

3.Search for the Hero-Heather Small http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie78VtBtwBI&feature=related

*we have people from Australia to Austria of all backgrounds, ages, and ethnicities so my songs will be varied each day to accommodate ;-)

SHARE YOUR SECRETS TO SUCCESS:
    What have you done to put yourself first today? what have you done to make yourself proud?

SHOUT OUT:Prplangl4,(Kristy) I don't think it's been said enough, thank you, thank you, thank you,for all your hard work & dedication you are doing a fabulous job here & it's much appreciated!!!!Hugs

STAY MOTIVATED: VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge
  • journey2size10
    Options

What have you done to put yourself first today? what have you done to make yourself proud?

I signed up for my first month of crossfit classes! Its' pricey, but I've done a week of a free trial and loved it!
    I am proud that whenever I start a workout, I always finish it. today's workout was rough and I felt like crying, but everyone kept pushing me, telling me I could do it and I finished! :drinker:
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Today I decided instead of cleaning the house I would workout first. It felt great & I had lots of energy to clean, in fact I probably did more housework since I had so much energy. To make myself proud I went to they gym for 1 & 1/2 hours. I got a glimpse of myself in the mirror & I can see the changes in my body, my legs & arms are getting toned & my face is so much smaller. I am proud of what I have accomplished so far on this journey. I now walk with a purpose.
  • kacione
    kacione Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am proud of everything that I have accomplished. From raising seven children to be wonderful adults to making my health a priority.
    What have I done for me? I have gotten back to walking daily (I am dog sitting and buddy needs to wear off energy so walking is great) and try to do about 5k per day after an 8 hour shift of physical work.
  • kacione
    kacione Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Don't know where todays post is. It was sent in on Monday. :sad:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    don't cry:flowerforyou: it'll be alright!
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I am proud of the work I do every day working with children and families. I am also proud of the fact that although I really struggle with actually losing weight I have not stopped working out and trying to eat right.
  • prplangl4
    Options
    sorry-comment-001.gif

*sorry all I didn't post yesterday or today's BOB posts even though they were sent to me* I've been slammed at work and other things I completely forgot to even come on here!!! @kacione and summer_of_69 thank you for sending your posts! I will be using them

(this week's posts might be posted out of order but if I received a post from you it will be used!!!)

BOB winners for week 10 will be posted by the end of today!
  • prplangl4
    Options
    thursday-5.gif

THURSDAY JULY 28TH - Day 73!!

Today's challenge brought to us by: :drinker: kacione

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK
    This week we are going to focus on physical activity! Challenges each day will be physical in nature.

DAILY CHALLENGE/TIP
    We have all worked hard to get to this point and we need to give ourselves a pat on the back. We have surprised ourselves with some of our accomplishments and with our ability to succeed. To help us focus on what we have done, think about where you were when you started this journey and the physical breakthroughs you have made. Now challenge yourself to do at least10 - 15 minutes more of physical activity each day than you have done in the past. Push yourself just a little bit harder that you thought you could. We also need to remember where we were in the beginning and be proud of where we are.

These are some of my favourite walking songs
    1) I will survive- Gloria Gaynor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBR2G-iI3-I
    2) Stayin’ Alive- Beegees http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY&ob=av3e
    3) These Boots are made for walking- Nancy Sinatra http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mel1UPJF-ts&feature=fvst

We all know that we sometimes tell ourselves that we can’t do this or that. What do you do when you find yourself not wanting to push to the end of a workout or exercise that is difficult? How do you block that little voice that says ‘I can’t”

• LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    :glasses: I did it! I gave myself an extra hour of sleep last night and it really feels great! I am gonna try it again tonight!

Thanks for the challenge on Tuesday to sheBB, I really adore my sleep and always try to get at least 7:yawn:

I just heard today that before electricity was invented, ppl typically got up to 12 hours of sleep each night:wink:

Can you imagine how great that would feel!! :happy: Even now, it is recommended that ppl get 8-9 hours a night!

