Is fruit unhealthy to eat ??

Options

Replies

• DharmainHeels
    DharmainHeels Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have essentially cut them out except for raspberries occasionally because I am doing a modified keto diet (low carb low sugar). I still have veggies though. I love fruit but I have discovered how much sugar they have so I pretty much make it an occasional treat.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    No, why would it be unhealthy? That people are so paranoid about sugar that they think fruit should be avoided makes me so frustrated.

IMO, fruit is great unless you eat so much you go over calories, don't get enough of other things you need (protein, sources of healthy fats), or use it as a replacement for vegetables.

All of this.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    What could be unhealthy about fruit? This is the trouble with this insane demonisation of sugar these days. It's fruit, for goodness sake, not poison.

It actually makes me sad that people think this.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    What could be unhealthy about fruit? This is the trouble with this insane demonisation of sugar these days. It's fruit, for goodness sake, not poison.

Agreed.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

Indeed...
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

Absolutely agreed.
  • cosmiqrecovery
    cosmiqrecovery Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    if eating all the fruit is gonna make me sick i don't think i want to be healthy.
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    fruit is very beneficial, just balance it within your diet properly as it's high in cals/carbs/fructose. there's such a variety of fruits available, and ive yet to find one i didn't like... :smiley: i eat mixed berries and bananas most often thou.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Not all fruit is high-calorie. And the fiber gives you a lot of satiety bang for your buck. The only fruit I find I need to moderate carefully (assuming I haven't done something obvious like toss it with sugar and cinnamon and spread it in a pie crust) is avocado. And even that's one of the healthy fats.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    live2dream wrote: »
    HUMANS are Primates. Fruit is our optimal food, containing all the nutrients we need to survive and thrive, disease free and healthy. :smile:

fruit is the best :blush:

Your health will definitely suffer if it is limited.

How would you get the protein and fat you need from just fruit?

I'm a huge fruit eater but it does not contain every thing my body needs.

QFT
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Sil209xo wrote: »
    I hear so many mixed reviews about fruits . What do you guys think ? I hear it's loaded with sugar and it's not good for you to eat everyday . Hmm

If it fits in your calories for the day then go for it!

Now if you have a medical condition that could limit the fruit you eat or the kinds then I would consult a doctor or nutritionist.