Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!!

For those who have not yet shared their weekly weight for the Summer Heat Challenge, just a reminder that later today I will be sharing the results ... so you still have some hour to post them!! :smile:
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    :):D:(;):/ Summer Heat Challenge Reminder ... :s
    Good Morning All!!

For those who have not yet shared their weekly weight for the Summer Heat Challenge, just a reminder that later today I will be sharing the results ... so you still have some hour to post them!! :smile:

:#B):*
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    SUMMER HEAT CHALLENGE

Name: Robin
    Height: 5'3”

Start Weight (July 5): 250.8
    Goal Weight (September 15): 239.9

Weigh in week of: (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. July 12: 249.6 -- steps 1/7; -- active 1/7
    2. July 19: -- steps x/7; -- active x/7
    3. July 26:** -- steps x/7; -- active x/7
    4. August 2:** -- steps x/7; -- active x/7
    5. August 9: -- steps x/7; -- active x/7
    6. August 16: -- steps x/7; -- active x/7
    7. August 23: -- steps x/7; -- active x/7
    8. August 30: -- steps x/7; -- active x/7
    9. September 6: -- steps x/7; -- active x/7
    10. September 13: -- steps x/7; -- active x/7
    Final weight: Saturday, September 16: -- steps x/7; -- active x/7

Weight -/+ this week: -1.2
    Weight -/+ challenge total: -1.2
    Weight loss so far: -36.2

** vacation weeks

Additional Weight loss / Fitness goals would like to achieve this summer:
    1. Meet step goal 6/7 days
    2. Meet activity goal 6/7 days

Well, I made it into the next "decade"! WOOHOO!!! But, I completely failed my step and activity goals. Both by miniscule amounts each day. Busy at work means more sitting at my desk tapping away on my keyboard. (Hence my posting a day late!)

Off to the rat race again!!

Until next time; wishing everyone Peace B) , Love <3 and Weight Loss :smiley: !!
  • tnodler2014
    tnodler2014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Summer Heat Challenge:

Name: Trish
    Height: 5-7
    Start Challenge weight: 183
    Goal for this Challenge: 170

Weigh in Week of: (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    July 12: 181.8
    July 19:
    July 26:
    Aug 2:
    Aug 9:
    Aug 16:
    Aug 23:
    Aug 30:
    Sept 6:
    Sept 13:
    Final weigh in Sept 16th:

Looking forward to the support and camaraderie and being held accountable!
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Summer Heat Challenge:

Name: Holly
    Height: 5-3
    Start Challenge weight: 265.5
    Goal for this Challenge: 250

Weigh in Week of: (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    July 12: 260.2
    July 19:
    July 26:
    Aug 2:
    Aug 9:
    Aug 16:
    Aug 23:
    Aug 30:
    Sept 6:
    Sept 13:
    Final weigh in Sept 16th:

Weight -/+ this week: -5.3
    Weight -/+ challenge total: -5.3

Saturday I leave on my next vacay to St Simons Island with my BFF. I know there will be wine and cocktails and some food choices I shouldn't make, so I tried to be extra good this week so that I could maintain my 2 pounds per week average that I am working on for the summer. There will be lots of walking involved but you can't depend on it to take care of a multitude of sins, so I will do good where I can. Fried Shrimp will be on the dinner plate several times for sure, it's vacay after all. :smiley:
  • evelky
    evelky Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Summer Heat Challenge

Erica, 41, 5'4"

Start Weight: 271
    Goal Weight: 249

Weigh-in Wednesdays
    1. July 12: 271 (0)
    2. July 19:
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:

Total lost: 0
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

It's great to see everyone's progress this first week. I only had a .6 loss and am still above my final weight for the last challenge, but I'm trying to do better each day.

Congrats to amanda for making it to onderland!! Woohoo!

