Office goodies and how to avoid them?

Options
13»

Replies

• narspips
    narspips Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    We have a 'treat shelf' in our office where people deposit home-baked goodies or treats they bought on their trips, so nobody actually gets directly offered things. It's a nice system because you know the stuff is there and you can have some if you want, but it does help to alleviate temptation as you have to physically get up to go and grab something :)
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Remember that one of the reasons people bring stuff to work is because they don't want to gain weight themselves. They hope their coworkers will help them get rid of it so it is no longer a temptation.
  • InkAndApples
    InkAndApples Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I eat it if it fits into my calories, which most days treats do as I tend to only eat while at work (I don't have an evening meal) so even though my calorie goal is low I still seem to have plenty to play with. Actually this Friday ALL my calories were treats - the curse of end of term celebrations.

If I don't want food I've found that "I'm good, thanks" is an almost magical phrase. For some reason people don't push when I say that, lots of other declining phrases seem to result in "oh go on" but "I'm good, thanks" seems to prevent it.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    praykathy wrote: »

General rules-I made a rule in my 20's not to eat sweets before lunch. I found that much of it is gone by lunch...like Friday donut club...gone by lunch.

I do something similar to this ^

Generally I try an resist for as long as possible, it's usually in the afternoon slump (between 3pm and finishing time for me) I get "snacky", by then it's usually all gone, it's a surprise if anything is left at lunch time (my colleagues are like vultures if there's food up for grabs) or if there is its usually not that nice, green tea kitkats from Japan and some orange flower flavoured cookie from France spring to mind, the latter was truly yuk took one bite, and binned the rest.

Most of the time this strategy works if it's really yummy I cave and try and make it work.