Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Robin- I love the idea of doing breakfast for Thanksgiving. Enjoy the movie, I do want to see Interstellar.

Karen- Good luck with your grading and I hope you meet your goals with time to spare. I am lucky that I finished my grading during conferences on Monday and Tuesday. Smart move not paying for the outdoor Turkey Trot. I will do a 5K run tomorrow morning provided it is not icy outside. We had mostly rain today but a little bit of snow as well. By Sunday, it is suppose to be 61 degrees. Our weather is crazy.

Kaye- Enjoy all the baking and the dinner you are planning with your family. The pies sound great.

Tom- I will need to try that idea this holiday season. I feel the need to bake coming up.

Kelley- I hope your family stays healthy and they don't bring you that nasty flu.

Soosun- Enjoy the time with your grandchildren.

My dad has a horrible blister on his heal and the rehab center did not inform us about this. The worst part it is infected. Luckily the home health nurse came over today and she had my mom call the foot doctor and gave him the details about the blister. Bless his heart he came over within the hour. Sadly, this blister will take at least 6 months to heal and he will be on antibiotics for the next 10 days. I hope the antibiotics will work some magic on the foot and the infection. Due to this infection, we are going to have our Thanksgiving dinner at home so we don't have to move and worry about him getting up and down stairs in the dark. This actually makes me happy, since I was concerned about transporting him.

I spent the day doing errands and running around in the snow and rain. By tonight I was wiped out so opted to skip the gym. I will make up for it tomorrow when I do a 5K provided it is not icy in the morning. This run is not timed and right down the street from me. I enjoy this run and a friend might be doing it as well. Hopefully, the weather will be nice tomorrow and above freezing.

Wish- That everyone has a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving.

• grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I got the pies except the lemon one made. The recipe said it should be served on the day it is made so I will make it tomorrow. I will also be roasting a turkey and making dinner rolls. It's been a long day, and the little ones are having a hard time going to sleep. I hope I sleep well because I will need to start early.
    Robin I have a head lamp that I really like for walking, but was just going to the car so I didn't have it.
    Laurie, so sorry about your dad's wound. They can be so hard to deal with.
    Karen, I shake my head every time I read about all of the hours you spend grading papers.
    Hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow, no matter how you are celebrating.
    Onward and downward, Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    @laurie--that's good that you don't have to worry about trying to transport your dad. Will your brother and his family come to your house then? Good luck with your 5k tomorrow morning!

AFM--One of my HS friends owns a bar and has a gathering every year on "black Wednesday." She always invites me, but it's quite a drive for me. I contemplated going, but I knew I would end up over my calories with the cocktails and bar food, so I decided to stay home. Also, I really want to do well running my 8k at the gym tomorrow, so a late night out probably isn't the best idea.

Tomorrow we don't have to be at dinner until about 4 pm, so I may have time to do some grading. Thinking I may go grade in the morning before heading to the gym, but it will depend on how early I get out of the house. Even though I rarely sleep past 8 am on my days off, I really, really like lounging in my PJs.

November All-In:
    Under calorie goal: 22/26 days (goal is 27/30 days)
    Workout: 6/26 (goal is as much as possible)
    8k on Thanksgiving Day in 57 minutes

Grading Goals:
    1. 20/60 M1948 in-class essays
    2. x/66 AP essays
    3. x/60 SL vocab analyses
    4. 5/15 paper revisions
    5. 3/66 AP Journals

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym DONE
    Tues--rest day
    Wed--walk gunner DONE
    Thurs--Thanksgiving Day 8k
    Fri--walk gunner + gym
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
  • MrsMorgori
    MrsMorgori Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wishing Everybody a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving :D
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm not sure what today brings for me yet. I thought my sister and her family were on the road to recovery but my mom texted earlier that my 7yo nephew woke up early with a tummy ache. :frowning: I'm going to go to the gym in a little while and at least get some exercise, maybe even test my Achilles and run a little (haven't run since June). Then I'll touch base with my mom and see how everyone is feeling--I've already told her I don't want to be exposed to a stomach virus, which she understands. Dinner isn't until 6, so plenty of time for a Thanksgiving miracle. I'll stop by the store for some wine though, just in case its just Zoe and me...

Meanwhile, I'm drinking coffee and shopping online...
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

zg83jl152s7r.gif

Happy Thanksgiving (United States)
    Thanksgiving, or Thanksgiving Day, is a holiday celebrated in the United States on the fourth Thursday in November. It has been celebrated as a federal holiday every year since 1863, when, during the Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a national day of "Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens", to be celebrated on the last Thursday in November.[1] Thanksgiving was also celebrated nationally in 1789, after a proclamation by George Washington.[2] As a federal and public holiday in the U.S., Thanksgiving is one of the major holidays of the year. Together with Christmas and New Year, Thanksgiving is a part of the broader holiday season.
    The event that Americans commonly call the "First Thanksgiving" was celebrated by the Pilgrims after their first harvest in the New World in 1621.[3] This feast lasted three days, and it was attended by 90 Native Americans (as accounted by attendee Edward Winslow)[4] and 53 Pilgrims.[5] The New England colonists were accustomed to regularly celebrating "thanksgivings"—days of prayer thanking God for blessings such as military victory or the end of a drought.

“Success is never certain. Failure is never final.” ~Robert Schuller

Tom
  • lleecc
    lleecc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I found this thread and am hoping I can join. I would love to offer and receive support for the long haul as I am motivated to get healthier and lose weight. I live in Texas, teach early childhood special education, and am married with 2 active teenage boys. Happy Thanksgiving y'all!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    lleecc- Welcome you joined this thread just by posting. You have a great group of people to lean on and support.

Kelley- Hope your family is able to join you and that they keep the germs to themselves.

Karen- Regretfully, my brother was not able to join us since his in-laws were in town and it hard to move his MIL across the yard as well. I was able to invite a friend to dinner so it worked out great. My friend entertained my dad and made him happy today. How was your 8K today?

Kaye- Lemon pie sounds fantastic and I hope you got to bed early last night and tonight.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Today's my Turkey Trot went very well and I set a personal best. I ran the 3.3 miles in 38.06 minutes with a sprint at the end. It was a slightly hilly course but not horrendous. It seemed a little more unorganized this year but it was still fun. After dinner, my friend and I took a walk around the neighborhood with plans to stop at a bar. However, all the bars were closed tonight. I was pleasantly surprised with this but at least I had a great walk in the dark after dinner.

• lleecc
    lleecc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Laurie, thanks for the welcome!
    In reading the prior posts, it seems y'all have monthly challenges. Is there a December challenge yet?
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Today was so much fun, and the food was all great. The scale is up, I am exhausted and my knee hurts. I'm frustrated that the weather is beautiful and I can't go for a walk. I think I need a couple of days off and a fresh perspective. One of my little grandsons pulled the needles out of my knitting project. As soon as I figure out where I'm at with it, I will get on the pedaled and do some knitting. I'm glad the bulk of the dinner mess is at Cathy's house.
    Hope you all had a great day.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Ileeccwelcome! and Happy Turkey Day to you - and your not the only Texan in our group! I'm sure they'll announce themselves soon! You'll get plenty of support here. On Sundays we usually give a brief profile about ourselves. You've joined us just by posting!
    Kah - Kelley I'm sorry your Holiday got spoiled - enjoy the online shopping and your wine!
    Laurie Glad you had a good race today! Sorry your brother couldn't bring everyone over to join you but sounds like you had a nice dinner and nite out with your friend! You have a great attittude!

AFM: I thought INTERSTELLER was a bit boring, overlong, but still interesting food for thought. Now I am resisting looking at these great sales ads all around me.

Nebr. Furn. Mart is offering 2 years 0%, OMG tempting, and I want to up my tv reception quality with a blue ray, sound bar, and Sonos speaker, and digital rabbit ears, so I can give up cable, but do I know what I am doing? Noooo......need to do more homework!!! Need to just go to bed and walk away,,,,,walk away.....walk away!!!!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @robin--I've been wondering how the google chromecast is working for you. Did you see Interstellar on IMAX? My students highly recommended that format. I rarely go to the movies, so will probably wait until it comes OnDemand.

@kaye--glad you enjoyed you holiday. Ice that knee--or at least elevate it so it doesn't swell up on you.

@lleecc--welcome! We are repeating the November challenge in December.

@laurie--great time on your 5k+! Glad you had a nice dinner as well. I did my 8k in 56:49, so I made my goal. I wasn't sure I would make it b/c my stomach wasn't feeling great--I think I ate too close to running--so I took a lot of 30-second walking breaks, but I pushed myself during the running portion to just make it under 57 minutes.

@kelley--I hope your thanksgiving worked out. I don't blame you if you bowed out--it sounds like they have norovirus which is just nasty.

Thursday Truth:
    I ate way too much, but it was all delicious! The good news is that the only leftovers I brought home were some sweet potatoes and one serving of corn pudding. My mom tried to convince me that I should take home some pecan pie, but that would've been a BAD idea (I would probably be eating it right now!).

Tomorrow will be a lot of grading. Not sure if I'll go to the gym--we'll see how my legs are feeling.

November All-In:
    Under calorie goal: 22/27 days (goal is 27/30 days)
    Workout: 7/27 (goal is as much as possible)
    8k on Thanksgiving Day in 57 minutes DONE in 56:49!

Grading Goals:
    2. x/66 AP essays
    4. 5/15 paper revisions
    5. 3/66 AP Journals

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--rest day
    Tues--rest day
    Wed--walk gunner DONE
    Thurs--Thanksgiving Day 8k DONE
    Fri--walk gunner + gym
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Good Morning.

I received an invite from close friends for dinner (they went to Black Eyed Pea) but ended up braving my parents house yesterday, everyone sounded so disappointed when they found out I didn't want to go because of the walking petri dishes. My nephew kept telling my mom that he wasn't sick and that I needed to go--I hate disappointing him. So, I went and had a great time (even though the Cowboy's lost :rage:). I did come home though, going to get some things done (maybe do some shopping) and spend tomorrow with them (they leave Sunday).

@Laurie~Hooray for a personal best during your 5k!

@Karen~Great job with your 8k as well. I didn't bring home leftovers either--the pecan pie was delish as always but a danger in my house for leftovers. I'm not going to lie, if it was here it would have been b'fast this morning! :flushed:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @kelley--Glad you had a nice time with the family. Sorry about your Cowboys--the Bears also had another ugly loss. I've pretty much given up on them this season. Will just watch hockey from now on. :(

AFM--DH and I stayed up too late last night and I ended up sleeping in until almost 9. Now I'm out grading at starbucks. I finished the revisions and will work on some SL vocab for a awhile. My brain needs a break from essays.

November All-In:

Grading Goals:
    2. x/66 AP essays
    4. 15/15 paper revisions DONE!
    5. 3/66 AP Journals

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--rest day
    Tues--rest day
    Wed--walk gunner DONE
    Fri--walk gunner DONE + gym
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Been MIA again...freaking holidays and being busy do it to me all the time. I will not let it affect the scale this year! In addition to joining the Y challenge, I joined my cousin's fb group she just started. She's a beach body person. It's 12 Days to Healthy Holidays...or something like that. The point is that we get a new exercise to do each day (in addition to whatever exercise we currently do), we need to drink all our water each day and we need to eat one salad each day. And it's just for 12/1-12/12, but I think I will try to keep it up through the end of the year. So, I may make my December challenge a little different than November's All-in.

I hate to bring the subject up again....but...I'm working in a different building than I normally do today, in a different city and everything. And....they have mice! Aaaaack! I haven't seen or heard any, but there is an actual mouse trap near my feet at my desk. Blach! Eek! Barf! Apparently, there were mouse droppings last week, and since they set up traps, they've caught two. Ewww. The exterminator thinks it's because there is a lot of construction nearby and their usual home was disturbed and they were looking for a warm home for the winter. Sorry, not here, Mice! I'm encouraged by the fact that noone has spotted anymore mouse droppings.

My Thanksgiving was wonderful. Thursday I participated in a Turkey Trot. I thought I may be regretting signing up for the 8K, especially since my training has been beyond minimal lately and it was only 17 degrees outside with lots of ice and snow in the days leading up to the event. Well, it was better than I thought. I finished before they closed down the course (I'm a back-of-the-pack runner...it doesn't help me when there are low turn-outs like there was yesterday. Much fewer back-of-the-packers!), got myself a little pumpkin pie, and the roads were in excellent condition for the weather. The city did a great job clearing and salting. And the cherry on top....I burned so many calories, I had plenty of room for the feast at my in-laws!

I have Thanksgiving Part II at my parents' house on Saturday. I plan to make the same dish that I brought to my in-law's: a fruit platter arranged to look like a turkey! If I get a chance, I'll have to post the pic on here later. It turned out pretty cute for something that I threw together last minute.

Teresa- I'm praying for your daughter. I hope the miracle arrives and she seeks help.

Laurie- Praying for your dad, too. I hope he heals and the railing gets put up so the stairs are easier to navigate!

• skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hi guys!

@amanda--congrats on your 8k! You are much braver than I am--I did mine inside a a cozy gym on a treadmill. I was also happy with the calorie burn--not enough to make up for everything I ate, but I'm sure burning that extra 680 at least helped.

AFM--just checking in. I'm done grading for today--finished my SL vocab. Tomorrow I will finish the Montana 1948 essays, and then I can devote Sunday to getting started on the AP essays.

November All-In:

Grading Goals:
    2. x/66 AP essays
    3. 60/60 SL vocab analyses DONE!
    4. 15/15 paper revisions DONE!
    5. 3/66 AP Journals

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--rest day
    Tues--rest day
    Wed--walk gunner DONE
    Fri--walk gunner DONE + gym
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    This guy below disappeared faster than the real bird we ate yesterday!