30 Days No Junk No Soda !!

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    A challenge like this can be a good way of breaking habits like always having dessert or drinking a lot of soda. After you are done, you may find you have really decreased your need for sugar. Good luck. After the first week it gets much easier.

i have dessert almost every night and I have no issues...

dessert does not equal bad...
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    annaskiski wrote: »
    Are you going to prison?

There are sweets and soda in prison.

And you know because ...... ;)
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    joemac1988 wrote: »
    I've been on mfp 5 years and I have yet to see anyone qualify what a toxin actually is. The closest I can get in my own head is oxidative stress

There is no need to "cleanse"...that's why we have a liver and kidneys. I'm not saying there's not a health benefit to reducing or eliminating crap, but to "cleanse for a month then go back to it? Just reduce overall consumption!

I'm well aware of this thank you :)
  • Mummytofitmummy
    Mummytofitmummy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for a few weeks already.
    Feel free to add me. Yesterday had a celebratory treat but wasn't really into it. So I'll say I've reset again today
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone that replied , honestly I'm doing this challenge just to see how I feel after a month without junk food and soda , I did this challenge last year and I felt so good and my acne cleared out and I didn't like any of my favorite candy for a while until I slid back into it lol. This is just a fun challenge , don't take it too seriously!

I do think your complexion may benefit from eliminating some foods. My daughter had terrible acne problems. She also drank tons of milk. If she was thirsty- milk, hungry-milk, with dinner-milk. When she went on a diet, she cut out excess milk to stay in her calorie count, and her complexion cleared up almost immrdiately.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'm always so confused what people mean by "junk food." I assume it means low nutrient, high cals, but some use it for anything at a restaurant -- I agree that Indian food is a sometimes thing, and high cal, but usually it has a lot of vegetables and isn't "junk" in my mind. Some apparently (see post above) would use it for all dairy. And some think it's weird to include cheese, when cheese is high cal and not particularly high nutrient (I eat it most days, but admit it's an indulgence). Still others think it's about packaged food and not homemade versions of the same thing, some would apply it to all fast food, not matter what it is, whereas some (hi, Gale) think lots of fast food is fine so long as you remove the carbs, so on.

I probably don't eat junk food already according to some definitions (not mine, as I do include high cal, not high nutrient ingredients -- indeed, what else is coconut oil?). That's what I always find so confusing about these challenges -- they aren't clear.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone that replied , honestly I'm doing this challenge just to see how I feel after a month without junk food and soda , I did this challenge last year and I felt so good and my acne cleared out and I didn't like any of my favorite candy for a while until I slid back into it lol. This is just a fun challenge , don't take it too seriously!

Ya, I feel better the less Ultra Processed Food I eat. Here's how the Brazilian government defines that: http://189.28.128.100/dab/docs/portaldab/publicacoes/guia_alimentar_populacao_ingles.pdf
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I would for sure bail on my deficit without my daily individual cake slice or similar (I bore easily so rotate).

But I hope you get something out of it OP, it's definitely not for me.