What foods do you like but others hate?

Options

Replies

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    fatvegan88 wrote: »
    La Croix, spirulina, Greek yogurt, raw meal, cilantro... I could go on

We just got La Croix in Canada and it's life changing.
    I love'm, great alternative to soda

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts

Omg no wonder I like you. I love Brussel sprouts
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts

I LOVE brussel sprouts and lima beans.... Even as a kid. I was a weird kid. :laugh:
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts

I LOVE brussel sprouts and lima beans.... Even as a kid. I was a weird kid. :laugh:

Lima beans were my favorite food as a kid
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts

Lima beans were my favorite food as a kid

I would have contests with my mom and brothers about who can get the most on the fork and eat it lol
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Claxton fruit cake.

Okra.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that some people have a genetic predisposition to cilantro tasting like soap.

yeah, it does to me. but it's not only that - the taste LINGERS. i find it impossible to get out of my mouth once it's got in, and it sort of overrides and shows through everything else. that may bother me more than the soap factor.

because my two unpopular things that i love are floral gums and that thrills chewing gum that 'tastes like soap'.

if pickled herring means roll-mops, i'm all about them. i only like fish if it's been so violently pickled/salted that its basic nature has been denatured. and their texture fascinates me.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Olives, anchovies, saurkraut, pickled onions, kimchi,... all the salty vinegary things which tend to attract hate
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Liver! Love liver. And chicken hearts.
    I also love - and always have loved, even as a child - all the chewy, fatty and gristly bits of meat you can get in a stew or in a roast - I always found plain lean meat somewhat boring. My language (Croatian) has a great name for those off-cut bits of meat - žlundre. The way the word sounds, it implies something disgusting, but I always enjoyed eating them.

Oh and I'm definitely one of those people to whom cilantro tastes disgustingly soapy - my description is "rotting washing up liquid".
  • healthypelican
    healthypelican Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Leeks, brussel sprouts
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Black chick peas, soreen malt loaf, sprouts, marmite, fennel, baobab powder.

These are just a few of the things that my staff have called me weird for eating.
  • healthypelican
    healthypelican Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Olives, cous cous
  • Amyfinch0
    Amyfinch0 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Pickled eggs!
  • Lhen1989
    Lhen1989 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    kimchi
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Brussels sprouts, cabbage, sauerkraut, sardines, liver, pickled herring, cilantro.........apparently all the weird stuff!!!
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Pickled anything - especially asparagus, Brussels sprouts and beets. I have an Amish market near my home where I pick up jars of it all on saturdays. Usually gone within a week or two.

Walden Farms Super Fruit vinaigrette - most of their stuff is BLECK, but for some reason this salad dressing in particular always tastes amazing to me. I know it's so super fake since it's zero calories, but I figure most of what I eat is real food, so I can sub in a little fakeness once in a while especially since I really do love the flavor of it!
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Underwood deviled ham spread on Ritz crackers.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    oooo chicken liver. dredged and panfried with a clove of garlic.

i like tinned asparagus. and i like that swedish crispbread stuff that tastes of pretty much nothing at all. and plain unsalted rice crackers. the flavoured ones are gross.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Seafood raw sushi...