Destination US of A

Options
124»

Replies

• HarrisHawke8
    HarrisHawke8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    socalkay wrote: »
    I heartily agree on Yosemite! Sequoia National Park is another great site in California. Or, if you are a city person, San Francisco and San Diego are pretty sweet as cities go. Jog on over to Arizona to check out the Grand Canyon while you are on this side of the country.
    qikewva7kieo.jpg

8s9x4zb7gkmk.jpg

avcy1lkdg39m.jpg

5jljgposratz.jpg

tsw3u3qim2c5.jpg

#Socalkay these r awesome images. Thanks so much for sharing!

• HarrisHawke8
    Options
    Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks sound great. Likely be looking at nature, theme parks, NYC and wanting good American food. Probably b taking 1 month to travel. I heard Vermont is lovely too. And likely New Orleans to visit.

What r your cheap ways to travel, hire a car and stay in motels, hire a motorhome or fly/drive and motels etc?
  • HarrisHawke8
    Options
    MilesAddie wrote: »
    From Australia

- Fly to San Francisco (Beautiful city)
    - Drive to either Portland or Seattle (Get your Weird, Northwest fix on, maybe stop at a National Park on the way)
    - Fly to Chicago (Probably the best food city in US right now)
    - Take Overnight Train to NYC (Stare out the window, get a sense of how big this place really is)
    - NYC, no explanation needed
    - Train to Boston (really historic, super walkable city, see where it all started)

This sounds great too thanks #MilesAddie. Gosh gunna need some time to relly decide where we want to visit......and i thought Australia was big!
  • HarrisHawke8
    Options
    Colorado sounds pretty amazing. I love the native American culture too so would like to learn and see more of this.
  • ChrisNels1
    ChrisNels1 Posts: 16,638 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Here is the USA compared to Australia.
    7ocmffxkbwz5.png

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    ChrisNels1 wrote: »
    7ocmffxkbwz5.png

And you guys don't have an empty middle!
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks sound great. Likely be looking at nature, theme parks, NYC and wanting good American food. Probably b taking 1 month to travel. I heard Vermont is lovely too. And likely New Orleans to visit.

What r your cheap ways to travel, hire a car and stay in motels, hire a motorhome or fly/drive and motels etc?

The U.S. has so many excellent food places, but they aren't American foods. Chicago and New York have excellent pizza. Southern California has excellent Mexican food. Then there's restaurants in small towns people never heard of unless you live there, that is known for other cuisine like Jamaican food, Italian, Polish, etc. We have this tv show called Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives that comes on Food Network. I watch that show religiously.

Now if you want some good crabs (the edible shellfish before anyone says anything :lol:), come to the mid-Atlantic (Maryland, Virginia). Best crabs in the country.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Come to Portland, Oregon. Great culture. 50 Miles from Snow Skiing. 50 Miles from Windsurfing the Gorge. 100 Miles from surfing the Pacific Coast. 100 Miles from White Water Rafting. Surrounded by Wine Country. Independent Small batch Breweries all over the place. If you make it out here, contact me. I'll have the BBQ going, a cigar waiting for you and a full bottle of whisky waiting.

@TheRoadDog, sounds great mate! Love a good BBQ like any Aussie....

Except American BBQ isn't an Australian BBQ...

So what is the difference between American BBQ and Australian BBQ?

I'll throw some shrimp on the Barbie.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Paris, Texas

ParisEffielTowerTexas.jpg
  • HarrisHawke8
    Options
    Drive in, Diners and Dives, i love that show! Ha Paris Texas, that looks pretty cool!
  • HarrisHawke8
    Options
    7ocmffxkbwz5.png

Majority of the population in Australia lives on the East coast, then you have capitals like Perth, Darwin and Adelaide spread out north south and west. True in the centre, there is Alice Springs, however the population is small, under 26,000, with many Americans residing there working at Pine Gap. The interior of Australia is barren and unpopulated and there is little plant growth as the rainfall is very low. It is mainly deserts. Driving from Adelaide to Darwin, south to north of the continent is very boring, with not alot of interest to see other than cattle, camels and kangaroos and cars!

• HarrisHawke8
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Paris, Texas

ParisEffielTowerTexas.jpg

The Eiffel tower here looks pretty tall?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    7ocmffxkbwz5.png

Majority of the population in Australia lives on the East coast, then you have capitals like Perth, Darwin and Adelaide spread out north south and west. True in the centre, there is Alice Springs, however the population is small, under 26,000, with many Americans residing there working at Pine Gap. The interior of Australia is barren and unpopulated and there is little plant growth as the rainfall is very low. It is mainly deserts. Driving from Adelaide to Darwin, south to north of the continent is very boring, with not alot of interest to see other than cattle, camels and kangaroos and cars!

I think I know this... Being Australian and everything.