DITR Round4 Week2

Options

Replies

• lasttimelooser
    lasttimelooser Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Usually I would take a week off to hang out with my kids and take them to the pool or the beach. I’ve been working part time and can’t afford to take a week off but I need to take at least 1 day off and take my 8 yr old son to a water theme park. We like to go to Wild Rivers in Irvine, CA. It is only about 20 minutes south from us. At least this weekend, my cousin is having a pot luck pool party at his house and we are looking forward to that. The bad part is my 19 yr old daughter just had her surgery last week and she is going to be bummed if she cannot get in the pool.

We also have Knotts season pass so at least I have taken my son to that but he missing pool parties and going to the water park. Only 4 more weeks and back to school for my son. I think only a couple of weeks for my daughter back to college.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Wednesdays QOTD: Who is your Celebrity Crush?

I would have to say Idris Elba....I wish I knew how to post pictures because he is a beautiful sight.lol:blushing:

Thursday QOTD: So with summer winding down what is still on your to-do list? And what has been the best part of your summer so far?

Well first thing first, I need to get back on the ball with working out. Since the beginning of summer my weight loss has stalled. Too answer the second part of the question, the best part of summer was making up with my boyfriend:love: . Love could have something to do with my weightloss stall.
  • journey2size10
    Options
    Mmmmm... Paul Walker! I love him... he's so pretty! And the best part is he actually reminds me of my husband. They have the same hair color, eyes, body type even the same height... It's crazy!

Paul_Walker.jpg

love him too, forgot about him...he reminded me also of my first baby daddy (in my mind, of course) vin diesel...fast five was a great movie, can't wait for the next one!
  • journey2size10
    Options
    Thursday QOTD: I LOVE summer and am having fun being be more active outside. Sadly schools are back in-session soon here, and I saw Halloween candy at the grocery store this week. :noway: So with summer winding down what is still on your to-do list? And what has been the best part of your summer so far?

Summer is ending! I just got my back to school agenda from our new principal, ugh! It went by way way too fast.
    My to-do list, clean the house from top to bottom one more time before going back on the grind. I just came from my annual visit (with flying colors I may add!) and I'm taking my babies (two dogs) to the vet next monday and thats it.

The best part of this summer...finally finding balance between being able to eat out at restaurants and still stick to my nutrition goals..being able to drink without blowing my calories for the day or days sometimes! Finding a new workout that I love! Have I told you guys how much I love crossfit, lol...yeah I know I'm trying not to talk about it so much now! But most importantly, I have no regrets for ANYTHING I have done this summer as I have in the past..I tried my best with eating healthy, working out and feel I did a damn good job! I've been dodging my workclothes cuz I want to try on all of them before the schoolyear starts before I donate them, I know they are too big now..I should be around a size 14ish now...my goal is a size 10 (so I can be "my" perfect 10) and I'm well on the way. Okay, I know this is too long, but I'm ecstatic about the drs visit going so well, now off to do some more schoolwork (did I mention I started grad school this summer)
  • journey2size10
    Options
    Sorry I haven't had time to log on the past few days.. crazy wedding season!!

Mon QOTD: My biggest achievement other than this little weight loss is also overcoming cancer at the age of 15, and I was extremely obese back then because of it. I was in remission for 11 months and missed out on a lot especially being held back in my studies but I continue to carry on with it and not let my age hold me back.

Tues QOTD: I haven't lost that much weight this time around, but my first 2 stones were lost about last year and people noticed the changes when I had lost about 10 pounds.

Weds QOTD: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my ultimate celeb crush is..

DANIEL HENNEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thurs QOTD: Best part of summer has been the countless weddings to go to without feeling that obese anymore (although I'm still overweight) and spending time with my family x

My to do list.. Pass my driving test, lose weight, start on my dissertation!

congrats to another fellow survivor! you go girl, sending my friend request shortly! good luck to you and on your to do list as well.
  • hwilliams519
    hwilliams519 Posts: 428
    Options
    Feeling a little down today.Had a mole removed earlier in the week and the drs office called today to say that it was abnormal, yet benign.But they said that dark moles like that can turn into malanoma so they need me to come back in to have any dark moles removed. I'm sure I will be fine, but I am freaking out a little and feeling very nervous & anxious. And so is my husband.
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    For us in the UK our summer is just starting assuming it ever gets here, weather can be very changable, but you try as much
    as possible to carry on regardless.

