What foods do you like but others hate?

Options

Replies

• Run4life375
    Run4life375 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Kale salad... without any dressing (gasp!)

Also, this isn't that weird, but I really like sushi and traditional Japanese food. The rest of my family won't touch it!
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Beets!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    My family frowns upon me each time I eat natto, but I love the stuff ^-^ <3
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

What's natto?
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Anchovies, escargot, smelts, bone marrow
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I'm nasty af lol
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

What's natto?

It's fermented soybeans, it's more popular in Japan but a lot of people here turn down their noses to it when they see it because the smell/texture. Regardless, I can never get enough of it!

zmfajvfadgic.png

I enjoy a lot of other foods posted here (kimchi, chicken livers, okra, etc) but I figured natto was the most peculiar thing I could think of.

Since someone else mentioned McDonald's, I'm going to add that I LOVE taking leftover rice from P.F. Chang's or any other Asian restaurant/carry out and tossing it with sweet and sour sauce and some leftover mcnuggets. I've tried doing it with pasta noodles but don't care for it as much, there's something special about doing it with rice in particular!

I also love taro/purple ube flavored anything. I discovered that through frozen yogurt shops like Sweetfrog, and the best I can describe the flavor is peanut-y, vanilla-y, and sweet potato-y. I recently came across McCormick Purple Ube extract on eBay and have begun adding it to everything from hot chocolate, cake mixes, to ice cream. ;)

I eat a lot of weird stuff and my family makes fun of me all the time for it ;P I just love all food :3 Well, all food except for mangos, raw celery, chai tea, ginger, and durian.
  • Brainless64
    Brainless64 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Semolina Pudding, made thick with milk. Love it set with fruit compote, defrosted berry fruits or canned/bottled red fruit (cherries.strawberries etc),
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,395 Member
    Options
    Liquorice! Especially the good stuff from the Netherlands or Scandinavia. Not the rubbish ones like allsorts with no or only traces of sweetwood.

Flying back home from Stansted airport earlier this week I stocked up on 8 bags of different Dutch liquorice at Hema. Not the best type compared to others, but better than everything else I can get in the UK <3
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I love coleslaw. Apparently I'm weird for loving licorice. I also love tomatoes, mushrooms, eggplant, all kinds of vegetables and beans except for sweet potatoes, vegan meat substitutes, olives, mayo, tilapia, canned tuna, plain cottage cheese, and a few other things.

I also prefer fast food burgers to "good" burgers because they have less of a beef aftertaste which I hate. People think that's weird. I'm also one of the few who order McDonald's fish fillet sometimes.
    Semolina Pudding, made thick with milk. Love it set with fruit compote, defrosted berry fruits or canned/bottled red fruit (cherries.strawberries etc),

Do people really hate semolina pudding? It's absolutely delicious.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,395 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I absolutely adore ube halaya! Or other stuff with ube, like ice cream! <3 I just wish I could get it, or fresh ingredients in the UK.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Liquorice! Especially the good stuff from the Netherlands or Scandinavia. Not the rubbish ones like allsorts with no or only traces of sweetwood.

tell me what sweetwood is? i'm curious.

i really like one of either licorice or aniseed, and ab.so.lutely loathe the other. like, involuntary-gut-gag loathe. i THINK it's licorice that i like but something or other a few years ago made me question whether i'd had the labels wrong all the time. it doesn't seem like the average person is very precise about verbally labelling them.

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Oh, and I absolutely adore ube halaya! Or other stuff with ube, like ice cream! <3 I just wish I could get it, or fresh ingredients in the UK.

I love ube!
  • rickdkitson
    rickdkitson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    Pickled herring.

Do I win? ;)

Nope, it is a tie, I love that too.

When I worked in Iceland for a year, I was in heaven because a typical Icelandic breakfast is pickled herring, tomatos and cucumbers on toast.
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    La Croix, spirulina, Greek yogurt, raw meal, cilantro... I could go on

I love cilantro. It makes me sad that it won't grow here in the summer. I read somewhere that some people have a genetic predisposition to cilantro tasting like soap.

My inlaws claim that... I call Bs lol

there is definately a gene that makes cilantro taste soapy to some people. I did 23 and me - DNA testing and they test for that gene. I do not have it and I love cilantro
  • Cinflo58
    Options
    raw onions, pickled herring, brussel sprouts (if you hate them, have you ever had them roasted?), coleslaw, mushrooms, kimchi, lima beans, olives.... I love most foods but there is one thing I hate - natto. It is femented soybeans and it is as if vomit and mold had a baby.
  • Cinflo58
    Options
    Also milk toast - I LOVE it. Used to have it for breakfast as a kid...

what is milk toast?
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    ie47c2wlhnx8.jpg
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese!!!!
  • bruby28
    bruby28 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options