:heart: Best wishes to all my Bob pals:heart:
  • sheBB
    Options
    You're so welcome rabbitslave, it does make a difference doesn't it. I can't imagine 12 hours of sleep a night that must have been great. Sleep, like diet and exercise, is important for our minds and bodies to function normally, so we should be striving for at least 8 hours a night. All the best to you.:smile:
  • sheBB
    Options
    Thursdays Challenge:
    I began this journey in May. Tired, found it difficult to breathe, did not want to do much of anything. Two months later & almost 30 lbs lighter I find it easier to breathe & enjoying working out each day. I like what I see & want it to continue, that's what pushes me when I feel like stopping,I like the feeling I get after I'm finished a good workout. The thought that I am reaching my goal of becoming healthy & looking great pushes me each & every day. I am so proud of what I have accomplished so far, I think I will give myself a patn the back, thanks Kacione. Happy Friday BOBers.
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I began this journey at the beginning of this year as my New Year's Resolution. Jan 11th I began working out at the gym on campus after the semester started. I always find that spring semesters are more stressful for some reason, so I had plenty of challenges with my weight and trying to find a balance. I also celebrated my 22nd birthday in March, then my boyfriend's birthday at the end of March. April saw my sister, my dad, my mother-in-law, and my grandma's birthday while my mom's and first cousin's birthdays were in May. Once I finally stopped dreaming about cake and velveeta dip, I got serious and have lost 28 lbs so far and want to lose a total of 62 to be at 145 lbs by the end of the year. It's all or nothing now. My boyfriend really helps me on days when I don't want to do my workouts (I'm in the middle of P90X and some days I want to do anything but the workouts) by volunteering to do them with me and being supporting, even though he tries to offer me his fast food countless times lol. I also have this picture of myself taken sometime during my first year of college where I was the thinnest that I've ever been. I have it thumb tacked next to the bathroom mirror so that I can see it every morning and night and now that I can do this. It's also inspirational coming home on the weekends and my granny making such a fuss over how much weight I've lost. So that makes me push through my workouts :)
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    My book, see the thread below, says to write a list of advantages and read them everyday. Then you can remember exactly why you want to lose weight--have it right on the front of your mind constantly. It works!
  • journey2size10
    Options
    We all know that we sometimes tell ourselves that we can’t do this or that. What do you do when you find yourself not wanting to push to the end of a workout or exercise that is difficult? How do you block that little voice that says ‘I can’t”

sounds vulgar (which I can be at times, lol) but I tell myself "I ain't no punk b**ch!!....if they can do it, so can you!"'
    I always talk to myself (in my mind) like this and do countdowns for the reps, which always helps.
  • prplangl4
    Options
    Friday-Glitters-9.gif

FRIDAY JULY 29 - DAY 74 - "Go the Distance!"

Today's challenge brought to us by: :drinker: lclarkjr

WEEK 10 CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK

DAILY CHALLENGE/TIP
    All right BOB-Nation, we are down to the wire. Our first weighin for the last 5 weeks is almost here so now is not the time to sit on our duff. Let’s get moving people!! The challenge for today is to move your body for at least 30 minutes. It doesn’t matter what the activity is, just get moving. Instead of lying by the pool, swim some laps. Instead of sitting at home watching sports, go outside and play! Move people, MOVE! Exercise doesn’t have to be boring, tedious, or mind numbing. The trick is to find an activity you enjoy doing so it doesn’t seem like a chore. That way you actually look forward to your workouts.

As always, best wishes to all of our BOB Challenge participants! Go out and make this week COUNT!

Going the Distance – Cake http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__PU5CVSegg
    I Like to Move it – Reel 2 Real http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyx4v1QFzhQ
    Walk it out – DJ UNK http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxjZM-d_ShI

Since we are in the middle of Summer here in the northern hemisphere, how is everyone staying cool? Have you taken your workouts inside to beat the heat, or just taken to the pool instead? What are you doing to beat the heat waves and still get in your workouts?