Week 1 – C25K Running Group

Options

Replies

• lovinlulu
    lovinlulu Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Completed week 1 day 2 this morning.

I am not a morning person either but I got it done.
    I was excited to get back at it just wished I was still in bed :)
    During... well to be honest around minute 17/18 I want to give up, I have convinced myself to keep going!
    After, I felt good and sweaty and like I had accomplished something.
    I am actually disappointed that I can't do it again tomorrow!
  • Hoteffinmess
    Hoteffinmess Posts: 121
    Options
    I'm on Week 3 and still can't make it through the first day. I have a hard time after the first 3 minute run.
  • MistyDC29
    MistyDC29 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hot, are you running too fast? That has been a problem for me. I keep wanting to push it.
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Today was Week 1, day 1 for me. Had a rough TOM this weekend and wasn't up to running on Monday. Or Tuesday. BUT today I made sure to get myself to the gym and on a treadmill!

Before C25K today I felt: Nervous and excited! I was excited to start, but nervous to go to the gym at my apartment complex -- I've lived here 3 1/2 years and only been in the gym once because I'm afraid to run into other people! I'm a little shy. :embarassed:

During C25K today I felt: Happy with myself that I braved the gym! Apprehensive, because I haven't been exercising regularly, and I wasn't sure if I could push through the whole workout. It wasn't easy -- my legs were tired, and I was afraid that I'd slip off the treadmill while running -- but I didn't let myself give up!

After C25K today I felt: Wobbly and sore and breathless and hot! But after a nice cool shower, I felt really good -- physically, mentally, emotionally -- I was proud of myself for going, proud of myself for pushing through and completing the whole workout even though it wasn't comfortable and I was scared. And I definitely got an endorphin rush!

I have a question about: Nothing!

So far I think C25K is: Challenging, but totally worth it!

Happy running, all!
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Oh -- starting weight is 183.2. I'm hoping to lose 9-18 lbs by the end of week 9.
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Options
    I'm on Week 3 and still can't make it through the first day. I have a hard time after the first 3 minute run.

How fast are you jogging? I find that the second three minute run is actually easier for me right now, not sure why. If you have the app though or are watching the timer on the tredmill/watch don't! I've been flipping my IPOD over so I can't see the time and just run looking up it helps though I do wonder how much longer it seems to go by faster than watching it second by second. I also have a song that helps me keep pace through the 3 minute (Miles from where you are by Karismatik) I love the beat.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    W1D2 Complete!

Before: Tired and unmotivated because I didn't sleep well the night before.
    During: I wanted to cry and kept telling my hub (on the treadmill next to me) that I just can't do it. He didn't allow me to quit.
    After: I was irritated at my hub because he wouldn't let me quit!
    Right Now: I'm sore, but happy that I stuck it out, and got some extra weights done after the walk/run!!
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Options
    Sorry for spelling calves, calfs lol i knew it didn't look right and was bothering me!
  • mkba05
    mkba05 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ahhh I found the C25k Board!!
    I start Week 4 on Saturday. I am SOOO not a runner either, so for me to get this far has bene a miracle. Something just clicked in me and having this "goal" has been a life-saver! I'm loving it so far and when I feel like I can't make it, I just keep remembering how good I've done so far... and generally it's only another 30 seconds or so.

My main thing, is I need to up the pace. I'm running at like a 4.5 and I'm seeing a lot of you running faster than that. I guess it's all an individual thing. If I can just get through is my goal and as time goes on, I hope to up the pace.

I run a treadmill and loving it. Living in Oklahoma there isn't much of a option of cooler weather to run in. But, I guess right now the whole country is feeling this... I can't wait til Sept - Oct when the weather is much milder, then I'll make it my new challenge to run outdoors! YIPPEE!! :)

Thanks for letting me join!
  • fmbarbuto
    fmbarbuto Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My main thing, is I need to up the pace. I'm running at like a 4.5 and I'm seeing a lot of you running faster than that. I guess it's all an individual thing. If I can just get through is my goal and as time goes on, I hope to up the pace.

