Alli / Xenical, Does It Work? (Please Only Answer If You Have Actually Taken It)

Options

Replies

• srk369
    srk369 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I saw this thread mentioned yesterday in another thread but didn't have time to read it. Since it was bumped today, I decided to give it a read. OMG....hilarious and terrifying at the same time. I remember contemplating this several years ago and am so glad I decided not to!
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My GP put me on it... still on it after 2 months and a bit.... 1x disaster, fortunately at home, 1 x near miss in Waitrose when I had to run and leave the shopping at checkout.... I was not binging on pizza or cheese, just misjudged a Chinese where the noodles turned out to be stir fried. Did not take a pill that night but delayed reaction the following morning. Now I am truly sticking to the limit of 45g max fat per day and am watching carbs but still having them. 1 stone down so far and 2 more to go before a hip op. I can't do much exercise due to severe pain and this is why my GP prescribed the pills. Ironically hubby has lost over a stone without the pills just by eating my lowish fat recipes. hope this helps people! When I get near to my ideal weight I will come off them completely..... but I am having around 1650 cals a day on average and eating a fairly reasonable diet. Staying away from low fat foods apart from 2% Greek yoghurt which I love...

I have to lose 5% of my body weight in three months in order to get prescribed more. I have met that target. Losing approx 1 lb a week so very slow but at least it is in the right direction!
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I took Xenical for about 2 months, my Doctor talked me into it. This was 16 years ago. It was gross. For all of the reasons listed above. And it did not help me lose weight.

I wonder what would happen if I took it now, while on a low carb high fat (Keto diet). Oh wow, I feel a little weird just thinking about it. :D
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Enjcg5 wrote: »
    I vote this as the best thread on MFP. I almost *kittened on myself at all these stories/comments!

Of all the zombie threads...

:laugh:
  • PatriNina
    PatriNina Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    This thread has some serious evergreen content... always a good read :smiley:
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I had been on a weightloss drug that was pulled on account it gave people suicidal thought so my gp insisted i had to take orlistat ( i was very young and wouldnt dare go against my doctors advice )

I followed thd low fat diet plan and exercised
    We went to my husbands bosses house and since i wouldnt be able to eat the curry due to the fat content the wife speciallyade me some savory rice..... just vegetables she said

In the taxi on the way home a small warm sensation started and some stomach pains. Ive never clenched my bum cheeks so tightly.
    I begged the driver to go faster while i prayed to every god or magical creature i could think of and penguin waddled into the house as soon as we pulled up. Bit of mess to the underwear but the taxi seat made it unscathed

Turned out she had fried the vegetables and uncooked rice in lots of ghee

I went back go the doctors a few days later for a weigh in....... only lost 4lb and got told off by the doctor who insisted i should have eaten more fat in order for it to work...... umm nope, refused the next months prescription

Wouldn't more fat just give you diarrhea?
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I had been on a weightloss drug that was pulled on account it gave people suicidal thought so my gp insisted i had to take orlistat ( i was very young and wouldnt dare go against my doctors advice )

I followed thd low fat diet plan and exercised
    We went to my husbands bosses house and since i wouldnt be able to eat the curry due to the fat content the wife speciallyade me some savory rice..... just vegetables she said

In the taxi on the way home a small warm sensation started and some stomach pains. Ive never clenched my bum cheeks so tightly.
    I begged the driver to go faster while i prayed to every god or magical creature i could think of and penguin waddled into the house as soon as we pulled up. Bit of mess to the underwear but the taxi seat made it unscathed

Turned out she had fried the vegetables and uncooked rice in lots of ghee

I went back go the doctors a few days later for a weigh in....... only lost 4lb and got told off by the doctor who insisted i should have eaten more fat in order for it to work...... umm nope, refused the next months prescription

Wouldn't more fat just give you diarrhea?

Yes, yes it would hence the reason i refused the second months prescription