Hair loss

Options
Hey people hope you are all good. I started clean eating back in December 2016 with the weight of 60kgs and now I am 52kgs after alot of cheat meals and now that I am near to my goal weight I.e. 48kgs I am facing the problem of hairloss. Has anyone faced this during clean eating I am stressing over it what should I do?
Should I stop this diet immediately of give it a pause... what should I do to make my hair strong its getting worse day by day. I am afraid terrified kindly suggest me something so that I can enhance my diet chart and take nutrients which are better for my hair.
Thank you in advance...:-)

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    What is your daily protein intake? Below 46 grams/day? Anything stressful happen in your life? Pregnancy? Menopause?
  • faizawaseem1
    faizawaseem1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    kindly reply people I really need suggestions I am so depressed due to this hair loss situation
  • faizawaseem1
    Options
    What is your daily protein intake? Below 46 grams/day? Anything stressful happen in your life? Pregnancy? Menopause?

Well I normally take chicken steak or chicken tikka +eggs
    Apart from that I take oat roti and any stew and snacks in between + the seasonal fruits
    I am unmarried. No problem in the menstrual cycle as well.
    And as far as stress is concerned occasional stress like exams results grades etc. Nothing serious
  • faizawaseem1
    Options

Well I normally take chicken steak or chicken tikka +eggs
    Apart from that I take oat roti and any stew and snacks in between + the seasonal fruits
    I am unmarried. No problem in the menstrual cycle as well.
    And as far as stress is concerned occasional stress like exams results grades etc. Nothing serious
    The major stress these days for me is only hair loss

• faizawaseem1
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Look at:

1) total calorie intake

2) protien intake

3) fat intake

4) vitamins and minerals

If any of these are low, it can cause malnutrition and hair loss is one if the signs. Look over your diary logs to see where you have been missing nutrition.

It would also be a good idea to check with your doctor. There are blood tests that would be wise to have checked.

Thanks alot I have been stressing over it for a month
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Look at:

1) total calorie intake

2) protien intake

3) fat intake

4) vitamins and minerals

If any of these are low, it can cause malnutrition and hair loss is one if the signs. Look over your diary logs to see where you have been missing nutrition.

It would also be a good idea to check with your doctor. There are blood tests that would be wise to have checked.

I have no doubt. Look over your logs. Unfortunately, it may take some time to reverse the existing damage, but better to fix it now.
  • faizawaseem1
    Options
    Look at:

1) total calorie intake

2) protien intake

3) fat intake

4) vitamins and minerals

I have no doubt. Look over your logs. Unfortunately, it may take some time to reverse the existing damage, but better to fix it now.

I hope it gets better fat and protein intake seems perfect to me its the vitamins I guess.
  • SusanTootie
    SusanTootie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with hair loss. My hair seems to be very thin on the top of my head. My hair dresser says it's because I'm losing weight. (I've lost 55 lbs since Thanksgiving 2016. She said she's seen it many times throughout her years of doing hair and that my body will adjust and I will have new growth. I hope so because I too am stressed.
  • faizawaseem1
    Options
    Go to a doctor. Ask to be tested for anemia and thyroid disorders. Also, if you are on some medications you should ask whether hair loss is a side effect. Some hair loss can be reversed, but it will take time. It's hard to know to what extent your diet may be impacting your hair loss. My sister and I have thinning hair (I'm 57) just like my grandmother did.

Good luck! I hope you find the answers you need.

I am not on any kind of medication but I'll definitely get these tests done. And I am just 23 hairloss seems like a big big trauma to me. It's not even genetic my mother and grandmother had strong long hair even I had long n strong hair it started all of a sudden I noticed it about 2 months ago but this hairfall started in late april as far as I remember.
  • faizawaseem1
    Options
    I have the same issue with hair loss. My hair seems to be very thin on the top of my head. My hair dresser says it's because I'm losing weight. (I've lost 55 lbs since Thanksgiving 2016. She said she's seen it many times throughout her years of doing hair and that my body will adjust and I will have new growth. I hope so because I too am stressed.

Same is the case with me top of the head.. I almost feel bald since I have always had long n strong hair and now this hairloss situation its alarmingthats stressing me
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    Look at:

1) total calorie intake

2) protien intake

3) fat intake

4) vitamins and minerals

I hope it gets better fat and protein intake seems perfect to me its the vitamins I guess.

Maybe, but do see your doctor. As another poster mentioned, there could be medical issues that need attention as well.
  • faizawaseem1
    Options
    Look at:

1) total calorie intake

2) protien intake

3) fat intake

4) vitamins and minerals

Maybe, but do see your doctor. As another poster mentioned, there could be medical issues that need attention as well.

I will. Thanks for the guidance all you pretty ladies...:-)
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    First off - "clean eating" doesn't mean much and far from makes sure you gets the right nutrients - it's possible you've cut out some important nutrients your body needs.

That rate of loss is quite significant - sounds like you've averaged not too far off 2lb a week. If you've had lots of higher calorie days, then does suggest a decent calorie restriction. I'm not too far off my current goal weight of 70kg and wouldn't be looking to lose that quickly.

So nearing 48kg, that does seem to be particularly fast.

So I would tone it down at least and look to continue with a gradual weight lost at best, or consider going to a a maintenance level for a bit - and remember that for the most part 'clean eating' is merely a method to get a calorie restriction - it doesn't offer many other decent benefits and can have issues too.
  • faizawaseem1
    Options
    geebusuk wrote: »
    First off - "clean eating" doesn't mean much and far from makes sure you gets the right nutrients - it's possible you've cut out some important nutrients your body needs.

That rate of loss is quite significant - sounds like you've averaged not too far off 2lb a week. If you've had lots of higher calorie days, then does suggest a decent calorie restriction. I'm not too far off my current goal weight of 70kg and wouldn't be looking to lose that quickly.

So I would tone it down at least and look to continue with a gradual weight lost at best, or consider going to a a maintenance level for a bit - and remember that for the most part 'clean eating' is merely a method to get a calorie restriction - it doesn't offer many other decent benefits and can have issues too.

I am still 52 kgs my goal weight is 48kgs. Also I have lost 8kgs in a time span of almost 7 months December 2016-July 2017. Which is ok I guess 1kg a month is very normal I guess apart from that I never starve myself. I take 6 meals in a day breakfast lunch dinner and snacks whenever I feel like n my snacks include dryfruits like almonds raisins and roasted grams and two fruits atleast.
    I dont take smoothies as I am lactose intolerant. N sometimes I skip breakfast as I am running late or sleeping but I try to fulfill the requirement in. The rest of the day.
  • faizawaseem1
    Options
    geebusuk wrote: »

Now I'll focus on maintaining rather than loosing more weight. Thanks for the guidance...:-)
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Often it is recommended that a multivitamin be taken when going on a very low calorie diet. You can become low in Biotin, Niacin (Vitamin B3), Vitamin C, Zinc and Iron, etc. Protein minimum intake 46 grams/day.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    Often it is recommended that a multivitamin be taken when going on a very low calorie diet. You can become low in Biotin, Niacin (Vitamin B3), Vitamin C, Zinc and Iron, etc. Protein minimum intake 46 grams/day.

Not sure I would call a 250-300 cal/day deficit a very low calorie diet. OP has been losing 1kg (2.2lb/mo).
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Open your diary. How very 'clean' is your 'clean'? From the hair loss, it sounds to be free of nutrients.