I question this myself each time I turn on that treadmill and I went back to the coolrunning.com site and saw this:

"Don't feel pressured to continue faster than you're able. Repeat weeks if needed and move ahead only when you feel you're ready."

Just something to keep in mind! :smile:
  • twinzn24me
    Options
    Good Job!! I, too, am doing the C25K...and I am NOT a runner either! (And I am wayyy older than ya'll!) But, my goal is to run a 5k in December (already signed up) and to get in better shape and be healthy...hence, the program! I am on my 5th week but I do each "Week" twice, so I call them "Levels". I am on "Level" 3 day 3 tomorrow. I live in Virginia and the weather is awful...but I have done all but one run outside. I want to be ready for hills, etc when I do my 5k. I agree with Fran...the pace doesnt matter...just that you are doing it is awesome! Hang in there.....YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Before C25K today I felt: sluggish... and tired
    During C25K today I felt: even more tired... but my dog kept me going!
    After C25K today I felt: great
    So far I think C25K is: unreal :) I can't wait...

I'm on week 2 now... and I did week 1 twice (just to make sure i was good). I play lots of hockey so running isn't an issue but its improving my level of play already.
  • andice224
    andice224 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just started C25K earlier this week and i can't wait to see what i can accomplish with it!! :)
  • rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    Options
    I finally conquered week 2 day 3 yesterday. I only had to slow my pace for one of the six runs.

After I finished I stayed on the treadmill for another half hour. I felt good, so I jogged occasionally. I ended up loging 3.5 miles!

Surprisingly, I feel great today, and I have a sitter, so I'm heading back to the gym where I will attempt Week 3 Day 1.

Wish me luck!

Oh...and I'm running nowhere near a 6.0 mph. My jogs are usually done at 4.5 and my walks at 3.0-3.5.
  • mkba05
    mkba05 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    RainVC how awesome!!! Congrats on conquering!!! :)
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Before C25K today I felt: like i need to exercise
    During C25K today I felt: l hv a goal in mind
    After C25K today I felt: i'm going to reac my goal
    So far I think C25K is: ok, I hope that I can run for 90 seconds next week bc I almost stopped on 60 seconds.
    I AM TRYING TO DO BETTER!
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    :flowerforyou: AWESOME JOB EVERYONE!:flowerforyou:

After a rough few days I am finally able to relax. I just finished my W1D2 C25K jog/walk. I must say that I was excited to do it!

Before I was excited. I couldn't wait to start jogging.

During I was sweating, A LOT!

After I was so happy that I completed another day. After the 5 minute walk at the end I did a 10 second full out run home (and it felt great!).

I really think C25K is going to help me acheive a lot of my goals I have set for myself:
    1. Drop some weight
    2. Be able to run a 5k

Keep up the good work everyone!:drinker:

M.:heart:
  • psychofied
    psychofied Posts: 138
    Options
    Hoping to finish week 1 day 2 tomorrow. Wish me luck x)
  • rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words! :)

This thread is great. I love reading about everyone's successes, and their struggles, as I know I'm not alone!

Yesterday, I gave up my rest day and hit the treadmill for week 3 day 1. I was TERRIFIED before beginning. Nevertheless I gave it a go....

AND I DID IT!

I was so shocked, amazed, and thrilled that I completed the day.

I stayed on the treadmill for another 30 minutes again and ended up logging a total of 3.4 miles. I added some jogging into my "extra" time.

Definitely resting today though....lol
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words! :)

This thread is great. I love reading about everyone's successes, and their struggles, as I know I'm not alone!

Yesterday, I gave up my rest day and hit the treadmill for week 3 day 1. I was TERRIFIED before beginning. Nevertheless I gave it a go....

AND I DID IT!

I was so shocked, amazed, and thrilled that I completed the day.

I stayed on the treadmill for another 30 minutes again and ended up logging a total of 3.4 miles. I added some jogging into my "extra" time.

Definitely resting today though....lol
    Awesome job! I think if we push ourselves we could really see what our bodies can actually do. Just overcome the fear of not succeeding

M.:heart: