I'm frustrated, tired, and hangry. [rant]

Options
2»

Replies

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    Eat at maintenance for a couple of weeks.

This. Have you ever taken a diet break?

I took 3 months or so off about a year and a half ago. Whether I hit my goal weight or not by winter I plan on taking a short break when the cooler weather rolls in and I'm not going topless in public.

I'd think about taking a week or two at maintenance sooner rather than later. Two weeks won't make a noticeable change in your physique either way, but it might help your hunger and your frustration levels.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Maybe after vacation, but I'll be topless and in the sun for much of august. There's no way I could mentally bring myself to take a break right now. There's a lot of pressure (from myself) to be in top form possible.
  • kyubeans
    kyubeans Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    So your plan is to beat your body in to shape until all the naysayers fall at your feet in awe.

Correct. It doesn't have to be in awe. But being treated like a human being worthy of a bit of affection from time to time by someone I'm attracted to would be nice. I'm really not sorry that this seems to offend so many people.

I was with you until I saw this one.

What happens when you actually reach your goal weight and goal body fat percentage but the "being treated like a human being worthy of a bit of affection from time to time by someone I'm attracted to" doesn't come with it?

This back and forth battle with your body might be something you're focusing on, when what you might need to start thinking about is... What if the excess weight wasn't the real issue?

I haven't had personal experience with losing a ton of weight and then realizing this sort of thing, but I've lurked long enough to see posts that are similar. I think the advice is always to see someone who could help you talk these issues out. Maybe getting a jump start on that will help you get to goal without the physical and emotional battle you seem to be going through? Just a suggestion.

I hope you succeed, and I hope you find what you're looking for when you get there.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Options
    What happens when you actually reach your goal weight and goal body fat percentage but the "being treated like a human being worthy of a bit of affection from time to time by someone I'm attracted to" doesn't come with it?

Then I continue grinding in the gym until I find the right person.

What if that doesn't happen?

Then I continue living my life.

A lot of people seem to get bent out of shape if men admit wanting to find a mate as a motivating factor. I don't know why. There are countless threads on the success stories (and on other websites) about how guys suddenly have so much attention they're sick of it after losing weight. Well, I just want a little bit of attention. I really wish it didn't offend a certain segment so much that men want attention, but it does.

Any sort of implication saying it's not my body is unfortunately a jab at me as a person. Unfortunately I disagree with that. My personality and character are great. Certainly no better or worse than anyone else's. So to say that I somehow am not good enough for the opposite sex because of some sort of personality flaw is a bit offensive.

"Hey, this guy made a thread about being hangry and frustrated, he must be a horrible person that no one can get along with!" is really how it comes across to me, whether that is the attention or not.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Options
    I think unfortunately being 100 lbs overweight can keep someone who would otherwise like you from giving a relationship a shot. But being 15 lbs overweight will not in most cases.

Considering I'm still at a zero percent reply rate on the personals, this is all I have to go on. I'm still being treated the same way I was at 330lbs as I am at 180lbs. Personality is not a factor when no one speaks to you. I apparently have a face only a mother can love, and all other facets of my life are doing quite well. So all I can do at this point is keep grinding. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't, but it's my goal. It has been for a very long time. That offends people, but I have a knack for being more blunt and honest than most.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Options
    And for the record this has veered entirely off course from the original premise of the fact that I'm just hungry af. lol. Everything else is just background noise.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Man, I hear that. People like to say you're doing it wrong if it's hard/yr suffering. Not necessarily. Some things in life are just not easy any way you slice it and this is one of them.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    And for the record this has veered entirely off course from the original premise of the fact that I'm just hungry af. lol. Everything else is just background noise.

Sorry :lol: I do still want to lose another 5-10, so i know what you mean about feeling like you have already done everything you can do and why won't the number on the scale just get there already. Hope things get back to moving in the right direction for ya, one way or the other
  • Geocitiesuser
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Sorry :lol: I do still want to lose another 5-10, so i know what you mean about feeling like you have already done everything you can do and why won't the number on the scale just get there already. Hope things get back to moving in the right direction for ya, one way or the other

I'm finding that most people struggle with the last 10 or so, so it's a little comforting to know it's not just me. It just doesn't get brought up a lot because we seem to be the few and the proud who make it this far. Our battles with the last 10lbs are definitely something to be proud of, even if they are difficult.
  • kyubeans
    kyubeans Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Have you tried looking at the Maintenance boards? They have a thread dedicated to losing the last 10 lbs...
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Sigh.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel often times people take OP the wrong way.

He wants an attractive mate (for lack of better term) and wishes to be as attractive as possible in order to attract said mate.

I don't think there's anything so abnormal about that. I do think you can be a tad negative about it at times, OP, but from what I've read from you on the forums since losing the weight you've had a good bit of rejection when it comes to dating and yeah, I think that would make us all a bit bitter.

My advice (unsolicited and perhaps unwanted) would be to try to meet a woman in person instead of online. Online dating is a shark tank. I don't even think I'm top tier looks wise when it comes to women, but I would often get 100+ responses in a day when I used online dating and it was a lot of me just quickly glancing and deleting messages.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words and empathy @everher! Some people "get it" like you do but most don't.

And it's not like I'm pacing back and forth in my livingroom every day hoping someone will fall from the sky. I work every day towards being the best "me" I can become, and that goes far beyond dating, it's self love and self respect.

It just so happens that it's a bit of a pain point in my life, and yeah, I'm a little bitter and a little frustrated that things turned out the way they have, so when I'm dieing of hunger, killing myself in the gym, and start to feel a bit run down, yeah, the rejection hurts from time to time. It's to easy to be judged by a forum thread, a moment of frustration, and not the 99.999% of the rest of the time.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    https://www.hgdata.com/blog/data-mining-dates-okcupid/

How a math nerd hacked a dating site and became the most popular date. "...By comparison, a straight male on OkCupid, the median number of unsolicited messages is zero.)"

Congratulations. You match the median! You are normal.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    So much about finding the right person seems like pure luck to me. I'd given up looking, and two years into a graduate degree a classmate and I fell in love and got married. No planning, no hitting the gym, just lots of time together in and outside of class, to really get to know each other. Who has that time outside of school?

As for being hungry- I make sure to have a Klondike bar a couple of nights a week when I've been in a deficit for a few days and am getting that unhappy, this really isn't fun, feeling. Slows down the last ten pounds, but that's ok. I'm happier.