I have four weeks of holiday play scheme for my eldest and then her sister breaks from nursery (day care) then they get to go and stay with grandad for a week before we join them for our family holiday. then back to work for us and nursery for youngest and then a week later eldest starts her new primary school. (ekk I have a child of school age!)
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    Thursday QOTD: I LOVE summer and am having fun being be more active outside. Sadly schools are back in-session soon here, and I saw Halloween candy at the grocery store this week. :noway: So with summer winding down what is still on your to-do list? And what has been the best part of your summer so far?

We have had AWFUL weather this year, which is sad because we have snow for like 8 months out of the year. No joking...we haven't been without at least some rain EVERYDAY for the past 2 months!

What is on my summer to-do list? I'd like to go swimming...that would definitely be nice...and lay in the sun.
    My best part so far? I did get to go camping twice so far. It rained the whole time...both times.

WooHoo...PITY PARTY! :sad:
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    Feeling a little down today.Had a mole removed earlier in the week and the drs office called today to say that it was abnormal, yet benign.But they said that dark moles like that can turn into malanoma so they need me to come back in to have any dark moles removed. I'm sure I will be fine, but I am freaking out a little and feeling very nervous & anxious. And so is my husband.

Scary stuff! I'm glad to hear that it is not malignant though. My dad had Melanoma...it will be way better to get them removed now and checked than to have something show up later. I'm sending you positive thoughts :flowerforyou:
  • TwinMom12409
    Options
    Sorry I have been M.I.A. I did an interview for a local paper today with my husband and sons. She wanted to talk about the boys and Down syndrome. I was so nervous and I am still worried about all the pictures they took- I hope I look ok.

Ok, Tuesday 7/26/11 QOTD: When co-workers, family, and/or acquaintances start noticing our weight loss and physical fitness improvements it's the ultimate compliment and encouragement. How soon, or how many pounds lost, did people start noticing how your lifestyle change was changing your body?

*Either no one notices my weight loss or they just don't say anything. I am down 39 pounds since the boys were born and other than a very few comments no one mentions it.

Wednesday 7/27/11 Celebrity crush-
    *Toss up between Jason Statham, Bruce Willis, and Jason Bateman. =)

Thursday 7/28/11 Thursday QOTD: I LOVE summer and am having fun being be more active outside. Sadly schools are back in-session soon here, and I saw Halloween candy at the grocery store this week. noway So with summer winding down what is still on your to-do list? And what has been the best part of your summer so far?

I really want to run a 5K. There is one in September and I need to get in shape mentally to do it. I think physically I can do it but there is a mental issue that I need to overcome.
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    Thursday QOTD: I LOVE summer and am having fun being be more active outside. Sadly schools are back in-session soon here, and I saw Halloween candy at the grocery store this week. noway So with summer winding down what is still on your to-do list? And what has been the best part of your summer so far?

I have really enjoyed swimming with my boys this summer. Being a lot lighter than I was last year I am not as self-conscious about being seen in my swimsuit so there have been many more trips. We have even gone to a water park and are planning one more trip. I wish we would have spent more time at our local parks and camped out, but it has been miserably hot for the last three weeks. That is definitely on my list for the next week or two.,
  • twistedsista0408
    Options
    I hate to sound cheesy but the best part of my summer has been getting into a great exercise program that I've been able to stick to all summer :))).

My TO-DO List has two things:
    1) lose this weight!
    2) find a good job
  • Karmiene
    Karmiene Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 7/26/11 QOTD: When co-workers, family, and/or acquaintances start noticing our weight loss and physical fitness improvements it's the ultimate compliment and encouragement. How soon, or how many pounds lost, did people start noticing how your lifestyle change was changing your body?

People have just begun to notice and I’d actually prefer they didn’t say anything. Several people have asked what I’m doing so I tell them about MFP and tracking food. They seem disappointed, like they were expecting a miracle diet. Nope, it’s all about mathematics and choices. Bor-ing!

QOTD 7/27/11 -- Who is your Celebrity Crush?

Gerard Butler
    Alex O’Loughlin
    QOTD 7/28/11 - So with summer winding down what is still on your to-do list? And what has been the best part of your summer so far?

Not a big fan of summer. I hibernate and become more active in the winter months so I’m looking forward to a change in season. I always have a revolving to-do list. I’m a list person. What's on it? The biggies: get kids ready to go back to school in a week and a half, transition to a new job, and keep up with MFP. Smaller: mop the floor, pay off bills, and create a workable menu.

It's not necessarily the best part of summer but my teenager had a pretty serious head injury two days before school let out so this summer has been never ending doctor’s appointments with neurosurgeons, neuropsychologists and weekly physical therapy. He’s fine and doing super terrific so maybe that’s the best part of my summer. Man, I love that kid!
  • carteremma
    carteremma Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!! I have a couple of days of questions to catch up on -

Tuesday QOTD: When co-workers, family, and/or acquaintances start noticing our weight loss and physical fitness improvements it's the ultimate compliment and encouragement. How soon, or how many pounds lost, did people start noticing how your lifestyle change was changing your body?

