Open Diaries vs Closed Diaries

Options
I really don't care either way but curious to know if you have any thoughts on whether one or the other leads to more or less success?

Replies

• 100catscrazy
    100catscrazy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just leave mine open because I'm open to suggestions but I'm still going to do what works for my budget and time. I'm always open though to new recipes that are easy though. I love budget bytes. :smiley:
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Mine's open so my trainer can see it, and nag me occasionally!
    I've not had any randoms give me grief over it, and frankly I don't care if the world knows what I eat. It's hardly a state secret.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Personally I keep mine open because I think it has lead to success so far. I feel like it holds some sort of accountability even if its just to internet strangers.

all of this
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I keep mine open for accountability/transparency. Judge away.

• Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Open; it keeps me honest and when I give advice it's based on what worked / is working for me; I also provide references to reputable websites when I answer people's questions.
  • Sloth_TurtleGirl
    Sloth_TurtleGirl Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Closed- I used to be open, but I don't like people judging me by my off days. Maybe when I lose a great deal I'll be more likely to open it again. But, I've only lost 10 pounds and it has taken me forever to do it.

Like others mentioned, I'm more honest when it is closed. I probably should not have connected with people I knew would be judgmental.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Mine's open but i don't really care one way or the other. It's helpful for it to be open when someone asks for an opinion and I can use an example. Doesn't happen that often though.
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    When I was registered here before, I'd just randomly add people and that led to me having 'buddies' on here I didn't trust or know how to communicate with. So I kept my diary closed because some were rude or giving advice in a way I didn't know how to work with.

This time I'm a bit pickier with friends to give myself the kind of support system that works for me. And I also make sure to be open about not being perfect. I still incorporate 'bad' food into my diet if it fits my calorie goal, so I don't mind if my friends can see it. I find this works a lot better with long term motivation for me.