Girls feeling when they see a six pack abs good looking guy at gym

Replies

• kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,080 Member
    I find this thread odd. While I fully understand why someone having 6 pack abs is not the end all be all....I find it strange that while some are not attracted to it which is fine, that many seem to find it a negative. There are some pretty decent average guys that just happen to be in great shape....
    I don't pay attention to abs. Sure they're nice to look at but it's going to take way more than that to get me interested. Personality is way more important to me. Can he hold a conversation? Is he kind and respectful? Do we have the same sense of humor? Can he *kitten*? These are what intrigues me about a man, not his vanity.

This is why I'm ok with myself. Because I actually believe you. I used to get depressed with the pantie dropping after a ripped guy posts his work, but once you see it's always the same people and the same comments, it's all good. I have a 6 pack personality and I can *kitten*. Once you stop, look around and realize that people are actually into that more, that self doubt melts away.

A lot of hard work and discipline goes into looking like that, and my point isn't to knock that in anyway. I'd love to have that ethic. I'm just putting out there to not get hung up on how others look and embrace your own strengths.

I think your answer lies within these two posts. If your whole existence is trying to get abs and be as atheistic as possible then you're most likely short sighted and probably not experiencing life to its fullest.

If you having a nice body or being in good shape is part of a well balanced approach to life, work and/or sport then you're most likely a well rounded decent person who can laugh, love and yes pleasure your partner to the point of "WOO"!! I know you like that mfp reference ;)

The point is, be the best version of yourself and try your best to support others as they strive to do the same.

• Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    In our gym you are not allowed to be shirtless, but I do see guys checking out their abs in the mirror. I admire their hard work and dedication but that's as far as it goes in my mind even if they are hot. At my age I am invisible to them (unless I am using the piece of equipment they want), doesn't stop me from discretely looking though lol.
  • Raquel_Mama
    Raquel_Mama Posts: 1,815 Member
    01Lucifer wrote: »
    So here it is all men wants to know that how u all girls/ladies feel when u see a cool hunk who have maintained a good body with six pack abs.

How do I feel when I see a sexy man with abs? Sure, it's attractive, but it's not everything. I also think men without that ab definition are sexy too. A nice strong body in general is a turn on for me, you don't have to be cut and ripped to get my attention. Who they are as a person weighs in much more for me than whether or not they have defined abs.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Seems like what we have here is that *most* women don't stop and stare and become immediately aroused when noticing physical features like *some* men do when they see a big pair of tits or long legs, etc.
    I think that's it in a nutshell.

I think a lot of young men would feel a lot better about their physical appearance if they got that.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    I find this thread odd. While I fully understand why someone having 6 pack abs is not the end all be all....I find it strange that while some are not attracted to it which is fine, that many seem to find it a negative. There are some pretty decent average guys that just happen to be in great shape....

A nicely built midsection is attractive ( to me). A dude with amazing 6 pack is not, not the 6 pack itself, but the effort behind it. While I love a guy in great shape, I don't like guys that "try too hard", and 6 pack all year around to me screams "trying too hard".

Interesting.....it makes me wonder if it goes the other way as well. If one judges someone that is great shape to be "trying too hard", is it safe to say the opposite could be judged about an obese person "not trying hard enough"?

Keep in mind, great shape and six pack all year long is not the same thing. All serious lifters know what it takes to have amazing abs. There's a reason most serious lifters don't keep abs all year long.

Well I'm a trainer and a former professional athlete....so I already have these things in mind. I know what it takes to have amazing abs and why some don't have them all year round. But I have abs all year long.....there may be times when they are more cut then others but they are always there. It's more a function of the sport I have participated in my whole life, and my job then any type of vanity issue. And for the others, who's to say that when someone sees them with their 6 pack abs that it isn't just their "cut" cycle.....maybe they won't have abs 6 months from now but because they do then they are "trying too hard"

I think people tend to judge on both ends of the spectrum.

Agree.
    But what's wrong with judging? At the end of the day, isn't it our right to judge who we are attracted to? Isn't being attracted to someone a form of judgement? Your brain is telling you "yep, that guy does it for you".
    Or "nope, he's not doing it for you".

I agree as well. Judging is always looked upon as a bad thing, but I think it's foolish not to judge. I judge people all the time to see if they add quality to my life or are a detriment. And yes I believe everyone has a right to choose who they find attractive in a person. What I find curious is when someone gauges that on something that they gave no idea to be the case. A guy having abs too much is trying too hard.....a guy with a huge gut is trying too little....those are uneducated assumptions based on our own issues. If a knotted looking cut ab look is not appealing to someone that's fine, if it is but they judge a personality off just that, then that's ridiculous.

If my experience has shown me that usually muscular guys with 6 packs are trying too hard, why don't I have the right to make that assumption? Do I have to get to know every muscular guy with 6 pack to find out if that's true or not?
    We make decisions/assumptions based on our life experience, with almost everything. This is no different. I'm not saying that you should never "take chances", but I'm fine with myself making assumptions based on what's proven to be true for me almost every single time.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    I agree it's definitely not a say all be all, much like a great body on a woman isn't the say all be all for me either...

However, I'm not going to be so disingenuous as to say I don't think a nice figure on a woman is attractive.

Fact is I've worked incredibly hard for what I've achieved and I have not come so far to stop now. I'm always going to be working towards a better physique, there is just no relenting in me.

If 10 studies came out tomorrow saying women prefer guys with no muscles and beer bellies, I could care less and would continue to eat wise and exercise like a madman nearly everyday of my life because it's what I love to do.

When I see my friends and family working out, making healthier choices, I can't help but feel like I've had an influence on them and if I am, my son will be.

That keeps me motivated, but I'm also not going to be so disingenuous as to say that I'm not also doing this for myself as well...

The fact is massive weight loss can leave you a little crazy, I'm happy with my results but I know I'm capable of more, and I've not come so far to sell myself short on something I've worked so hard towards...
  • Chase_The_Pain
    Chase_The_Pain Posts: 255 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I get more hot when I see a guy deadlifting 600lbs.

Does half that much get you at least a teeny bit sweaty? Asking for a friend. :ohwell:

No because that's what I deadlift. (When I'm not injured).

:lol:
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    And one more thing...

If you look at me and think "Eat a sandwich", or "He has no life", then frankly you can go to hell.

In truth are you really any less superficial or judgmental than those who say the opposite about people who are overweight?
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited July 2017
    Abs are awesome on a guy who has the muscle mass to go with them. Abs on a skinny guy are funny - seen too many skinny guys in the gym finish a set of curls and then lift their shirts to check out their pack. lol

Too many dudes will sacrifice progress because they are scared to lose definition. A year later, they haven't progressed a single lift/gained any muscle.
  • Ironandwine69

A nicely built midsection is attractive ( to me). A dude with amazing 6 pack is not, not the 6 pack itself, but the effort behind it. While I love a guy in great shape, I don't like guys that "try too hard", and 6 pack all year around to me screams "trying too hard".

Interesting.....it makes me wonder if it goes the other way as well. If one judges someone that is great shape to be "trying too hard", is it safe to say the opposite could be judged about an obese person "not trying hard enough"?

Keep in mind, great shape and six pack all year long is not the same thing. All serious lifters know what it takes to have amazing abs. There's a reason most serious lifters don't keep abs all year long.

Well I'm a trainer and a former professional athlete....so I already have these things in mind. I know what it takes to have amazing abs and why some don't have them all year round. But I have abs all year long.....there may be times when they are more cut then others but they are always there. It's more a function of the sport I have participated in my whole life, and my job then any type of vanity issue. And for the others, who's to say that when someone sees them with their 6 pack abs that it isn't just their "cut" cycle.....maybe they won't have abs 6 months from now but because they do then they are "trying too hard"

Agree.
    But what's wrong with judging? At the end of the day, isn't it our right to judge who we are attracted to? Isn't being attracted to someone a form of judgement? Your brain is telling you "yep, that guy does it for you".

I agree as well. Judging is always looked upon as a bad thing, but I think it's foolish not to judge. I judge people all the time to see if they add quality to my life or are a detriment. And yes I believe everyone has a right to choose who they find attractive in a person. What I find curious is when someone gauges that on something that they gave no idea to be the case. A guy having abs too much is trying too hard.....a guy with a huge gut is trying too little....those are uneducated assumptions based on our own issues. If a knotted looking cut ab look is not appealing to someone that's fine, if it is but they judge a personality off just that, then that's ridiculous.

If my experience has shown me that usually muscular guys with 6 packs are trying too hard, why don't I have the right to make that assumption? Do I have to get to know every muscular guy with 6 pack to find out if that's true or not?
    We make decisions/assumptions based on our life experience, with almost everything. This is no different. I'm not saying that you should never "take chances", but I'm fine with myself making assumptions based on what's proven to be true for me almost every single time.

Of course you can feel any way you wish. But it's based on anecdotal evidence. If I say almost every woman I meet that lifts weights actually does not have a very good plan on how to do properly for optimal gains...that would be a true statement. However it would be a false statement if I were to lump all women who lift weights into that statement. There are many more women who lift weights than those that I have come across so that would be an unfair conclusion .....so I don't assume anything until proven either way. But that's just me, everyone is free to judge how they wish.

I'm not trying to split hairs here, but I dont think that comparison is the same.

If I think " that guy has no life outside the gym" to me it means " it doesn't fit my lifestyle, it's not for me, not someone I would date, he's probably gonna make you asparagus and kale for dinner, when you want a big juicy steak...etc".
    Is having a gain plan something very important to you that would determine if you would date/go out/ find someone attractive?
  • Candy0516
    Candy0516 Posts: 399 Member
    Abs are sexy and all but, if you are cocky then it's a total turn off. I like a guy that's confident in themselves.
  • bluets2011
    bluets2011 Posts: 241 Member
    I take my hats off to anyone with a six pack all the hard work and discipline. For attraction and dating I prefer bigger guys. In the success stories here, I usually find the before picture more attractive than after for the guys :-).
  • Ironandwine69

Agree.

Of course you can feel any way you wish. But it's based on anecdotal evidence. If I say almost every woman I meet that lifts weights actually does not have a very good plan on how to do properly for optimal gains...that would be a true statement. However it would be a false statement if I were to lump all women who lift weights into that statement. There are many more women who lift weights than those that I have come across so that would be an unfair conclusion .....so I don't assume anything until proven either way. But that's just me, everyone is free to judge how they wish.

I'm not trying to split hairs here, but I dont think that comparison is the same.

If I think " that guy has no life outside the gym" to me it means " it doesn't fit my lifestyle, it's not for me, not someone I would date, he's probably gonna make you asparagus and kale for dinner, when you want a big juicy steak...etc".
    Is having a gain plan something very important to you that would determine if you would date/go out/ find someone attractive?

Not to mention....I despise kale.....I eat asparagus but I do so so with a juicy steak about 3 times a week. A weight lifters "cut" diet can be far different than an athletes leaning out diet to cut weight where there are far more calories burned and more needed for performance even while at a deficit. So the ripped abs on a boxer doesn't mean he isn't eating more than even a weight lifter on a bulk.

Whoever came up with the idea that kale is eatable..not cool!!!