- I have not really had any comments for a while. the last time I lost a significant amout of weight was about 6 years ago and at that time I was a teacher and took to wearing baggy and shapeless clothes everyday. To be honest I was at about 175 lbs (10 lost) and I was so unhappy in my own skin that I did not want to be noticed.

Now I can't wait untill people comment on my weight loss this time as I am much happier with who I am. If they like my results from MFP and want my help getting them themselves I will be happy to help them. Bring it on!!

Wednesday QOTD Celebrity crush-

- Jared Leto or Jason Schwartsman

Thursday QOTD: I LOVE summer and am having fun being be more active outside. Sadly schools are back in-session soon here, and I saw Halloween candy at the grocery store this week. noway So with summer winding down what is still on your to-do list? And what has been the best part of your summer so far?

- we have had an awful summer so far here in Scotland. It feels like we have only had a handfull of nice days, so hopefully we have quite a few more before heading into Autumn. We are also just at the beginning of the Edinburgh festival (which used to mean constant drinking for me; we will need to see how I handle that this year!!) so I hope I can mange to go and see some good comediens this season. I would also still love to spend some time sitting out in one of our local parks reading and enjoying the sun.

So far the best part of this summer to me was going to see Take That in concert. It was pouring down the night we went to see them, but my friend and I jumped up and down, sang and danced like we were teenagers again. I truly loved feeling like a teen and that I had no cares in the world except what the next song would be!
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 7/26/11 QOTD: When co-workers, family, and/or acquaintances start noticing our weight loss and physical fitness improvements it's the ultimate compliment and encouragement. How soon, or how many pounds lost, did people start noticing how your lifestyle change was changing your body?

People have just begun to notice and I’d actually prefer they didn’t say anything. Several people have asked what I’m doing so I tell them about MFP and tracking food. They seem disappointed, like they were expecting a miracle diet. Nope, it’s all about mathematics and choices. Bor-ing!

QOTD 7/27/11 -- Who is your Celebrity Crush?

Gerard Butler
    Alex O’Loughlin
    QOTD 7/28/11 - So with summer winding down what is still on your to-do list? And what has been the best part of your summer so far?

Not a big fan of summer. I hibernate and become more active in the winter months so I’m looking forward to a change in season. I always have a revolving to-do list. I’m a list person. What's on it? The biggies: get kids ready to go back to school in a week and a half, transition to a new job, and keep up with MFP. Smaller: mop the floor, pay off bills, and create a workable menu.

It's not necessarily the best part of summer but my teenager had a pretty serious head injury two days before school let out so this summer has been never ending doctor’s appointments with neurosurgeons, neuropsychologists and weekly physical therapy. He’s fine and doing super terrific so maybe that’s the best part of my summer. Man, I love that kid!

OH Sorry to hear abt ur Kid - Hope he recovers soon :)
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day :bigsmile:
  • lasttimelooser
    lasttimelooser Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Everything will be ok.....
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Alright everyone, here is my public confession. If everyone knows, then maybe everyone can keep on top of me to make the right choices. I've been doing terribly lately. I was so stressed out about getting ready to move, then I was stressed out about cleaning and getting everything unpacked. We went out to eat a lot because there hasn't been a lot of food in the house and we've been traveling a lot lately. We also didn't have the water filter hooked up to the faucet (and I haven't been able to make myself drink from the faucet yet) so my water intake has been very low. Yesterday I bought a big thing of water to drink, and some healthier meal options. I'm getting myself back on track. If for no other reason than because I feel like crap for bringing the team down.
  • journey2size10
    Options

its completely understandable to be worried, I think we all would be. Just try to stay positive and remember everything happens for a reason and it will work itself out. Try to stay calm and relax, at least you know what's up instead of delaying going to the dr. like alot of people do. good luck and everything will be fine, girlie!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Friday QOTD: Being Friday I have an easy one for you guys.... I just want to get to know you guys a little better, Please list 3 facts about yourself.

Here's mine...

1) I have 4 kids, a dog, two cats, and have been married to an awesome man for two years now as of Monday!
    2) I love being out doors... I'm tying this on my back patio right now! I like to snowboard, walk on the beach, camp, fish, take long walks ect..

Hmmm... maybe 3 isn't so easy, lets see

3) I'm participating in another challenge her on MFP (an elimination one) and I'm one of the final 5... Super proud of that:wink: