• JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    *kitten* wrong thread

I'm judging you
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I confess microwave popcorn is never as good as I imagine it will be. It leaves me with thirsty, salty regret every time.

I find the Brims popcorn at Dollar General very tasty 170 cal for 3 cups!!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    I am really bored with everything lately.

Imagine how Harry felt when he got back from hogwarts

I just got back from Hogwarts.
    I know.

• Creep7796
    Creep7796 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »
    slessofme wrote: »
    kace_kay wrote: »

I've been married 7 years and unhappy for the last 5 ... I hear ya on the broken people .... My husband at one time told me he wasn't sleeping with me because of my weight. That was huge for me. I have anxiety now over and think everyone is judging me over it.

You cant change him, but you can change the way you look at yourself. Self acceptance is
    something that takes time. Don't compare yourself to others, only compare yourself to the person you were yesterday. Strangers (including myself) often look at others out of curiosity more than judgment.

Oh it's super hard to not compare myself .....

Comparison is the thief of joy. I have to tell myself this a lot.

That's a good way to look at it.

It's hard, especially when people have been telling us to compare ourselves most of our lives, usually to something perceived negative so that we are somehow miraculously enlightened and we feel better about ourselves.... as a way to count our blessings, I suppose. But then we take it and use it as a way that is no longer constructive and we tear ourselves up over how we aren't what we are "supposed" to be. Don't let these thoughts convince you that you're not enough.

I'm really bad about telling myself that I *should* feel this way, or I *should* do that. I just saw an REI ad in a magazine with a lot of the *should* statements I run through my brain, but the should part was redlined in each. I'll be tearing that page out and putting it somewhere that I'll look at every day as a reminder.

Can you give some examples.

Things like "I should feel strong" or "I should appreciate my body's abilities". It takes things from a passive statement to an affirmative statement.

I like this!! Maybe I should start righting stuff down like this everyday.
  • LifeIs420
    LifeIs420 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    true confession: i go to bed every night not knowing how much pain i will have when i wake up
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I'm going in September.

I'll take a selfie in only a cloak for you.

I did this.
    Only I did have the tie on.
    And my wand showing...

• BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    I'm going in September.

I'll take a selfie in only a cloak for you.

I did this.
    Only I did have the tie on.
    And my wand showing...

giphy.gif

tumblr_m77z2k2NuO1qdm4v9o4_500.gif[img][/img]
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,498 Member
    Options
    *kitten* wrong thread

STRIPPER%2BFAILS6.gif
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

LifeIs420 wrote: »
    true confession: i go to bed every night not knowing how much pain i will have when i wake up

ditto I confess...
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I confess I like to manipulate and mind *kitten* people for *kitten* and giggles...all in good fun.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I confess that I may have sort of kinda possibly most definitely started smoking again.... damn stress. That's gotta stop.