Lose 25 lbs by Oct 1st. (12 wks) Hope you will join me in t

Options

Replies

• jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Happy Mom - way to stick with it.

The scale isn't showing any change for me, but I haven't been under calorie since Friday and skipped a workout on Sunday so I'm not surprised. I did have someone today in jazzercise class call me, "Mrs. Skinny" and asked what I've been doing. I told her "myfitnesspal.com" and working out almost every day!

- Jill
  • Alumlniaa
    Alumlniaa Posts: 3
    Options
    oooh, my birthdays October 15, and that would put me just over the "lost 50 pounds" mark.
    Sounds like a good way to stay on track. (at the rate i'm supposed to be on, I should lose 26 by then)
    Sign me up.

Goal: 172 pounds
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I started another challenge around the same time as this one, so here are the weigh-ins I have so far:

W1(7/8/11): 184
    W2(7/15/11):182.6
    W3(7/22/11):179.4

Keep up the great work!
  • jillica
    Options
    I cannot go a couple of days without checking into the Oct 25 lb club! How are you all doing?

I'm getting my 10 lb badge this weekend - I can just feel it! (that will make it 10 lbs since I started MFP, not since I started this group)

What badge is everyone else virtually wearing? - Jill
  • JosieMomGramma
    JosieMomGramma Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    jillica: I hope to get my 30lb. badge by the end of this month! Can only hope anyway, still keeping under my calories & working out!
    That is all any one of us can do. Keep moving ahead, little by little every oz. & move counts towards our goals!
  • Amulder2583
    Options
    I'll gladly join in. This fits in perfectly with my "lose 30lbs by Thanksgiving" goal.
  • happymom1197
    happymom1197 Posts: 155
    Options
    Well, I hit a roadblock. Lol. I just got a summer cold. Same time that I have PMS. AND my family vacation is this weekend. . . . All not good for healthy eating or exercise. I had carbs today. Lots of carbs. Didn't log anything. BAD ME!!!! Just had to take care of the kids today, work tonight, and felt like just laying on the couch all day, but I got some housework done instead. So, to me that was an accomplishment. Moms just can't really get sick like everyone else. Lol. Anyway, just checking in. Everyone looks like they r doing great! I will be sticking to my lower carb way of eating this weekend & my sister is bringing her 30 day shred DVD on our trip so we will be getting a workout or two in after the kids r sleeping:) What is everyone else up to this weekend?
  • happymom1197
    happymom1197 Posts: 155
    Options
    And btw- my scale isn't budging, but I'm not giving into that drama. I'm considering changing my weigh-in day. It's so hard working 3rd shift. When to weigh in!?!?!?! Lol. On a positive note, I usually pack on about 5 pounds of water weight when I have PMS, and the scale read 209.2 Thursday morning, so I hope that means I really have had a loss. Idk. Ohhhhh welllllllll. Lol
  • pepperann44
    Options
    I am totally in!
  • cmg4721
    Options
    Jillica – I’m currently wearing my 35lb badge :)

I’ll be weighing-in tomorrow morning…not really expecting a weight loss this week (parents annual party last weekend)…but maybe I lost somewhere else :)

Keep up the great work!!
  • JosieMomGramma
    Options
    Well "Lose 25 lbs by Oct 1st. " Group; we are now in another month. We have 2 more months to reach our goal weight loss of 25lbs or ? I am afraid I have not made my July goal of 5 lbs. , although I had already lost 3 lbs just a couple of days before I started this challenge.
    Weight lost from July 14 to 31st = 3.2 lbs.
    Next Weight loss update to be August 31 st. I need to lose 11.8 lbs to make my goal by Oct. 1st.
    I will really have to pick up my socks this month , exercise more & lower my calories each day!
    I have 1.6 lbs to lose to get to my 30lbs lost , so I am happy about that accomplishment!
    How are all of you doing?
    How much have you lost since the start of this group to July 31st. so far?
    I know it is difficult sometimes to keep on track with all the family & friends, BBQ's , potlucks & Reunions, during summer.
    I have had several potlucks the past 2 weeks & am involved in a Family Fun DAy here in our little town, today. With hotdogs & hamburgers cooking just behind me while I paint little faces with cheek art, lol. Am bringing fruit & some low cal snacks, lol.
    I also have a huge family reunion on Aug. 13th. So really need encouragement to keep on track!
    But lets not give up as we can do this together!!
    Keep up your encouraging posts, look forward to hearing from you all! Happy thoughts for August successes coming your way, as we journey to our goals of: Oct. 1st. !!
  • jillica
    Options
    I'm with you JosieMomGramm! I'm a little behind on goal milestones, too.

Weightloss from July 14th - 1.4 lbs BUT I feel great! I just got my 10 lb badge and I'm getting all kinds of notices and compliments.

Here's to moving more!
  • jillica
    Options
    O.K I know I just posted 7 hours ago, but I just did the math and I'm not as far behind as I thought!

So here is where I stand with my 1st mini goal after my weigh-in:
    175 lbs (check - 175.6), 39.75 waist (CHECK - 39"!), 28.7 BMI (check - EXACTLY!)

Moving on to next step...
    2 mini goal: 166 lbs by late Aug, 36.00 waist, 26.9 BMI (marginal overweight)
    3 mini goal: 152 lbs by October 1st!, 32.00 waist, 24.9 BMI (acceptable) AND 25LB successfully lost!!!

It FEELS SO GOOD to have made one of my mini-goals! If you haven't broke your weight loss into mini-goals, do it. It really gets you pumped up when you pass one of them. I didn't get to it as fast as I wanted but I GOT TO IT!
  • cmg4721
    Options
    Hey there!! Busy weekend so I wasn’t able to check in…but here are my most recent results :)

SW(7/4/11): 185.8
    W1(7/8/11): 184
    W2(7/15/11):182.6
    W3(7/22/11):179.4
    W4(7/30/11):179.0

Total loss so far: 6.8lbs

JosieMomGramm – you are still doing awesome! Great job!

Jillica – great loss so far!

I had a mini-goal of 174lbs by Aug 7th…but I’ve been playing catch-up since my vacation in June…so I won’t be hitting that goal, but I’m hoping to reach the next mini-goal after that!

It’s a new month so let’s make the best of it :)
  • jillica
    Options
    Hey 25 lbs by October Club: I just want to share what I've been trying to do lately.
    You know when you are in your food journal and at the end of the day, you hit "complete entry"? Well, my goal is to have it say that I'd be 10 lbs lighter in 5 weeks. If it doesn't say that, then I try to get as much of a work out in to make it say that. Has anyone tried this before? How acurate do you think it will be?
  • jillica
    Options
    Well, day 4 of doing the "complete entry to say 10 lbs lighter in 5 weeks" and I couldn't keep at it. I was exhausted! Although it was good in theory, very challenging for me in real life. Still looking for others who have done this? I'm going to take a break until I in a better place mentally and will try to do this again. The scale didn't bunch an ounce. But I still fill great and thin!
  • cmg4721
    Options
    Jillica - i have not tried that before, but i can imagine that it was super exhausting trying to make it say that! great job trying, glad you're taking it a little easier and listening to your body. I was camping over the weekend, now I’m struggling to get myself to do any kind of exercise at all lol. Hopefully I can get myself to do one of Jillian Michael's DVD’s tonight, and possibly fit in one of my jogs for my week 7 of C25K. I missed my last weigh-in due to camping, so I will continue with my weigh-ins this Saturday :) Keep up the great work!
  • jillica
    Options
    Thank you, CMG! It was quite a challenge. Keep up the great work yourself:-)

To the rest of you: Keep at it! Even if you are falling short of the 25lbs by October, don't give up. 10 lbs is better than nothing! And maybe you all are being REALLY successful and just not wanting to brag. Please, BRAG! This challenge keeps me moving forward and I would love to hear from you. We all have reasons that we are aiming for October. I keep checking this message board to stay focused and motivated.

I personally haven't budged much on the scale since I began this challenge - maybe about 3 lbs - but I FEEL GREAT! Measure yourself, body fat test yourself, try on those skinny jeans - 25lbs by October is nice but think of all the Non-Scale Victories that can be achieved if you stick with it.
  • JosieMomGramma
    Options
    I would like to hear from more people on their progress so far. So many replied to the challenge but only a couple of people have added comments on their journey so far. I wanted to lose 15 lbs by the end of Aug. & so far I have lost 7.8 lbs. Thus I want to lose 7.2 by Aug. 31st. Just keeping under my calories per day & exercising everyday. Know matter if it is just a short walk or working out at the gym or just doing major housework. Hope you are all doing well; does not matter if we don't make our 25 lb. goal by Oct. 1st or not; just that we are moving in the right direction & losing right!! Watch the splurges don't get out of hand & keep on moving!!! Hugs from me to you all!
  • bellieff
    bellieff Posts: 43
    Options
    morning all! i didnt check in last saturday after my weigh in. it was a busy week. but through all the eating out that happened through these last seven days, i lost 2.4 lbs. bringing my total to 12.8 so far since this challenge started. (i had to go back through my progress reports to figure that out! glad they have those) im halfway there! I did some calculations and that leaves me without about 1.7 lb a week to lose throughout the rest of the challenge, very doable!!!

Things are going to change for me slightly at the end of the month. Last weekend, i spent some time in the ER and got diagnosed with gallstones. blah. i went in yesterday for some follow up appointments and they scheduled me for surgery on the 31st of August. im unsure of how this is going to effect my weightloss. i was told that i will lose my appetite and a few others things that sound like they may cause me to drop a few lbs but not the way i want too. plus it will put a hinderance on excersising. (which i have majorly been slacking on anyway...)

i cant wait to lose the next three pounds...it puts me at my pre-baby weight. (still considered obese, but i havent weighed it since before my son who i had in 2009) i started out mfp when i got on a scale and realized i weighed the same as i did 9 months pregnant! so hitting this goal will feel great!

i hope all of you are successful this next week! and more of you that said you want to do it should speak up!! how are YOU doing??