AFM-- We had severe storms here on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. There was a lot of flooding in our neighborhood but thankfully we were spared. I had planned to meet a friend for lunch yesterday, but with so many roads closed, we postponed until tomorrow. Since I had a free afternoon, I went for a run to assess the damage around our area. It really turned into more walking than running b/c the wet, debris-covered pavement was quite slick. And since it's Thursday Truth, I'll admit I just didn't feel like running. I was tired from being up all night with gunner (he's deathly afraid of the thunder), so I just walked most of the route.

I hope ana got my previous weigh-in post, but I realize that I forgot to put my weight lost this week at the bottom, so I've corrected the post here.

Summer Heat
    Name: Karen
    Height: 5' 7"

My optional challenges are going to be to hit 100+ grams of protein/day and to walk/run 40 miles/week.

Start weight (week of July 5): 198.4; days 100+ g protein = 5/7; 24.26 miles
    Goal weight (Saturday September 16): 185

Weigh in week of:
    July 12: 197.8; x/7 days 100+ g protein; x miles
    July 19: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    July 26: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    August 2: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    August 9: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    August 16: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    August 23: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    August 30: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    September 6: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    September 13: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    Final weight September 16:

Weight +/- this week: -.6
    Weight +/- total:
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the progress report Ana!
    We are off to an awesome start!!!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @ana-- thanks for the update!!

@rach-- I think it's great that you are dedicating yourself to changing the behavior patterns that led to your father's early passing. I'm sure he would be proud of you for taking control of your health and your life.

Friday Fitness:
    A bit better than last week since I at least attempted to go for a run on Wed. However, I'm just over halfway to my mileage goal of 40 miles for the week. Tomorrow is the last day for me to add to this week's total, so I will just aim to get as close as possible. I'm also progressing with my plank challenge. I'm at 70 seconds holding a straight-arm plank. Once I get to 90 seconds, I will switch to a proper forearm plank.

Today, I went to lunch with a friend. I got a very healthy omelette with fresh fruit instead of hash browns, but I did get pancakes as my other side. I ate all of the pancakes and half the omelette; the other half will be breakfast tomorrow. The rest of my day has been pretty good--hit my protein goal and I'm slightly under my calorie allowance. Of course, I just spied a bag of nacho cheese doritos on top of the fridge and now it's taking all of my willpower to leave them alone. They are the devil. I'm going to brush my teeth and put in my retainer once I finish this post. Then I won't be able to eat them tonight. They'll still be there if I want them tomorrow, right? Right.

Summer Heat
    Name: Karen
    Height: 5' 7"

My optional challenges are going to be to hit 100+ grams of protein/day and to walk/run 40 miles/week.

Start weight (week of July 5): 198.4; days 100+ g protein = 5/7; 24.26 miles
    Goal weight (Saturday September 16): 185

Weigh in week of:
    July 12: 197.8; x/7 days 100+ g protein; x miles
    July 19: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    July 26: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    August 2: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    August 9: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    August 16: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    August 23: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    August 30: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    September 6: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    September 13: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    Final weight September 16:

Weight +/- this week: -.6
    Weight +/- total:
  • campfirequeen1
    Options
    @happygirlxxx Ana, thanks for all the work you do on keeping our totals. And thanks for your encouragement! It has been hard won this week. And I'm almost dreading those cocktails because I like this progress! LOL
    @MermaidPrincessRach -Rach you sound like me. I adored my daddy too death and he left this girl wayyyyy to soon and like yours, he didn't take care of his health and died in so much pain from congestive heart failure. I'm trying my best not to repeat that history. I'm pulling for you and so glad that you are taking care of business at a young age!
    Heading to St Simons today! Everybody have a great weekend! And never give up!
  • Nikion901
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Sunday Share ... Since I didn't close my original MFP profile when I went to the Premium version it is still available. The other day I had a computer hick-up that caused me to have to spend several hours fooling around with it, including fixing Safarie issues. In the meantime, after I got the machine up and running properly again, and before Safarie was fixed, I used Firefox to log in to network applications. ... and decided to log into the old MFP profile as well. It was a kick-in-the-keaster to see that my weight was only 10 pounds down from the last time I had logged into that account ... which was about a year ago. However, the fun part was that this thread had close to 2000 posts to it that I have spent hours re-reading ... I did skim through some pages and looked at the names and pictures of the people who stopped by, joined in for a while, etc ... and it was fun to see some old familiars and what they had to say a year ago. It was also an awakening ... on some of the names I clicked on their names to bring up that little pop-up box which shows their picture and name in larger font and also gives a bit of statistic ... the date of first visit, most recent visit ... because it was so apparent that people stop and start so much. Not just this thread, but MFP all together. And I wondered ... have they reached goal and that's why they stopped, or did they lose interest, or worse yet, lose hope.

This morning was another weigh-in day for me and I was unhappy with the reading. Yet I also know that part of the reason my weight was up this morning is because my gut is malfunctioning again ... it's in that part of it's cycle where if I want to feel light inside I'd better not put anything but liquids into my mouth. Of course, I don't do that ... only liquids I mean. No, that's when it's time to eat some prunes ... about 5 a day for the next few days. Guess I'll be going shopping cause I'm out of them.
  • Nikion901
    edited July 2017
    Options
    "You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it true. You may have to work for it, however"
    ... Richard Bach
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Sunday....

Well my hubby left on friday and with him left my bad food desires...i havent conformed him to eating healthier yet...and coupled with my glutinous eating on the cruise ship, I gained a few pounds the last couple of weeks.

I maintained my exercise and step count throughout my vacation though, for which I am happy. I liked walking aimlessly around the ship and in the quaint Alaskan towns when we were in port. And when we got back home, I found a few new trails and towns to walk with my hubby and the dogs. It kept things fresh and allowed my hubby to see more of our beautiful BC terrain.

Got back to a good start yesterday and started logging my food again.

It is just a matter of time for these pounds to start declining again.

Hope everyone else's journey is going well?

• karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Going to work at a large girl guide camp on Tuesday in northern/ central BC. Away from the forest fire area! Lots of walking and work. Back on aug 1 when I will need a vacation from my vacation!
  • campfirequeen1
    Options
    @Nikion901 I love a stroll down memory lane!
    @cellosmiles -I've always wanted to do an Alaska cruise. It's still on my bucket list. Sounds like you had a great time!
    @karenleona - a large girl guide camp...that sounds fantastic, can't wait to hear about it.
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Name: Jennifer
    Height: 5' 6"

Start Weight (July 5): 222.2
    Goal Weight (September 15): 208.2

Weigh in week of: (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. July 12:222.4 (+0.2 lbs)
    2. July 19:
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:
    Final weight: Saturday, September 16:

Weight -/+ this week: +0.2
    Weight -/+ challenge total: +0.2
    Weight loss so far:

Additional Weight loss / Fitness goals would like to achieve this summer:
    1. None, recovering from back injury is my only goal.

Slight uptick this week on weigh in day. I ate at maintenance a few days that week and forgot and drank water before weighing in. Oh well! I'm already down two lbs from that weight, so, suppose that will still be around by the 19th.
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Monday check in: struggling to keep my healthy life style in the front of my mind, so many thing competing for my mental energy. Just a small thing like loosing my water bottle (again) leads to a pack of oreos being bought and devoured over 2 days. So now I need to refrain from sugar for a while to "detox" or I will be craving sugar and junk like crazy, and my will power is down currently. But on a good note someone finally noticed my weight loss ( I'm sure others have but haven't said or ask about it). it was my hubby's supervisor, and she was great at first saying I was looking good. But then went nosy about it asking how much I had lost, and I was ok, but I still hate saying the number to people I know, expecially when I have at least that much more to loose. But a few days later she was talking to my hubby again, 4 feet away from me, telling him I had lost "gobbs" and he should be proud. then started telling me I needed to buy new clothes, that the ones I had where falling off. And what size did I wear now? I was honest but it made me really uncomfortable and self-conscious.